I don't get him...help??

It's been a month since me and my ex talked or anything he has a new girlfriend now and we were going on for 3 years. He got a girlfriend without even telling me and they just met last month.I called him one day ask him to tell me he doesn't love me anymore so I know it's over but he just hung up. I don't get how he can just leave after everything we went through Is he just hurt and using her or did he really move on?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• You say you've not talked for a month, but how long ago did you break up? Did you call him and ask him to say that when you found out he had a girlfriend?

I doubt that he is just using her. He probably has moved on and hence no longer has a need for you in his life. I've been through something similar with my ex. We broke up because of distance and remained in touch for over a year. I've always felt that as soon as he gets a new girlfriend, he'll just stop talking to me; I voiced my concerns to him and he kept telling me that we'd still be friends even if he starts a new relationship. Well, one day he suddenly stopped responding to my emails and about two months later I found out he had a girlfriend. I have not heard from him in almost half a year now, and I have no urge to message him and I am pretty sure I will never hear from him again. It hurt a lot in the beginning because it showed me that my friendship must have not meant anything to him.

As for how can he leave after everything you went through, I don't know. But people can, and they do. I know it makes you think that he must have never cared, but that's not the case. There was a point when he cared about you dearly, and maybe he still does a little. But he has started a new chapter in his life, and the best thing you can do is do the same.

What Guys Said 1

• It seems that he has really moved on. Stop thinking a lot about him, and simply move on to another guy.

What Girls Said 1

• Happened to me too. I've been told that only he can decide if he wants to be with me or not. And if he decides not to there is nothing anyone can do. Just accept the decision and walk away and move on