Is he gone for good?

I have a male friend who I have known 3 years. About 2.5 weeks ago, I made a poor choice. I loaned him money over a year ago. He was having financial issues and told him he could pay it back whenever. Over a year passed and it wasn't mentioned. He did mention a trip he was saving for and some other things. I felt disrespected and like he didn't value the friendship like me. I told him this assertively, not in a mean way.

Needless to say, he was cold and distant for awhile. I thought he was coming around but he isn't. He has paid me more than half of the loan. I apologized for blind siding him with the discussion. He said he is over it and we're 'cool.'

He has made himself very scare since this incident. He has spoken to me on and off. I am trying not to contact him but let him come to me. He says he likes talking to me and spends more time with me than anyone else because he's a loner. Well...not lately. I know I hurt him and now I don't know what to do. I feel the dynamic has been killed.

I felt so bad I even sent balloons to apologize for hurting him. What else can I do?

03

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with KingsOfLeon. Money just gets in the way between friends and family members. If a friend or family member is in need of money either give it to them or tell them you're unable to help.

You've done nothing wrong. This guy valued the money more than your relationship. My wish for you is that he pays you the remainder and apologizes profusely for putting your relationship at risk.

What Guys Said 2

• Sorry to say that he took advantage of you. You got scammed.

There is nothing wrong with trying to help people, but when it comes to lending money, you should have made him sign a leash or term.

• Never. ever. ever. ever. involve money with family and friends.

What Girls Said 0