Quarter-life Crisis

Quarter-life crisis: The quarter-life crisis is a period of life ranging from twenties to thirties, in which a person begins to feel doubtful about their own lives, brought on by the stress of becoming an adult.

Do you think going trough it?

Here are 10 signs you might be going trough a quarter life crisis:

1. You’re starting to question what your purpose in life is.

2. You’re frustrated at not being able to figure out the answers to the above.

3. You’re terrified by the thought that your best years may be behind you and you still feel like you haven’t done anything with your life.

4. Social media makes you feel anxious and you can’t help but feel freaked out every time an engagement or baby announcement pops up, even though you don’t want to get married or have kids yet.

5. Listening to Taylor Swift’s 22 brings on an existential crisis because guess what, you’re not 22 any more.

6. Going into Forever 21 is equally conflicting.

7. You’re offended when you’re ID’d but even more offended when you're not.

8. Your temporary job has somehow lasted three years.

9. Relationships suddenly seem more scary.

10. So you go on huge "seize the moment!" rampages.

818

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 18

• 4d

That's what happens when people are raised in a carefree environment with no real life challenges.

Those who grew up with extreme hardship are forced to grow up quickly... but that means they start off as adult much earlier in life.

Alternatively, those with few hardships lead a relaxed early life and don't grow up until their 30's... then they fall apart at the most basic life challenges as an adult.

Pick your poison

• 6d

So what we're gonna do? Dwell on the past til we turn 40 have mid life crisis. I say fuck it make life your bitch there's going to be way better moments. Nice take though! 😎

• 6d

Damnnnnn, that's good

• Quarter life, mid life etc are terms I do not think should be used because no one knows how long they are going to live.

That is understandable.

That means you are thinking you need the answer right here and right now.

That just means you think you will not go anywhere exciting, do anything exciting or accomplish anything during the rest of your life however long that is.

It means you are on social media too much and not living your life. Focus on the military, school and or work. Hangout with friends and or family when given the chance.

Not everyone listens to Taylor Swift.

If you turn 22 and feel like you can not shop there anymore then things confuse you too easily.

Get over it or life will slap you around.

You are either working while going to school you never were looking for another job.

The reason is a family member is not going to solve your problems, drive you two around or pay for things you both want to go do etc

Typically that means staying up until 1am or later, partying a lot, getting drunk, playing a lot of video games etc. For most people it will catch up with them.

• 6d

Interesting myTake

• Don't invent crises in your life - just do your best each day. Otherwise next you'll be whining about mid-life crisis. Or some other crisis. Just no. :)

Everybody has doubt, questions, it's what makes you grow. If you're continuing to pursue your ambitions, chasing your dreams, you'll not have time to fuss about some made-up crisis.

• 4d

To me only number 3 applies whereas half of these seem like bullshit.
    Since i am undergoing a quarter life crisis myself i will share what contributes to mine:

- never had a girlfriend, I'm a kissless virgin and really scared, that it remains so. Getting jealous of people in relationships
    - doing so much but accomplishing so little.
    -

• 4d

- having also wasted so much time seemingly in vain because life.

Still, i only give up if i die, so as long as i life i won't forfeit.

• I feel like I have something like this for about a year right now. But it’s little bit different, I guess.
    The point 1, I’ve read “You’re starting to question what purpose of life is.”, and I’ve told myself, that’s exactly, what I have in mind, but then I’ve read it correctly. I suppose it’s applicable. But point 3 is the one which fits the most on me.
    Other points I have differently, except 5 and 6, which are not applicable to me.

• I guess point 5 and 6 are little less relatable to guys then girls but hopefully you get through this.

• 7d

Since I was 8, I knew, that getting older sucks. I knew, what none of kids in ma age around me knew: it will not get better, it will get worse. I will have to take care of myself, find job, flat, and so on.
      Guess what. I was right. It sucks. Sure, there is more freedom, but also…more responsibility. Besides, my body will not last forever, because it’s poorly designed by nature.
      And now, I will be 30. Do you know, how scary this is? This is my worse fear since…ever. I don’t want this shit.
      You’re 18. You’re fine. You have time. But that’s also the problem. It’s not infinite, it’s limited. What I want, is infinite time in my 20. Fuck the rest.
      Once it’s not infinite, it will run out. And that’s a problem.

• 7d

You're right life is short, if you've known this ever since you were 8 yo, live your life. Travel, do what you've always dreamed of doing. Live life to the fullest, don't let your age stop you from doing anything you'd like to do. 'Cause you're right we only get older.

• I am for sure in a quarter/mid life crisis. I have felt this way for about six months now. i would say 1 3 and 8 are true for me out of your list.

• 6d

It gets better.

• 5d

This is happening to me, already. But guess what I'm going to do about it?
    Anyone? Anyone? Alright listen up! BUILD ME A TIME MACHINE!!!, Reenact events in my life; even through my writing and film projects.

• 4d

What weak ass bs. "Quarter-life Crisis" LOL GTFO with that shit!

• 7d

my temporary job has lasted 4 years and I need to GET MOVIN HOLY FUCKKKKK THIS IS ME cept for drinking I QUIT

• Nope, stop giving a shit a long time ago. Good question though.

• 5d

I though I was just having my mid-life crisis early. lol

• 7d

Just do whatever. Life is short anyways. Just have as much fun as you can while you can. Do whatever you believe is for you. Go somewhere. See something. Try something new, anything new.

• Just find it funny, i'm only ID'd when i shave, when i have a beard, no questions. I look like 2 different people really.

• I qualify for 9/10 of these. I can feel that crisis taking a toll on me. I got no goal in life because I realized the one I had is no longer possible and another one is just too much. There is so much going on all over the world and it seems like most of it has a negative impact on us (20's). College is crazy expensive yet entry level jobs require a bachelor degree. Employers say there more open jobs than ever but I don't see them. And that employers can't find qualified candidates. Relationships have become harder and riskier because of feminism. War in middle east, conflict with Russia, threat from North Korea, Donald Trump, I can go on and on. I don't even wanna know what I might experience during my mid-life crisis.

• So you're not going trough a "seize the moment " rampage?

• Thank you for your concern or interest but I don't want to share that. Sorry

• Alright, hopefully things get better :)

What Girls Said 8

• I am 31, so I think that I escaped this little crisis, thank goodness :)
    I have always felt I had a purpose in life-I earned A BSN in nursing, and I have never looked back. At this age I have to admit that I feel my biological clock ticking, but I am fairly optimistic about the future and the fact that I fulfill some purpose in this life.

I do think about having kids though...

• I'm only 20 so its yet to come! Half of the people I went to school with are engaged and having babies, I think it's crazy! I'd love a baby but when I'm financially stable and with someone

• 5d

went through this when i was ten, it never fully left.

• sometimes

• I'm 19 but I got 6/10 from your list😓

• 4d

Going through this..
    So I can relate to it..

• 7d

I have been on my mid life crisis since I turned 20.

• Good take