What to do after messing up in high school?

Honestly, I was never a bad student, nor was I a good student... I have mostly B's, but while going through high school for 3 1/2 years my family was heavily burdened by twin baby girls and their other 2 siblings. Not only that my grandmother was diagnosed with and passed away from cancer. My grades really suffered within my sophomore and junior year because of just not being in school emotionally and physically.

During this year (my junior year) I've switched schools twice, because of moving... well, because I'm an inter-district transfer I had more credits going into my new school, so now I can graduate a year early. That looks good for college I guess, but my gpa has fallen below 3.0, because of not passing the second half of both geometry and Japanese and getting a D in the first half in honors 10 English, Ap English 11 and French.

I'm not sure what to do now :/ I want to go to school, but I seem to have messed up my chances. Honestly, I've wanted to go into the science field, but I'm not good with math, my grades are crap... I'm doomed if anything else to be worrthless in this world now.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• My grades were crap during high school too, for many reasons, some similar to yours. I went to community college for a couple of years after high school and got my grades (and confidence) up. Ended up transferring to a university and ultimately earned bachelors and masters degrees. Looking back, my high school grades / experience meant very little, if anything.

My advice is don't worry about the past. Nothing has been lost. What lies before you is what's important. Make the best of it and one day you'll look back and wonder why you ever worried about high school at all. Seriously.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 1

• go to a college to start. maybe not one you really wanted to go but one where you can suceed. Perhaps a local university or whatever. Do really well for a year or two and then transfer to a bigger school.

Trust me you are not doomed and you are not set on a worthless path. Trust me

I'm 31 years old and the one thing I can say with 100% confidence, as someone who graduated with a 4.0 and never missed a day of high school, is that teens often times overly stress themselves over their high school work. I know kids who were top 1% and they're heroine addicts now or work in construction (not knocking constuction at all), while I know kids who did alright (2.5-3.0) and are doctors, lawyers, finance, etc. Get into a college kick its a** for a year or two and if you want transfer to a better one

What Girls Said 1

• You go to community college for a few years, to get your grades up and then transfer to university or a better college. I don't know where you live, but with where I live they only look at your top 4 grade 12 academic marks, and for early acceptance, they look at your grade 11 marks too. Anything before that doesn't really matter.