Is there a coindence with people breaking up and seasons of the year?

I am just wondering if break ups happen more so around this time of the year, especailly with spring around the corner and with the new love in the air. I mean ovbiously not everyone break up around this time of the year but just curious to see if anyone recently broke up or if any past relationships have ended around this time?

• Most of my relationships ended in winter
  • Most of my relstonships ended in summer
  • Most of my relationships ended in the fall
    Vote C
  • Most of my relationships ended in the spring
    Vote D
  • My relationships end whenever and where ever I please
    Vote E

712

Most Helpful Guy

• The secret is to always juggle five to ten relationships at a time. This way you may end up with relative shortages at given times of the year, but you'll always have something going for ya. You just need to adapt.

• i will take that into conderation lol... don't think I spelt that right lol

• I choose you for best answer because you made me laugh :)

• Glad to know it. Nothin's better than a laugh. ; - )

What Guys Said 11

• From my opinion, people seem to break up in late spring just as summer begins. I've noticed this trend when I was in high school and I had always assumed it was because:

1) People settle with their current beau during winter to avoid having to look for a new one during "winter depression"

2) People feel renewed when spring / summer arrives and feel a change of "scenery" is in order

3) We're exactly like other animals and we want to bang when the warm weather comes

• All of my relationships didn't make it past summer.

It seems coincidental since I generally have lowly winters and great springs. When the weather is nicer and the days are brighter, I feel good about life and somehow my self esteem gets up where it doesn't belong (really high) and bam, suddenly I'm talking to girls and relationships form.

• I don't think it has an overwhelming affect, but I think, especially in school, it plays a role. People meet in college, have to leave during the summer and they live on opposite sides of the country. Maybe that makes it one year, but the next they decide it's too much. Or you know, people can get depressed around winter, especially during the New Year, because their life is going nowhere and they feel they need to make a change. I know I feel invigorated during the Spring and Summer, and I wouldn't be surprised that if I were in a relationship, I wouldn't be examining it during this time, especially if it's already been bringing me down.

• When I think about it, yeah a lot of relationships end just before spring or during. I guess it kind of shows how we unconsciously go through a natural circle of life. If we are going to end a relationship, we end it when it's time to rebuild (spring, nature comes to life etc.).

• I've never had a relationship but I'd like to think I'd just break up after an issue started to emerge (even if that issue was just that we'd been together a while and I didn't see us going anywhere at all), not at a certain time of the year because I feel like a change.

• I have not noticed a correlation in my life.

• never been in a relationship but I say maybe winter because it's the start of a new year and maybe it's time to start a new relationship.

• This might help!

link

• seems like by winter time everyones hitched and spring time their looking for something new.

• I think it happens often in the winter time. I see many of my friends breaking up this time of year.

• It does seem as though everyone is breaking up this time of year.

What Girls Said 7

• There's no correlation with mine.

I've broken up in winter, in spring, in summer, in autumn. Just happens. :)

• My relationships tend to end when I feel too comfortable and open up too much...

But I do notice that a lot of relationships fail in the Feb-April time...

• I have read that more breakups happen during the spring and summer months while in winter people couple up more. I think it has to do with people staying in more in the winter so they want someone with them and a warm body near to cuddle up with. In the spring and summer people are out more and more active so the possibilities of meeting another person goes up so more break ups happen.

• Alot of people break up with people just before the summer holidays so they can be free to do whatever they please...there have been actual studies conducted on this.

• I have only been in three relationships. I am currently in one. My first ended as Fall began and the second ended right as spring began.

• I've just recently gone through heart break and a break up these past two months ha ha and still dealing with it!

• I break up whenever