Your name is probably a very beautiful literary or cinematographic reference, a tribute to one of your ancestors, or just very common in another language. But still, in everyday life, it can be slightly annoying and hard to carry.
1. When you’re asked 10 times to repeat your name
And after that, people think that they have to give their opinion "Oh yeah, it's weird but it's not ugly!" Thanks for your unsolicited opinion by the way!
2. When you're in a party, and people think that you’re kidding.
Except for that annoying guy who will scream your name every time he sees you, laughing out loud.
3. Or worse: they ask you "Why?" What do you mean “Why”?
Do you expect me to say that my parents were drunk or lost a bet?
4. When you go on vacation and you’re looking for your name on magnets, shot glasses or other souvenirs but it’s never there.
5. When you have to give your name on the phone, and the person associates each letter of your name with a “normal” one: "C as in Chad? M as in Mark?"
The kind of name that your parents could have given you to make everyone’s life easier apparently.
6. When you search how many people have the same name and you realise that there are only 50.
In the WHOLE country.
7. When half of the people you know don’t pronounce it correctly.
Shout out to your boss who never paid attention to when you tried to correct him, so he kept calling you by the wrong name, and you had to go with it.
8. When you already introduced yourself and you’re asked "What's your name again?"
It would be okay if it stopped there, but the person in question turns to repeat it to his friends, just to feed their debate on unusual names.