Santa Claus, at what age you stopped believing in its existence?

so christian children at youngest ages are told by their parents that santa claus will come to them and offer them presents.but when growing up at a certain age everyone discovers that it's untrue,so at what age you realized that santa claus doesn't exist.

remark:this is not bashing christianity.

3516

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it has anything to do with Christianity. Kids of all religions and non-religions grow up believing in Santa. My best friend is Hindu and her little sister believes in Santa. It's a cultural thing, not a religious thing.

That aside, I don't actually remember believing in Santa. I know I did, but I know I rationalized it way earlier than I admitted to my parents. I figured it out pretty young because in the movies the parents never believed in Santa and it only made sense that they'd know for sure because it was either Santa or them putting out the presents so I dismissed the Santa thing at a very young age. I didn't tell my parents I didn't believe in Santa until I was about 10 because I was afraid that they'd give me less presents than my brothers if they knew I'd stopped believing. Though I do remember one time in like first grade I shared my reasoning with some of the other kids in class and I made them cry and I got sent to the office and I begged the secretary not to tell my parents what I said because I still wanted presents and she must have thought it was cute so she didn't end up telling and just sent me back to class.

• in my culture children are not raised up believing in santa.

What Girls Said 34

• I don't remember how old I was when I realized he wasn't real. But I went along with it for as long as I could because it meant more gifts hahaha. Santa's gifts + family's gifts. At least that's how I looked at it as a kid.

• I was raced atheist so I always knew he wasn't real... but exposure to religious media led me to want to believe in his existence in my early teens. So today I like to think he's sitting up there in the north pole drinking spiked eggnog and yelling at his midget minions.

• I was 8 and my brother & I left cookies for Santa but when I went to get lunch on Christmas morning I found my box of honey barbeque wings from KFC was on the counter along with a can of like muscle milk. Needless to say I was pissed but that's when I figured out Santa wasn't real. Haha

• Santa Claus died the summer before I turned 9.

• I think I was 8.
    I woke up and found my mom wrapping up presents.
    I was like, "Mom, you're Santa?"
    She said nothing.
    haha

• I am not Christan and neither are my parents (one is atheist and the other is Wiccan), but I believed in Santa until third grade.

• Like 11

• I was 6 or 7

• Like 5/6 lol

• STFU and stop lying, Santa is real

• I stopped believing in Santa at 4 because I wanted a pupguin (puppy mixed with penguin) and I never got it, all I got was barbie dolls and clothes. I threw my barbies and threw a fit because I want a pupguin

• 11 or 12... lol

• 12 I was crushed. I balled for two whole days. And told my mom I would never trust another thing she said because she made a liar out of me. Because I always defended Santa at school.

• I didn't believe in him at a really early age...
    I walked into the living room finding my parents wrapping gifts.

• My parents never told me he wasn't real because I had a little sister and they knew if I found out so would she. I found out when I woke up to pee and saw my parents putting stuff by the tree, and they played dumb when I called them out. I was 8

• About 5/6

• 10... lol

• I was 9 years old!

• Santa claws who? Your uncle?

• I never believed.

• Age 8 my dad had to open his big mouth by saying "There is no santa kids go to sleep"

• You telling me he made up ? ;-(and a secönd ago

• 13 or 14

• 9. Saw my mom putting stuff under the tree.

• Probabaly 5 or 6

• Like age 10 lol

• 12.

• 9. I was 9 after I pulled off the beard of the Santa at the mall.

• Honestly, I was thirteen. Lol

• I think I was pretty young, but I don't remember the exact age. My parents friends broke the news to me. Bastards

• More from Girls
    4

What Guys Said 16

• Actually funnily enough santa did exist but not modern generic interpretation of him. The modern idea of Santa was a 18th century secularization of Saint Nicholas the Bishop in the late 3rd Century in Greece. He came from a well off family and would donate all his money to helping poor families...However, the idea of the Santa we recognise today despite the fact is based on the historic saint, is a misrepresentation of the true man that did exist.

I am Catholic and I never believed in santa as a child, but I believe in st nicholas now as an adult

• Although my father was raised in the Catholic faith and my mom was raised Greek Orthodox my sister and I weren't raised with any religious beliefs (I was baptized in the Catholic tradition though). We still celebrated all the holidays whether you deem them religious or not. I don't remember what age I was but I do remember finding the presents in our basement. At first I felt so confused but then I felt completely betrayed by my parents and realized for the first time that they are human beings just like I am. I immediately told my sister even though my parents asked me not to. I felt it was horrible to be lied to about such a thing. It wasn't until I got a little older when I realized how unlikely such a being as Santa Claus was. It was maybe a couple of years later that my dad decided the family would stop celebrating Easter since he claimed we weren't a religious family which annoyed me because I loved the Easter egg hunts! :)

Anyway that's my story ;)

• You wrecked Christmas for him, why should he do Easter for you? lol

• I never thought about it like that... Thanks for sharing that perspective.

• Never believed in him to be honest.

My parents are Asian, Muslims, so I wasn't really raised in a family which celebrated Christmas.

I am not religious, but I'm still unsure what Santa and all these ridiculously expensive gifts are to do with the original meaning of Christmas...

MD5.

• I have to correct you on something Santa clause doesn't have anything to do with Christianity pretty much every major country in the world had their own version of Santa clause. And he was actually a real person he was a toy maker who snuck into orphanages and put toys there so the kids could have presents on Christmas.

• I was 8. Found my Christmas presents under my parents bed. It was like a bomb going off in my skull, and I was like "Of course it's all made up! It never made a lick of sense!"

• I never believed in Santa Claus at all, even when my mom told me about it. I was a smart lad before :)

• I never believed in Santa Claus haha. I was SPOILED when I was growing up, so Christmas was just a chance to get more of what I wanted, faster (if that makes sense). My mom and dad made it pretty obvious who/where the gifts came from.

• im jewish, so...

• Never believed he was real or fake. I cared about the presents more...

• Can't remember, probably around the 5th grade.

• I was 7 or 8 - I had gotten a Sega Genesis System for Christmas, and I noticed there was still a Best Buy price tag on it...

• When I turned 7.

• I still believe dammit! ;(

• Santa Claus is real and so is Slash.

• what are you talking about I am santa

• When I was 3 years og age.