When you meet a girl and she says she's a feminist, what thought first comes to mind?

731

Most Helpful Guy

• The term feminist means very different things to different people. Most women that run around calling themselves feminists are sexist, and have huge issues with men. Most women that want equality don't need to run around telling everyone they are a feminist. When a woman walks up to a guy and tells him she is a feminist, it sounds more like a declaration of war.

If the first thing a women did was tell me she is a feminist, I would think that she is sexist or very uneducated as to the facts of how sexism hurts both genders equally, but in different ways. I am all for equality, but most women that I have met that have called themselves a feminist just have a sense of entitlement, to force men to give women an advantage. For example taxing men to give money for exclusive women's causes, but not feeling that her tax money should ever go to a cause that only helps men.

These feminists are also the first women to hide behind their gender as an excuse. If they screw up at work, they often say something like "Well I guess I am just a typical woman." Then they play dumb so they don't need to accept that they just screwed up. So the men they work with have no respect for these women. Because they are not respected,and they are unable to accept that they have not earned our respect, they convince themselves that men are sexist. When the truth is, we just don't respect individuals that hide behind their gender like it is some kind of shield.

This is the kind of feminist most men encounter, and why we don't like women that call themselves feminists.

What Guys Said 30

• No matter what replies you get here.. you have to stay true to what you believe in .. what is important for you is that you do not delete your character for anybody.. in the same time.. remember that you will pay the price if you vilify a gender .. the most unattractive trait is bitterness.. there rae very few men who are willing to live with constant daily bitterness.. don't brand year self as a feminist or anti feminist.. just stand for yourself and what you believe in . Without branding yourself.

If a lady would tell me she is a feminist , I will be a concerned .. but it doesn't meen I will stop dating her we will get to know each other .. I am a considerate person by nature ..and I believe that women and men have equal worth , their input is equally valuable.. but in my experience really and from my female friends.. and I say this honestly .i have seen this always go to the equation of ''' I am a feminist when it benefits me and I am not when it doesn't benefit me ''.

I am not encouraging you not to be a feminist, I am encouraging you to reflect on what you really want and don't want and stick to it .. you will get men who will be compatible with you .. who are they and how many are they ? its all based on your choices and you have to accept consequences for your choices.

I wish you the best

• I'll run for the hills and don't look back.

I knew one fierce one and she was a former coworker...protested for women's rights back in Iran. Props to her for that but stubborn like hell and moody and she constantly flipped out at me when I sometimes compare differences between men and women and calling me a sexist/chauvinistic pig...YEA...didn't really like her. She's very in-your-face when arguing with some men would say something that offended her...had to be right about everything. Thinks she doesn't need any man for anything and yes she was single.

I often thought her feminism and frustration was because a lack of a stable boyfriend (and sex) in her life. HEYO! lol

Thank god she quit or else I would've quit if she stayed. Coincidentally, my office has more women in upper management than men...how ironic! geez...

• She's just a corporate hustelr with her own technique for clawng her way to the top: accusing men who get in her way of being anti-woman, and counting on mindless support from other women, regardless of how badly she behaves, and how much of a terribe power tripper,even towards other women, she really is.

• I respect a woman that can hold her own and take care of her own business. I personally don't like gender roles at all. If she's a strong willed person then there would be less emotional crap that I'd have to deal with. I'm very independent and would like it if a girl wasn't dependent on me for things. I would be concerned if someone just announced that when we first met though..

• I would assume that she is more on the liberal side of politics, which there's nothing wrong with.

I wouldn't automatically judge her though. Some feminists are extreme, radical, dogmatic, but there are other women who identify with feminism that have genuine concerns.

Anti-feminists are going to call me a radical leftists. Feminists are going to call me a chauvinist. I'm not her to please everybody, I'm just here to live my life. I don't care if you judge me or not, but I won't judge you.

• Shes probably going to kill me in my sleep. She'll never be happy if she makes less $ than me. She will hyphenate her last name if married. She does not want equality, she wants superiority.

• How is hyphenating her last name superiority?

• it's not, I was giving a lot of my thoughts at one time. But if a woman didn't want to take my last name, which is traditional, then I would have to question the whole relationship.

