Can I get a free replacement on my iPhone?

Hello everyone. Quick question. I bought a iPhone 4S like last October. It was all good and all but now my power button isn't really working. I have to press it so hard just to turn on/off the screen. I've never dropped the phone, or anything. It still looks new so I don't think I did anything to cause the button problem. Since I'm still under the one year factory limited warranty (I think that's what's they called it...not the apple care stuff), can I take it to Apple Store and get a free replacement?

I don't want to pay for a new one! I live in NYC, so does anyone know if there's a particular apple store in NY that would be a big help to me.

Thank you.

Or if not a free replacement, can the button be fixed for free if I go to the apple store?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Typically speaking, an iPhone, and most phones for that matter come with a one year warranty from the manufacturer. It's been over a year since you've purchased it so that's out the window. You can take it to apple and ask, they may be willing to do something,

• It hasn't been a year yet. I purchased it on October 2012, about 6 months ago. But alright, I'll go and see what they will do for me.

• My apologies, I was thinking 2011. Yes, if it has been 6 months they will send you a replacement. I know for a fact Verizon does this. I was having an issue with my speaker so they sent me a brand new one, no questions asked.

What Guys Said 2

• If your still under warranty they will fix the phone for you, or if they can't fix the problem, they will get you a new one.

• My iPod touch broke within the year warrenty And I went to an apple store and they gave me a brand new one.

What Girls Said 1

• You can send it in but you probably won't get a new one. If you send it in they'll probably just fix the button and you have to pay for it.