I have two sides, an atheist one and one which believes in god is this possible?

Anyone else feels the same? One of my sides say there is no sense of god, and the other one says there is no sense without god, what to do to remove one of those sides in my life? Is this happening to anyone else? That's very confusing, by the way I want to get rid of my atheist side :(

413

Most Helpful Girl

• Same here. maybe because I started watching the arguments between atheists and religious people. However, my religious side is stronger because at least in my religion I find answers to feed my curiosity and some of my questions, if I read about it. While atheism makes me feel like a lost person in a world full of mysteries. I think you, just like me, stopped learning about your religion and neglected it, you need to read more about it, go to some people who have a good knowledge in it, not those fellas who pretend to know it all. Talk with them about what you feel. I am sure with a lot of reading, research and thinking, you would be able to get rid of one of your 2 sides.

• I watch a video how earth is created, it makes sense that there isn't a god, but and it doesn't make sense in the same time, how all this beauty without nothing. Just very interesting :) I feel the same on atheisim as you by the way.

• Yes it makes sense when you watch such videos, but at the same time they don't prove the absence of god. My religious side is stronger because of this, there are many things that science can explain, but this couldn't disprove the existence of god yet. While there are many other phenomenon and accurate processes which make you think the world must have some high power to keep it organized, even a small company wouldn't last for a day without a manager or an organizer.

What Girls Said 3

• There are a lot of people like that. You're just agnostic, which means you're unsure about the existence of God and that's okay. It's a logical way to be. Just embrace both possibilities and accept the fact that you will never really know for sure.

• Yes, I flip between deist-agnostic and atheist. I miss the security of believing in God sometimes. It's scary to think that there may be no afterlife or I really will burn in fire for eternity for ignoring people I find irrational. Oh well.

• Deist-agnostic? What's that?

You're not going to burn in fire.

My religion doesn't have anything like that. I guess (some) Buddhists are more down-to-earth.

• I am not scared if there is no afterlife, I don't care for afterlife, I am scared if there is :D

• Www.deism.com . I think there may be a "God" like that, but I flip between thinking it's real or not. Other days I feel totally atheist.

• If you aren't sure or are indifferent, then it simply means you're agnostic. But if you believe to both extremes, I'm not sure what to tell you. I've never heard of that.

What Guys Said 13

• Religion = organised man-made mess

Evolution = overwhelming evidence for.

These two don't necessarily preclude a spiritual realm. Point is, if you want liberation, then don't rely on other people. Because they will just abuse you, as has been the case with every religion, and every person attached to any doctrine, be it scientific or religious. Something interesting might reveal itself if you let any psychological attachment to any doctrine, notion, person or thing, fall away...

There's a Daoist quote which goes something like, 'there is no dichotomy, only coming and going'. I might not be strictly capturing its essence, since there's different ways you can interpret it, in fact, I prefer another interpretation, but: if you observe, people feel the need to set themselves up in diametrically opposed camps, then attack the other side, when often, the reality is a little more hazy. Is it really so bad to say, I don't know?

• I've read volumes on the subject, as I'm one of those people who needs to see rational truth in order to embrace any single fact, and most especially a religion. I don't know your background, but a good mainstream book to start with is "The Case For Christ" by Lee Stroebel. He is a former Legal Editor for the Chicago Times and a former Atheist. He also holds degrees in both Law and Journalism. Check it out.

• I'm not christ so this doesn't work for me, islam or nothing ::)

• Say what?

• You're going to be very confused. Fine your religion and immerse yourself in it. Find something real to believe in. I know I wouldn't be able to handle it if I half-doubted my religion.

• That sounds more like an agnostic to me. Have you talked with a priest/pastor/minister at all? What have you done to, as you said, "get rid of" your atheist side?

• I haven't but I am sure it won't change anything, my brain is made this way, I have my reasons to not believe and believe and this is so sucks, maybe I believe because I am scared if there is god I am f***ed up really bad :(

• Send me a friend request and we can chat some.

• Its impossible, two completely contradicting things. You can't deny existence of a higher being yet at the same time acknowledge it. Probably the better position be you're Agnostic.

• Why not just be agnostic?

• what is this? ;)

• thank you

• your welcome.

• A phenomenon known as doublethink.

• your believe is too weak. and you through the hard term. I understand you. I think you let it to time. you will get rid of your opinions.

• yea, by the way I'm Turk too, that's why I feel bad for being not sure.

• Why get rid of your atheist side? It only makes sense.

What "God" would let 20 children get shot and murdered in their kindergarten classroom?

• When I think things like that I feel the same, what did those kids did to deserve that :(

• I think it's between it is benefical and the otherwise around, you might spend all your life for nothing, the bad thing is if you don't do you might feel so much regret afterward but won't help.

• That's very true. But it's very beneficial in regards to having a strong social foundation, purpose, helps prevent suicide, various crimes, and contributes to overall happiness. Humans need guidelines to live by. With that being said, I still don't believe in it, but its benefits are there.

• If you still believe in god, you're not an atheist.

• I felt this way. I read the Bible. (Im assuming you are speaking of christianity and not islam) Anyway, if its something you're seriously wondering about you should read it. It amazes me how many people are Christians and have not read the Bible, and how many people talk bad about Christianity and have not read the Bible lol. either way, its a truly inspiring book, and one that a person can learn so much from.

• Atheism is about logic and reason while religion is about illogical faith.

You have to choose whether to follow your heart or your brain.

• Horsesh*t. Get educated before you start blabbering. I know brilliant and rational religious people, and ignorant and irrational atheists.

• Here's the point, dumbass...if you use your brain (quite questionable for you), you cannot accept religion without a leap of faith. That doesn't mean there aren't some brilliant people who decide to make that leap, but it's still based on faith, not logic and reason. Get it, or do you need me to draw it for you?

• It is nice to have faith and many people have common sense. It is not always the best mix but it happens to many.