What do girls consider fat?

I have a bad body image. I am close to 22 years old. About 5'10 and around 190 with a 39 inch waist. I wear some small/medium shirts and 38inch pants.

I read on the internet pants lie to you so I measured my waist and found out I as 39.5. That made me feel like crap.

I have lost some weight and can't loose anymore. I just stick to the gym so I can maintain and even tone however I am not muscular. I go to the gym 4-6 times a week depending on my work schedule.

My brand new scale says I have 23% body fat, no idea if this is good or not.

Do girls consider this fat? I know most are shallow which depresses me

51

Most Helpful Girl

• It really depends on the girl.

Most PEOPLE are shallow to some degree. We're hardwired for it. I struggle with the same feelings about men -- just so you don't feel alienated or that women are horrid creatures. Even babies look at attractive people longer. :S

You don't really sound grossly overweight, though. Different girls prefer different body types, as well. I have some friend who like meaty guys, some who prefer muscular guys, some who prefer trim guys. The thing is ... you have to evaluate what your real values are in a mate, as well.

If you want to date the girl who spends an hour on cardio and thirty minutes sculpting her butt a day ... she's probably going to want to be with a guy who is concerned with measuring his biceps weekly and going for that six pack. It's not just that they both are optimally attractive ... but that they both value discipline, appearance, etc to an extreme that is beyond average.

Now, if you are looking for a girl who is somewhat fit and trying to balance staying healthy and looking decent with a full, busy life (what it sounds like you're doing). They are everywhere.

As far as your negative thinking, you might invest in learning some positive thinking skills, meditation, mindfulness, etc. Being positive is always a good investment for relationships, work, life.

What Girls Said 4

• You're a perfect weight for your height. You're not skinny and you're not fat. You're in between.

• I would not consider you fat, I don't think. Then again if you were fat and also awesome, I would consider that a "win". However I'm probably shallow, so who cares what I think?

• not fat. husky maybe. but that's a good thing

• I don't think that's fat, your body fat percentage seems average. It's hard to go by weight because it depends how you carry it. I can dig guys with a bigger frame or who weigh more because of muscle and not a beer gut.

What Guys Said 1

• Thats kinda chunky you definitely don't have a six pack use the bmi test it can be pretty inaccurate but it is good osmetiems either way 23 percent is high