6 Ways Out of Rock Bottom

That’s my first myTake and forgive me my grammar/spelling

We all do sometimes experience the deep darkness of rock bottom. My points are just the way of how I personally handle a situation like this and what is helpful for me. On 7th of August something happened in my life to me, what I don’t want to talk about with the Internet. Let’s just call it “the Situation”. It was for me an awful experience and I hit emotionally and mentally for the second time in my life rock bottom. Later to add to all of that I do now also have financial problems, but actually that’s my lowest concern right now.

1. Let it all out.

I just let all my emotions out, all my sadness and my grief. If I want to feel sorry for myself, then damn I will. My ex-bff told me after “the situation” that it could have been worse and she is totally right. Of course there are even more awful stuff happening but in the end it happened to me and I have every right to be as miserable as I want to be for a short period of time. I don’t know how many break downs I had in the beginning of my Rock Bottom. I just know it took me a few days of just crying and sleeping.

2. Talk about what is bothering you.

Talk about your Situation with people you trust. Tell them what happened that made you feel this bad. What is it that is bothering you? Don’t keep it to yourself, because trust me, then it will kill you from the inside. If you don`t feel like there is someone to talk to, then call a Hotline or seek a psychologist.

3. Suck it up!

Life is not easy, we have to go out and get our happiness, it won’t fall into our hands. You're strong enough to handle whatever is happening. Suck it up and deal with the situation. We can’t change the past. Shit happens and life does go on. We have to move on. Rock Bottom is just a process that will change us as a person. It’s your choice if you want to be a better person or a bitter person.

“Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up.”

You can sit on your couch and be miserable until the end of your days or you can stand up and find your happiness in life and enjoy it, knowing that life isn’t fair and easy but when you do the best of it life is worth to live. Start your life new and don’t stop walking. It’s your life! Don’t let others take control of your own life, you should live it for yourself. At the end of the Day we are alone and we have to trust ourselves that we are able to take care of ourselves. Even in our worst moments, it’s you who decides what will happen with your own life. Decide what you want to do in your life and then work for it!

Know that life goes on and there will be better times!

4. Take care of your appearance.

Take a good shower and Dress yourself nice for yourself. Something comfortable what you like and what makes you feel good about yourself. Just because you feel like shit, doesn’t mean you have to look like shit. Even if I`m just walking around the block or going quickly to the supermarket, I will look good for myself doing it.

5. A fresh start won’t hurt you.

-Change your wardrobe. Throw old pieces you don’t wear out and organize your wardrobe new. If you have the money, go shopping and get a few new pieces!

-Change your decoration in your room/house. It can be something simple like putting a plant from A to B. Trust me even those little changes will make you feel better.

-If necessary change the people in your surroundings. Get the toxic people out or if you think you need space from someone, take this space.

-Start working out or if you`re already working out, change up your routine. Again it could be something simple, like adding one new move or try something new.

6. Set new Goals

It can be a small goal, like keep doing your workout for 3 Days. Doing the Dishes or making that call that you`re avoiding since weeks. Also write down what you want to reach in life. What’s something you want in your life for yourself? What’s your goal in life? Move on and focus on your future. We can’t change the past so we should learn to accept it. Your past is a part of who you are as a person.

Life is full of lessons, we have to do the best of it. And that’s what I want you all to do. Move on and don`t waste your energy for the past, use your energy for yourself and your future.

1124

Most Helpful Guy

• This couldn't have come at a better time

Most Helpful Girl

• For me it's
    1. Talk about it
    2. Journal about it
    3. See a counselor
    4. Read self help books
    5. Save money
    6. Be more thankful

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 23

• "Dont give up. Keep moving forward. You have arms. Legs. Use em. Dont stop" -Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

• Seems the 'rock bottom' part stems from unrealistic expectations. If you don't start out with those in the first place then there's a lot less space to fall to.
    Girls in particular seem to have this whiny failure bullshit, but the weak guys do it too. NEVER GIVE UP.

• Good take!.. I can already see you gettin the editor badge if you keep writing them.. Great tips.. They are helpful for people who will hit rock bottom.. haha..

• emotional rock bottom SEEMS eternal. It is not. The next person you smile at may be the love of your life.
    SMILE!

• Fantastic first Take, I like it 👍

• Suck it up? Are you really serious right now?

• This is a nice take, but you don't seem to know what rock bottom really is. Rock bottom is being homeless, all your friends and family are dead and you have a dangerous gambling problem which is all consuming.

• Ok, maybe not that steep... but i agree. She is only talking about emotional rock bottom.
      Try being at a rock bottom where you have literally no control. like you said... being homeless, jobless, friends have moved away or have other responsibilities, family is nowhere, and you owe a lot of debt with no way to pay back.
      Yea, i want to see you change your wardrobe, and get up and find happiness or even better, i want to see what you will "let out" in that situation.
      Emotional rock bottom ain't shit, a bottle of very good vodka/brandy will clear that right up. its easy to get past.
      Its harder when no one is hiring, or you can't afford rent with your current job, and debt collectors keep a-knocking. all things beyond your control.

• I like to just start accomplishing things, even if it's small. Maybe running a mile, or reading an entire book. Mowing the lawn. Get stuff done and your confidence will grow.

• Interesting take

• To first escape hell, you must arrive at hell. Pray, that you never do...

• Great take - I agree with the thrust of your take and all your points - Best of luck on your journey

• nice words.

• Thank you

• 3 4 5 is like my life motto plus my idgaf mentality

• Damn amazing👌

• A very good mytake. it seems you have been through a bit to write this up. Very insightful. Cheers.

• Perfecto!

• Thank you, Socrates!

• Nice take

• Great first take

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 10

• Amazing first take,
    My bff Is a guy who has been helping people through depression and other problems for years, he is the one who got me out of mine.
    And he has worked on/with a lot of individuals from varied ages having faced the situation that you have and I have saw him lose a piece of himself trying to help each woman because he feels the pain that she goes through.
    That being said he has shared with me some horrible stories from some of the women he has tried to help, and I only can imagine how bad it is for you, and I'd like to extend an olive branch here.
    I dont know if you'll accept it, I dont know if you won't, but if you ever need anyone to talk to, I'll always have your back.
    But please dont bottle it up
    Take care

• Thank you, it's really nice of you! I'm not going to bottle it up, that won't help me, but thanks

• Nice! I like the "suck it up" point! 👍😂😂

• Great post :)

• Great first take :)

• yup that's right

• I'm positive but it's like balancing and then falling down back to a pessimist.

• Definitely agree with this :) also recognize you're at rock bottom and life can be better.

• Well written

• Interesting Take

• Great tips!