Five Mind Blowing Things That Found In Space

I'm gonna tell you TEN things that are amazing and/or spectacular in the known universe. To planets, galaxies, even GAS CLOUDS! Space is truly amazing... We all have our opinions, some may find this mind-blowing, some may not.

Number 5: Hypervelocity Stars

These type of stars are stars that are traveling trillions of miles per hour, never stopping! Wouldn't that be fun!

Number 4: 55 Cancri e

This planet known only as "The Diamond Planet" is as the name suggests is a planet full of diamonds! The surface temperature of this planet is around 4,900 degrees Fahrenheit (2,700 degrees Celsius). The orbital period is around EIGHT-TEEN HOURS! It is not sure if 55 Cancri e is actually a diamond planet full of diamonds since it was known to have a lot of carbon, but recent researches have said that it has more oxygen than carbon. Let's just hope it is ACTUALLY a Diamond Planet.. Even though it's too hot for us to even step foot on the planet.

Number 3: Gliese 436 b

Gliese 436 b is a planet that is around 439 degrees Celcius in temperature, but for some odd reason its water does not evaporate, BUT the molecules inside the planet pull together and make 'hot ice'.

Number 2: The LQG

A.K.A: The Large Quasar Group. This group of quasars is no joke, it's MASSIVE. Okay, so if galaxy (The Milky Way) is around one-hundred thousand light-years across and we multiply that by FORTY-THOUSAND, we get FOUR MILLION. That's right LQG is FOUR MILLION light years across. This group of quasars has seventy-four quasars. This is enormous enough to break the conventional laws for modern astronomy! It's crazy!!

Number 1: CFBDSIR2149

CFBDSIR2149 is a ROGUE PLANET that was separated by its own solar system and out of its own orbit, this planet wanders the galaxies unchecked and at hundreds of light-years per second. NOTE: this particular planet is just (estimated) 100 light years away from where we are now. It could get closer, it could get farther away! Scientists believe there are more planets just like this one out in the galaxy!

That was my list of amazing objects in space! Thanks for reading! :)

1217

Most Helpful Girl

• Thanks for this Take. As I'm a sucker for everything space-related, I enjoyed reading it. :)

One thing I felt belongs on this list is the giant alcohol cloud G34.3.
    It's basically our galaxy's equivalent of a cosmic liquor cabinet--a super massive (1000 times the diameter of our Solar System) gas cloud containing enough ethyl alcohol to fill 400 trillion trillion pints of beer--that's 300,000 pints of beer every day to every single person on Earth for the next billion years! Space booze, FTW!

Also, your title says five, but your description says ten... Is there a part two to this?

• Well no, it was gonna originally be ten, but I bumped it down to 5. Just forgot to remove "ten" and put "five" lol. I might do another part, if I see that people want it.

• I wish people would write more on educational/scientific topics instead of these "men want vs women want" debacles. I mean, I know that's kind of the point of this site, but still. :3

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I did not know about a couple of these.

1. I did not know about this supposed rogue planet. I have to check up on some stuff on the net. I guess there was a new paper published on this a few months ago. They cannot confirm it is an actual rogue planet. It could be a brown dwarf. But it can't be moving at a light year per second. I couldn't find any estimate of speed but if you have some info, I would love to see it.

2. Had no idea. Simply fascinating.

3. Another fascinating discovery. That's the power of gravity.

4. Well, did you hear about the Neutron planet collision that supposedly produced enough gold in quantities greater than several earths?

5. This one I knew about.

But what could give a star that kind of velocity? That would be the strangest thing of all, a black hole. I guess we don't want to go there.

:D

falkiyat.com/.../black-hole1-768x512.jpg

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 11

• I knew a few of them, but the others are just amazing! Thanks for this myTake it was really amazing since I'm a huge space lover. :)

• What about amazing sounds? Have you heard the rings of Saturn?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_JAvVjKeWI

• I might do that today. May I do it? I ask for permission, as it's your idea and I don't want to appear to steal it.

• No no... you go ahead... there are also weird unknown sounds from space which you can find on youtube... and there is also a craft that has been sent off with some of our human music on it for someone to find... Voyager has a Gold Disc on I think...

• Those are fake.

• 4 and 3 sound really cool. Its crazy bc how do they actually get all of this info. And I wonder if its another planet close to ours that's suitable for humans, I thought I heard of something but I don't know

• Cool! :)

• You know you're a space nerd when you already knew all of them πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ€“

• What a beautiful picture! Dreamlike ❀

• Which means aliens probably exist.

• Cool take. Thanks!

• Interesting Take

• Very cool read!

• interesting take

What Guys Said 16

• Great take.

But if CFBDSIR2149 is travelling hundreds of lightyears per second, a light year being the distance light can travel in one year, that would mean that it’s travelling hundreds of thousands times the speed of light; now given that the speed of light is the fastest speed we can observe in the universe, this will be quite impossible, no?

• Amazing Take, very interesting and informative, I wish we could visit all of those things in Space.

• Very nice take , the universe always interests me , there is just so many cool things about it

• Mind is blown

• "this planet wanders the galaxies unchecked and at hundreds of light-years per second"

No it doesn't. And no credible source ever claimed it did.

• Space is full of diamonds. Kind of makes you wonder why our space program is such a joke. We should be asteroid mining.

qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-f65cf5294959a42dbfa9ec4001c85003

• 5, 1. Never faster than 670,616,629.38 mph.
    Proof otherwise?

• " and at hundreds of light-years per second. "

So wrong. So very very very wrong.

• Great read - Very educational

• Thanks! I'm just waiting for someone to say something about the word "TEN". It was originally gonna be 10, but instead I bumped it down to 5.

• Very interesting

• Wow!

• Those defy the laws of physics

• Girls would be loving the diamond planet haha

• Interesting

• Not everything is right. But good take mate

• Awesome and informative take!