Do guys like girls with an outgoing personlity?

The type that can be jolly, loud, carefree and nice? My cousin has that exact type of personality, she's a happy go lucky girl, nice and fairly pretty but she says she has never had suitors or has been in a relationship? We're close so we share stuff to one another, she says she's been to a lot of places and been there for a while, but she has never had anyone who would find her interesting, she dances and

she's quite the talented type in our family, so I guess that woud be a plus factor for guys to get attracted to? She however, is on the the heavy side.. But not big enough to be called obese, just chubby I guess? Hohoho sooo.. What do you guys think?

114

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, most guys like girls who are positive and outgoing.

Many guys won't date heavier girls, though. I'm not saying it's right or justified, just that it's true. With some guys, it's just their preference, and other guys will tell you that girls tend to gain weight in relationships and just over time in general, so a girl who is big to start with isn't likely to improve, or even stay the same.

Some of this depends on how big she is and how she carries the weight. Some girls are heavier than average, but they carry the weight in all the right places (boobs, butt, hips) and still have fairly thin waists, flat stomachs, and small upper arms and thighs. Other girls have weight that goes to their waist, thighs, upper arms, etc. and aren't going to be seen as being as attractive. That's the cold, hard truth.

It may not be the weight, though. Maybe she just doesn't put herself out there in a romantic/sexual way. Most guys fear asking girls out, and only approach them AFTER the girl has flirted with them and shown some sexual/romantic interest in him, so he knows that she's likely to accept his request. If your cousin doesn't flirt with guys, or return those signals when guys DO show her some attention, she's going to wait a long time before guys ask her. She has her roll to play in the game, just as he does.

What Guys Said 13

• I believe Never change for anyone. Continue to be who you are. You are what makes YOU, "YOU"! Guys are not going to change the way they are for you. So, why change your beautiful self. If a guy can't take who you are and love you for "ALL" of who you are...then you don't need him. He not the right one!

The right one will say when he is asked, "My girl is so funny and silly she keeps me on my toes and its never a boring minute! If you turn into a shy person...you are underestimating yourself! And you will not be happy on the inside because you'll be suppressing who you really are and that's not fair!

^_^

• I'd be attracted to her.

I like a girl that isn't going to mince words with me, or worry about hurting my feelings.

Mostly because that's how I am. But also partly because I think that if you have to TRY not to hurt people you're on the wrong track. It should be unthinkable, something you wouldn't do even in a moment of anger.

Which is one of the most important parts of a relationship to me.

The reason a girl like this might not get approached I think is that

1) It's intimidating

2) She doesn't seem approachable (this one is so intangible but when you see a girl, everything about her, her expression, style, posture, adds up and can usually tell you with some degree of accuracy if a girl I going to shoot you down.)

The way I think for a girl like that to get a date is to ask. Because any guy that likes her is going to assume that she is forward enough to ask someone out if she's interested, and if she hasn't, that must mean she's not interested. So no point in asking her out.

See what I'm getting at? IF you're going to be a fireball, you can't do it half way. You have to be a free spirit wholly. Ask people out, and make friends. You can't look confident and then be a mouse on the things that matter

• It doesn't matter what a girl's personality is like, if she's not crazy. If she's good-looking, she'll have no problem finding a guy. I can't say if it's a plus because guys have all sorts of preferences.

• I prefer women who are outgoing. It's much easier to converse with them. I don't mean to put anybody down, but when I talk to shy women it's harder for me. I don't know whether she's interested or just being polite. The pressure is on me to fill the gaps of silence and overall I feel like I have to carry the conversation instead of be part of it 50/50.

As far as her weight, you said she wasn't obese, so that's not a problem. I like women of many different body types. I've been very attracted to women (who people would likely call fat) before.

I'll take a size 18 girl whose very outgoing over a size 4 girl who is too shy to have a conversation with me.

• The answer to your question will vary as it would if women were asked a similar question regarding men.

However personally speaking. I don't particularly like the super talkative personality types. Give me a woman that can perceive silence as peacefulness rather than awkwardness.

I know a lot of women like to talk and that is fine with me. However I am the kind of guy that will just stop listening actively to your seemingly random off the wall rant.

• Depends on your definition. If she's the girl that doesn't hide inside of her own little psychological fortress but would rather go out and meet people around her and such - then yeah - sounds like a really fantastic girl. But if by 'outgoing' you actually try to say skanky and slutty then I'd just turn her around and flee her away.

• It Depends on the Personality. Outgoing an down to earth is awesome, but some girls idea of outgoing is being Bitchy.

Like I said it Depends on the Personality.

• yeah I'm attracted to outgoing girls. but I tend to be drawn to more quiet or introverted girls. I'm quite outgoing myself so I think its really cute when a girl is shy and quiet.

the outgoing ones are usually bitchier too. girls talk a lot in general so when you get to know a shy girl she too will be "outgoing" when talking to you. I could only imagine what being in a relationship with an outgoing girl is like

• Outgoing people in general are the ideal. Personally, outgoing people balance me out because I'm more reserved and analytical.

• I have dated chubby girls with outgoing personalities, and enjoyed them. :)

• Not to loud or carefree all the time, but mostly outgoing yes.

• I'm not a fan of extroverted women. I prefer the quieter, calmer, and more collected ladies. In other words, I prefer the librarian type, not the outdoorsy, sportsy kind.

Her heaviness definitely is a detrimental factor in finding suitors.

• Yep.

What Girls Said 1

• (Sigh) I hate to tell you the truth, but here it is. Her lack of suiters is not due to her outgoing personality, it's due to what she looks like, and based on you being her cousin and you telling her that she's chubby, I got a pretty good idea on what she looks like. So in a guys perspective (in general), she's not that hot/attractive enough. Guys are visual creatures, they want to see something that's attractive in their eyes, not their heart and/or ears, but there are few exceptions, but unfortunately she's not hot in a guys eyes. But, there are guys out there that would like her for her personality. She just has to keep looking.