Why do girls always say "I'm fine" when they're not?

Why don't they ever wanna tell you what's bothering them? I can never tell if this girl is fine or not, it's seriously aggravating. Then I apparently make things worse assuming things are wrong and try to help her. It's really selfish of girls, I try to help her and she shoves it in my face and gets mad at me.

162

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes girls don't want help. They just want to stew about it for a bit and get over it on their own, or just want someone to listen. That's hard for guys because they don't like seeing women they care about in pain.

• Yes exactly. And it's hard because I worry about what she puts in her head when I leave her alone. She could be thinking things in a whole different way and make the situation worse in her head. That's the part that worries me the most. I just have to trust she's handling what she's handling okay.

• I find that women just want people to listen to them instead of fixing their own problems or at least they do but they take their delicious damn time with it. As a guy, I see things more like "I've got X problem? OK I will do Y in order to fix it" I don't need anyone to listen to me, although it can help to vent sometimes. It depends. But a guy like me is more result focused whereas women in general, in my experience, are focused on the negative experience itself. Which is kinda weird. lol

• Also, I went through enough negative sh*t already in my short life, Why waste time feeling bad or using your energy on things that get you no where or that makes you feel bad or that will make your life more miserable. Like feeling bad for kids in africa? F***em. It's sad and unfortunate but that's life. Life isn't rainbows and sunshine. I know this for a fact. So I look for answers. I fix things that need fixing. But never ever help a girl out with her problems lol. Girls are weird ha ha :p