• I'm not put off by it, if that's what you mean. I got nothing against them.

• She's not a dating material by all 100% and it's better just to stay the hell away from her altogether

• man hating hypocrate...i bet that she hates that men make more, however she wants guys to do all of the work, pay for dates and etc.

• The character Miranda in "Sex in the City"

Personally speaking, Respect is given trust is earned. If I have to "Earn" your respect I am more than likely not want to trust you.

• A possessive loud mouth, that's what comes to mind. And I wouldn't waste my valuable time with such a waste in the first place.

• That she's overwhelmingly likely to be a ball busting hypocrit.

• She does not like men

• That I should validate if she's a rationalist.

• TWAT

• irrational and hypocritical. I also think I probably should limit what I say to strictly business around them or else I could loose my job

• That she's probably a man-hating, irrational, authoritarian collectivist.

• Not a single reply from the QA to any of the responses?

What is your view of feminism, QA? What are your thoughts on the responses here?

• u think she's the feminist in question huh? me to lol...

• Sooooo why are you pink?

• just to see how people respond to me. kinda cool

• feminism is anti man and anti family. I hate it.

• "I want an equal, and she's declared herself better than me. Keep on walking baby".

She can certainly go off thinking whatever she wants. The most important thing is that she leaves, and I don't have to put up with it. ;)

• First, what made her a feminist? 2nd, if looks good, do not be interested. If she invites you over you over to her house don't step on anything or touch anything that might lead to a trap door opening in the floor

• AWESOME! She can work in the kitchen, AND work a day job!

• In this day and age, a woman who identifies herself as a feminist has serious issues. Now, everyone has issues to some degree, but this woman has them by choice and by her view of the world and is someone I want absolutely nothing to do with.

• That I'll be avoiding her from here on out

• That she's the kind of girl who only or mainly focuses on things that women are supposed to focus on based on our culture and society.

• Joy. So you think there's nothing a man can do better than a woman, though probably a million things women do better than men. Pardon me, I'll go talk to an actual girl.

• Suppress the urge to eye-roll!

• Hate men in general and the way they act.

answer my question please? link

• 1. Doesn't shave

2. Hates men absolutely

3. No bras allowed

4. Public nudity is the only way to fully liberate women.

5. Everything is mysogynistic

• actually, I'm cool with 3 and 4. but one is a concern.

• Yeah, you'd think it would be great but then hair everywhere. What a nightmare! ha ha :-)

• That she's an inconsiderate b****

What Girls Said 7

• If she feels the need to declare herself a feminist as soon as you meet, then she's probably a radical. She's probably one of those feminazi's who are for female domination rather than equality, anti-porn and pro-censorship. Small chance she's a humanist if she declares it at the first meeting.

• If a woman automatically feels the need to declare herself a feminist when initially meeting, it's obvious she's a radical or looney one whose world probably revolves around the 'first world problems' of women in America

If she later on mentions that she is a feminist, I think that's OK. But to just throw it out there is weird.

• That she's going to start criticizing me for wearing dresses and makeup and shaving my legs and wanting to take my future husband's last name and liking romantic stuff and heroic male characters in fiction.

But the again, if I meet an anti-feminist I'm going to assume that she'll criticize me for going to college for a career rather than to meet a guy and for wanting to work and have kids and for spending my Saturdays at laser tag rather than shopping.

Can't I just do what I want without people bothering me? Feminism /should/ be about allowing women to do whatever they want with their lives whether you agree with it or not. Unfortunately that is not the case.

• Feminists are a joke and make the rest of us women look like were ALL pathetic. It went from women being 'equal' to women now tearing men down and thinking they can do everything better, which is def not true. Its quite annoying. Power = corruption and that is what has been happening, gave one man hater power and now its backfiring.

• Women that say they're feminist usually aren't. Just annoying b*tches.

• "Do you pay on dates?"

:-P haha!

• she ruins it for women who actually want to be treated like women

• I've heard stories about women starting to curse and lash out to men only because they held the doors open for them - that they "treat them like infants", saying "I can open the f***ing door myself!" ...WHAT WENT WRONG?

• true Anon, def ruining it for the rest of us woman who like respectful hard working men and want to be treated like princesses :)