I am Not an Animal Person, But I am No Monster!

Before you all charge towards me with arguments, nuclear bombs, disgusting looks and quotes like "oh-I-dont-trust-people-who-dont-like-animals". Hear me out. Let me make few things clear first.

1. I don't hate them. I would just not prefer them in my house

2. I like cats, but doesn't mean I would be keen on getting one 24x7

Now why I am not into pets

Pets, especially cats and puppies are cute but I wouldn't want them in my home all the time.

1. Hygiene Concerns

I am a clean freak. Whenever I hear the word 'pet' these things come to my mind- pet hair, peculiar pet smell, scratches on furniture, their slime dripping everywhere.....ugh... I would want my home free of these things and I would have to work real hard to keep my house clean than it would take if it were without pets.

2. Priorities

To me, humans always come first. Pets can be a part of family but in my eyes, they will never be equal to humans. Ever. (I'm waiting for people to hate on me uhh)

3. I would rather have a baby

I really love babies. Somehow, in today's society its okay to 'not be a baby person' but is a blasphemy to 'not be an animal person'. Alas! :(

I would invest my time and energy in caring for my own baby than caring for a pet. I think this is natural as it is normal to have affinity towards our own kind.

Stop shaming anyone who doesn't want pets!

SO much generalization, so wow. Proves point number 3. When you search internet for "I don't like pets" many such pics come up. However, when you search for "I don't like babies" many images like this come up.

And I thought it was normal to have affinity toward our own. Smh. Just because I don't want a pet doesn't mean I am an untrustworthy, heartless bitch. It is just my preference to not have any. And that my priorities differ than yours.

It doesn't make you cool to generalize people who aren't pet fans. But hey, if you have cute cat or a puppy, I don't mind playing with it little 😇

Live and let live!

1936

Most Helpful Guy

• I am totally with you! I am not an animal lover either. I don't believe in torturing animal or being cruel to them. But at the same time, I don't think humans and animals are equivalent. I don't understand people who treat animals like humans or better than humans.

It is just weird to me. But I don't have to like it. And those folks don't have to like me.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I think it's silly to start measuring the value of lives. What are we basing it on?

• @Kkaos No, don't try to change the topic. You say that animal life, human life is all the same. Of course, there aren't many animal rights activists who are confused when it comes to saving chimpanzees or rats. They don't usually rank roaches or worms above rabbits.

I am not saying you can't do you.

I am just injecting a bit of logic as a response to your critique.

• I don't know how I've tried to change the topic.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 35

• I would never date a woman who doesn't like animals, it's essential lol. I just can't trust someone who doesn't love animals. It doesn't matter what they say to justify it, it's just never gonna happen! Sorry!

• Just because someone doesn't love animals, doesn't mean that they are less of a person. That's the point of this take.

• "I am a clean freak. Whenever I hear the word 'pet' these things come to my mind- pet hair, peculiar pet smell, scratches on furniture, their slime dripping everywhere... ugh... I would want my home free of these things and I would have to work real hard to keep my house clean than it would take if it were without pets."

you have obviously never had kids then... kids will shit and piss everywhere and anywhere while they are infants with no regards to anyone or anything.

human infants are absolutely disgusting compared to puppies or kittens.

• I have been around my niece a lot and even cleaned her pee, poop and changed her diaper few times. As I said in my take, I always place higher value on humans than on pets.

Note that,
      - infants don't shed hair
      - them peeing and pooping everywhere is a thing of few years. After that, there's absolutely no problem of it. Not to mention the fact that there are diapers

I don't think human infants are disgusting than puppies or kittens

• I agree with you. People are unnaturally obsessed with pets, especially dogs. It's also hypocritical that most of them are totally fine with eating animals.

• And yeah, I don't dislike animals, but I just don't want to keep them in my house. It's a lot of work to clean up after them and they need a lot of attention to be happy. I'm too much of an introvert to keep up with that.

• Hopefully. Unless u fucked up.

• My dog > Your life.

• Here is the think. Your position, to me, is perfectly understandable. And I have it just like you, except I’m not clean freak and I seriously dislike babies.
    But people…stupid. They draw conclusions from unrelated things. Nuanced position? Nope.

• Lol look here how some people called me sociopath lol

• They did? Damn. I'm sorry, I didn't read the comment section. It's quite time consuming. :-D

• Back when I was on POF, any gal that would start her second paragraph by shaming men who didn't want pets was automatically dismissed. Some of us have allergies.

Also, I'm content that I can keep a single house plant alive, a real one that isn't made of vinyl. Why would I want some warm-blooded animal that makes messes, that can be a liability if I don't feed it at a specific time of day? If I wait till the evening to water my plant, it's usually quite forgiving.

• More from Guys
    30

What Girls Said 19

• And people who don't like kids just have a preference too. What's your point? Don't get an animal then. Not like anyone forces you or expects you to have a pet. Where as society expects you to have kids. Which is bullshit. Humans are a cancer to the planet.

• @Blonde401 Whilst I agree with you 100%, I'm feeling a feistiness off the scale! You all good?

• Since I believe in humanity, I'd just assume that you are just messing with me for lulz

• Yeah cause everything's about the lulz isn't it? Because someone who doesn't agree with you must be trolling right? Because you're so arrogant and narcissistic that nobody could possibly have a different world view from you.

• I 1000% agree with you. I am the same way and people think because I don't like animals that I am some monster that shouldn't exist or at least not be trusted. It's stupid actually. I am very glad to see that I am not alone on this haha.

• If you think humans are above animals then you're wrong. You see animals as beneath you. I don't trust people who don't like animals, yes that's true. My opinion doesn't change either.

• I see humans above animals in the sense that
      - No animal can take place of other human.
      - If there's a situation where I can save either my pet or some other human being only, then I'd save fellow human being.

If you don't trust people who aren't fans of animals, it just tells a lot about your attitude: which is extremely judgmental and unfair. I don't have to love animals to be a better human being. I care more about my fellow humans, that's all.

• Actually yes you do, compassion for animals is a quality of a good human being. Which you lack.

• compassion
      kəmˈpaʃ (ə) n/Submit
      noun
      sympathetic pity and concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others.
      "the victims should be treated with compassion"
      synonyms: pity, sympathy, feeling, fellow feeling, empathy, understanding, care, concern, solicitude, solicitousness, sensitivity, tender-heartedness, soft-heartedness, warm-heartedness, warmth, love, brotherly love, tenderness, gentleness, mercy, mercifulness, leniency, lenience, tolerance, consideration, kindness, humanity, humaneness, kind-heartedness, charity, benevolence
      "she gazed with compassion at the two dejected figures"
      I do care about them. I am all for conservation of biodiversity and whatnot. That doesn't mean that I would bring one in my home to take place of other human being.

• I Don't like pets or animals, because I don't want extra work in my life. I Have kids though, that's enough for me

• You seem indian so you're probably raised in a household that was indian. Most "foreigners" from that region (middle east, asia) don't like animals. They think they're dirty. It's just the way you've been raised.

But if I can't visit you with my dog, we canmt be friends.

• More from Girls
    14