I feel like I might have insulted her, even if it was supposed to be in a jokey way?

We've been flirting, etc but I feel like I may have been a bit insulting, even though I was trying to be playful/joking. Hoping she hasn't taken it the wrong way, but it's not something I'd ever ask.

Part way through the conversation on Facebook inbox (we only really sent a couple of messages a day)

me - So how much trouble you been up to?

her - me? trouble? never

me - I bet it’s secretly your middle name..

her - it's not

me - maybe I should become a detective, see whether you're lying! (me a day after)

her - my middle name is margaret hahaha (her a day after mine)

me - I thought it was 'beautiful?' Damn, time to quit that detective career of mine :/ Gonna start calling you maggie

her - I'd rather you didn't like

me - Okay maggie.. woops :)

her - not talking to you

me - How long can you keep that up for? (me a day after)

I get no reply, although two days after she replies to my tweet about her favorite drink saying "possibly the best thing you've ever said". I decided to match her effort by not replying.

Two days after that:

me - Heard you are setting a world record for ‘most silent person’, is it true?

her - I'm proving a point

me - You're a bit useless at proving this point, try again

I didn't get a reply, but that could be because I said "try again" and I encouraged her to be silent. Not sure if I am over thinking it, but it's that last line I say. I feel like I might have pushed it a bit and was insulting.

Also, not sure if she was being playful or off with me. Only times she hasn't replied are when I've "encouraged" her to be silent. Should a re-initiate again in a few days, or wait for her to?

Conversation prior to that was:

me - Hmm, that description does seem familiar.. depends on if this girl will accept my add though? I've forgotten where this delete button is x

her - that might save you from getting in to trouble in future x

me - Depends on what sort of trouble it is.. whether Facebook will allow me to add such a pretty name like hers back x

her - I guess you'll just have to wait and see x

21

Most Helpful Girl

• She seems like she's got you on a hook and playing you. Right now she expects you to do exactly what you're thinking and you probably should if you want her. But it doesn't mean she's right. I kept reading till the end to see this insult but I didn't find any. What gives? She thinks you'll run to her again, in your case write her. I'm not sure that's good for you. But if you really really like you have to go with it...I don't know her, maybe she would write you first, maybe not. But it's best you do, to show her your interest AGAIN. But if you do, beware of her trying to manipulate you in ways to run after her. This is trouble only for you and fun for her even if she likes you as much as you like her.

• The "useless" bit. What you say is wise, how should I talk to her again? I was thinking "Made your point! I’ll stop calling you that name you hate, I apologize :)" then talk about something else, or should I just forget about the whole thing and pretend it didn't happen and talk about something else?

What Girls Said 1

• That's exactly my point! If you don't see it...It's not bad to run after someone but it's best you know you're doing it. And I don't say this in any bad way. I think you should meet and hang out, but seriously, try to realize it and let her think she's in control but be in control. I like your style by the way - cheesy, but elegant ... keep it up!

• So I'm thinking if she replies with couple of word/short answers, that I should do the same? Like match her interest levels

What Guys Said 1

• Dude, I don't think you insulted her.. She just really doesn't sound interested. Like not at all. I don't see any flirting or excitement or anything from her. I'd move on to a different girl and try these conversations in person rather then on Facebook.

• Conversation prior to that was:

• Hmm is what I thought. Although before she fell out with me after I deleted her (wrong thing to do) we were flirtatious with each other. I dunno, I'll give it one last try and match her interest levels, short answers for short answers. If she doesn't reply in future, I'll give it a week or two, then probably just de-activate my social accounts and focus more on real life ( I rely too much on them). If she wants to contact me, she has my number (if she still does)

• Yeah nothing wrong with giving it a shot. Like I said, I've been there before. Sometimes its best to just move on and let them make the moves. If they do, they have at least some interest. If not, you're already moved on anyway.