when you have a new girlfriend... men, what option would you choose?

When you have a new girlfriend, and you really really care about her and want to be with her and you even may LOVE her you think, what do most guys prefer to do when having a girlfriend? (and in maybe some cases, if there culture/family is kind of super strict)

Would you rather:

1) Not tell anyone really unless the question was ASKED if you have a girlfriend, and mainly just keep it to yourself and between you and your girlfriend because it isn't really anyone's buisness anyway? Because you are more of a private person and just don't like telling people stuff like that

2) Would you want to tell everyone whenever you wanted to, and was EXCITED as HECK to tell people, and was just so open about telling people if it was after only like 3-4 months and you only got to see the girl like 3 times a month? (even if you know you have religious kind of strict families/friends?)

3) Would you keep it to yourself until it starts to get gradually MORE and more serious than it already was, after you get to know each other more on different levels, and after you had been dating like for more than a few months?

38 minutes ago - 4 days left to answer.

Additional Details

OH: And what if you are Russian or some other kind of culture when it comes to dating? What would you do then?

024

Most Helpful Guy

• In my past relationship, which lasted 3,5 years, her parents didn't know about us going out. My ex's parents were divorced and the mum was really strict about her children having relationships, regardless of their age. This was one of the major factors of us breaking up.

Now that I have a new girl in my sights, I would want to keep it to ourselves as long as possible until it becomes serious or word goes around. So I choose option 3.

Relationships are meant to be private, as well as sex life. I hate it when my friends or people I know come up to me and ask if I've slept with her yet.

What Guys Said 23

• At the very beginning, I don't tell anyone, except maybe my very, very closest friends, and in most cases, not even them. That's because I want to make sure it's going to work out and that we are compatible.

Once I'm past that stage, then I normally take the lead from the girl. Some girls want to tell everyone, and if she feels like that, then I'm okay with letting people around me know. If she'd rather keep things private, then only my tightest circle of friends might know about her.

I don't need to "impress" anyone by having a girlfriend, so I'm fine with keeping things private if that's what she prefers, but if things are going to be serious/long-term, then usually at least a few people are going to know.

I'm comfortable either way, so for me, it's about whatever makes HER comfortable.

• I'm more of the #1 kind of person. And maybe it's just my way of thinking but I won't officially name someone as my girlfriend if I don't love them at that point. My style is more of saying "I love you" first and then the girlfriend-boyfriend questions coming up soon after. I'm not the gloating/bragging kind of person, pretty humble and put a lot of others first before myself. I don't have very many enemies because of it and even though my friends encourage me to retain some of my self needs. If someone wants to know if and when I have a girlfriend all they need to do is ask and I would tell them straight up if I did or not.

• Right now, I'm kind of private with people I don't know. I don't hide it, but I try not to gush or brag too much. Now if I were in a different culture, I don't know how I would treat the girlfriend discussion. All I know is who I am, and how I've handled things in the past. Culturally, I don't know if it would change anything or not.

• I would introduce her to my friends definitely, and if I was serious would bring her to family engagements too. If someone close is getting married I would bring her as my date and would introduce her as my GF. Generally where I would hang out people there would know I have a girl. So yeah if it is serious most people would know. Don't see why I would hide her if I like her.

Any guy who is thinking of spending the rest of his life with someone, would introduce her to his mum.

• I'd wait for a few dates to see if it's going anywhere before telling people. If it's gonna fizzle out, I'm stuck having to explain it and I don't like that. And I'd probably want to tell everyone I came across if I was crazy about her, but would most likely only mention it if asked or if it pertains to a story or situation I'm currently in.

• 1 or 3. The only thing more awkward than telling everyone about your new girlfriend is telling everyone that you broke up. If they never know, you never have to explain it. My family is also extremely judgmental. This way saves everyone a boat load of trouble.

• Totally 1. I'm very quiet about such things. I've been with my girlfriend for 5 months now but I still don't feel comfortable saying I have a girlfriend, especially with strangers (my friends know so its futile with them). Haven't told my parents.

If I was Russian? err...drink some vodka, wear a cool hat and then do the same? How on earth can I answer that?

• I would share it if it were relevant. If a girl thought I was single, I would inform her of my girlfriend. I wouldn't go around telling people about it, just like I don't go around telling people about other personal business without any sort of prompting.

• None of those. I'll let people know, but I won't brag about it. And I won't really try to hide it either.

• ... as you say your family is super strict, I would respect your fear and select option 3 to prove I am serious about you!

• there's no right answer if just depends on the girl, an her nature.

• 1 and 3, is personal but would like to tell at least my parents, no one elses business, till you are ready to tell

• number 3

• I'm a #1 kind of guy, I keep many things to myself.

• Just keep it to my self and take care of her while carefully examining her whether she's the one for me.

This is not a matter to put on loudspeakers. Maximum if anyone should know, it would be parents cause they have been there in life.

• I would go with option 3. Option one sounds nice as well. But I see no point in announcing it. If I'm with a woman for 6 months, then sure, I guess I should make it public.

• I tell my close friends

• Telling everyone could be disastrous. What happens if you tell a bunch of people and after it doesn't work out, you have to go through the difficult process of explaining to a bunch of people? Also, it is more like if they don't ask, there is no reason to tell, and most people don't ask this question. Also, in traditional cultures, it is better to play it safe with parents and communities. You don't want them to find out and think that you're rushing it or anything. I'm Chinese.

• I have no idea what I'd do if I were Russian, but I would like to meet a smoking hot Russian babe on a beach vacation! :P

• I am more of a one and 3 guy. No way I am 2. I definitely wouldn't tell a lot of people that I have a girlfriend for quite a while. I may be excited, but I think telling people won't make things better... It may make things worse. Maybe I am a little over thinking, but I just don't feel comfortable telling people, especially not too soon.

• im ugly I never and will never have a relationship with a female

• I like to be honest and open and never hide anything from anyone regardless of the situation

• before my recent relationship ended I would always choose to act the way you described in number 2...now after what has happened I would most likely choose one and maybe eventually 3.

It sucks to introduce your SO to people close to you and have to deal with the questions and headaches I'm dealing with now after a breakup. even when I go out to have fun or meet up frends...theres always someone I haven't seen in a while asking me how she's doing... kills my mood . my advice is for you to go with option one or 3... until its been at least a year...

What Girls Said 0