Why do they say in Mechanics and Physics?

Here is my reasoning:Elasticity Theory Of Solids is a part of Continuum Mechanics and Continuum Mechanics is a part of Mechanics and Mechanics is a part of Physics so LOGICALLY Elasticity Theory Of Solids is a part of Physics!Am I wrong?If so,why?

Maybe I'm weird but I really hate when they say in mechanics and physics.

04

Most Helpful Guy

• There's always some engineer or scientist that wants to act like their discipline of study is superior and take credit for other people's discoveries. Some one will be like I'm a biologist, and a chemist will be like oh oh biology is just applied just applied chemistry, and a physicist will be like no no no pardon me, but chemistry is just applied physics, and then a mathematician will be like rrrrrrrrrmmmm rmmmmmmmm but excuse me physics is just applied mathematics, then a philosopher will be like bitch please, mathematics is just applied philosophy, and some linguist will be like, no you're all wrong it's all applied language I'm more pompous then all off you so GTFO. Meanwhile the biologist is drinking a beer saying look at these jackasses. =P It is what it is, let it be and stop trying to feel self important.

• I know. Great athletic achievement is 'just applied physics' but that doesn't mean a physicist could do it, right?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• Its just a label. In Finland mechanics is just a part of physics like thermodynamics, waves, electromagnetism etc.. And they're also a subject of their own, if you want to research them individually.

• Who's saying that it isn't?

• Everything is related to everything is related to everything in one way or another, bro.