How do I go about liking a taken girl?

I've fallen for a taken girl. I'm going to say that to begin with but let me tell you how. At the end of softmore year of high school, I'd made some friends after moving to a new school a year earlier. I decided it's time to look for a friend who was more than a friend, a girlfriend. I found a girl in one of classes but she was taken for almost a year and half, but I thought "Hey, I'm probably going to fail at this anyways, why not do a destined failure with a girl I'm kind of interested in." So I started talking with her and eventually got her number in the summer. We started talking more and hanging out and I started becoming more infatuated and allowed myself to because "Her boyfriend and her don't seem to be even dating, of all the occasions I've hung out with her, he's been there like twice plus he's really quiet and just shy. It's basically a dead relationship that kept going since neither wanted to call it off." So I kept hanging out with her but realized that I didn't have it in me to have her relationship end so I could date her, since her boyfriend was a good guy and I didn't want to hurt her. Then I just started being friends with her but still liking her and went after other girls, single ones this time. I failed numerous times but always had this girl to fall back on. Every time I went back to her, when I was down from my failure. Then finally after a horrible failure 5 months ago, I took a break from girls and tried to just do my own thing. I hated it, I felt empty and purposeless as if I just spent every day doing nothing. Then junior year ended and I hung out with the girl again and I felt all my feelings resurface, and realized I truly wanted a chance with this girl. This was more than a crush for I had gone after other girls but this one had been a constant through it all. I started texting her and flirting with her a lot more. I hung out with her more often again, late night hangouts with just us two. But after a kind of failed hangout between the two of us two weeks ago, I started thinking maybe she doesn't like me. I could never be sure since she was/is taken but I always felt we were connected, we'd even been asked if we were dating once, and friends told me we were couple-y together. I realized I still am not able to have her relationship end so I can date her, but since her boyfriend graduated this year he'll be headed off to college, I might get my chance. All I want is to know if she likes me and how I increase my chances. I know it's wrong liking a taken girl but I know I won't cross the line, but I do need to feel a connection with her. Our hangouts and texting will suffice for now as long as I can do something with an intimate feel to it occasionally. Telling me to give up isn't going to work either, I know how I feel and want to see if she feels the same way, when she can.
How do I go about liking a taken girl?
Add Opinion