Tips for Closeted LGBT People

No homophobic comments please <3

Tips for Closeted LGBT People

1. Being 'Different; is not a Handicap

Just because you're trans or gay, etc, doesn't mean you can do anything less than a straight person. It will not hold you back for what you want to be. Lots of people think that being LGBT is a set back but it isn't.

Tips for Closeted LGBT People

2. You Can be Loved

You might think just because you're not straight that you can't be loved. Especially for transgender people, it is hard to believe that someone could love you for who you are. But actually, people can love you regardless. You're just as worthy as love as the next person.

Tips for Closeted LGBT People

3. Remove Expectations

Don't expect people to understand at the beginning. Don't expect people to accept you right off the bat. It's not that easy to get it. As soon as you come out, it's not like everyone will accept you in 5 seconds.

Tips for Closeted LGBT People

4. Don't Hate others who don't Understand

Your knowledge definitely is not common knowledge. Don't give people shit for not getting it. People find it hard to accept such a large change. It is not easy to process that huge thought. Give them time.

Tips for Closeted LGBT People

5. Don't be Afraid to be a Stereotype

Some gay men are very feminine. Some lesbians are very masculine and butch. Don't be afraid if you fit into a stereotype. It's perfectly fine and it's who you are and not your fault.

Tips for Closeted LGBT People

6. Love yourself first, before you love someone else.

You are worthy of love. It is a lot easier to say than do but even if it is the way you think, you're one step closer.

Tips for Closeted LGBT People

1422

Most Helpful Guy

• As a transgender wanting to be a woman i have had some problems. The worst was trying to hide it. I got married young trying to bury my feelings. My first wife soon realised my reluctence to have sex. But one drunk night she got her way.. We ended up with 4 lovely daughters ,, good part about her being pregnant no sex between babies. After a while she found somone else left me with the girls... A few years later i bumped into an old friend we got friendly ,, i told her about me she told me that reason her marriage broke was she is bi sexual he couldnt cope with that. So we got wed she had 3 daughters, i was in my element no males to worry about. Being in this eviroment helped me come out...

Most Helpful Girl

• #It'soktobestraight

Just putting it out there, as I feel there is a lot of hate and not enough love for straight people these days. If you're straight, that's ok. You don't have to be gay or trans or bisexual, it's ok to be straight. If you have a closet straight friend, or an openly straight friend, let them know that it's ok to be straight. #Straightpride

No heterophobic replies please.

• yep, its ok to b straight too! everything is ok:P

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 21

• See, this is what the LGBT community should be teaching its members. Everyone on this planet is worthy and equal to everyone else (minus serial killers and rapists). And just because you do have a neurological or mental disorder or even a physical disorder does not make you less of a human.

• here is my advice: don't see being lgtb as being you. if you are lgtb that's fine but don't let it it be the biggest thing about you. you are just a person who happens to be lgtb. I often see people identify themselves as being gay while that is nothing more then a preference and says almost nothing about the person. and in my opinion the best way to combat homophobia is to simply not make being lgtb a big thing.

• I think you could have mentioned how to "come out," find support, and stay safe, especially for LGBT youth. Great myTake though, thanks for sharing. I hope many find it helpful.

• Go to church and confess your sins and talk to a Christian counselor and get out of that lifestyle

• What sins?

• Both post are nonsense I rest my case

• Thanks for these tips. I might come out the closet now

• I think that generally, all minorities should stay as far away from stereotypes as possible. This includes dark-skinned people and homosexuals in equal measure.

I have had several homosexual friends, and most of them - but not all - didn't fit the 'screaming queen' stereotype at all.

What I would say to those in the closet now: its a bit old. You dont have to force it on people - nobody wants to know - but if it comes up, just relaxedly let it be mentioned, and continue as normal. And it is normal, so so be it.

The other thing I would say is, and I dont know why this is, but: some of the most incredible people have been gay or bisexual men. From Oscar Wilde to Derren Brown, Alan Turing to Lord Beveridge, Lord Byron to Alexander the Great. there's an (oddly in fact) enormous range of wonderful and talented homosexual or bisexual men who have shaped our culture. This doesn't mean you're anywhere near them, but in terms of sexual preference, my god you're in good company!

• this can apply to people that are transgender, and that is a very big deal that needs to be mentioned in my opinion. I agree with you, being gay isn't such a big deal anymore.
      But there are families and towns who are extremely homophobic. I suspect you live in a very accepting, quaint place. Unfortunately, many places aren't like that. Where I live, being transgender can ruin your life

• It only stands to reason that there would have been a number of accomplished gay people over the years; there are thousands of prominent historical figures, and if 2% of the populace is gay, then it is only logical that some of that group is gay.

• Just humans like others. Nobody has to know what happens in private between consenting adults

• dont pay attention to anonymous assholes. they're anonymous because they're cowards

• Good post

• Great take

• I will come out

• Good take.

• Okay..

• They're faggots.

• Thank you, I will use this

• okay

• 1. being LGBTQ makes you seem handicapped

2. nobody will love you (at least me and a good majourity of the world will hate your guts)

3. have expectations: you're gonna die in hell, and regret you ever turned gay/bi/trans/whatever you turned

4. understand that people are hating you for a reason, you're psychotic

5. you are a stereotype no matter what

6. how tf can you love yourself when you are being a complete shining sin to god? go die in hell and worship satan for your stupidity

• Well, I will share this, if the whole world was gay humans would be extinct so don't feed me the it's normal or natural comments please!!!
    If that's what you choose good for you, just don't shove it in my face!

• Nobody is shoving anything in your face. They just fight back for what they believe in. Because assholes like you make it hard for them to be themselves. Some have to live their whole life a lie because they are afraid to be discriminated against or even mistreated

• @IAMTHEGOAT12 Just keep jerkin it to your mom's photo, you'll grow up one day!!!

• Ohhhhhhhh there goes the "your mom" insult! What a savage 😂 I'm jerking off as we speak, wanna trade pics?

• Confess to the Lord that you are a sinner... ask for forgiveness... and repent of your sinful behavior. Jesus can heal all abnormalidy's

• Being gay is normal. Being a bigot is sinful because it's the opposite of being filled with love.

• No offense, but using religion as an argument against anything ever is just meaningless.

• @Anonymous FINALLY! somebody who gets it! i like your view on it because it's the real view

• Okay cool.

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 13

• Really hard when you're part of an ignorant, unaccepting and judgmental culture, where sexuality is a taboo, and homosexuality a joke and an insult.

• Sorry, you're profile is private but it sounds like you live in an Islamic country. I'm very sorry if you do, women and LGBT people are treated terribly there.

• I'm sorry that you have to live like that. unfortunately there is very little you can do except stay in the closet, come out and be ridiculed, or move and leave those people behind. Where do you live, anyways?

• Thank you all. Morocco.

• Lmao im sure half these people care for the 6xper 😂

• this is a great take! I am straight but reading positive things like this makes me still have some faith In humanity lol.

• well it's nice and i would have loved to know who posted this.

• Great mytake. ^_^ I don't have much else to say.

• I love this!

• This is a great mytake!!!

• Great my take

• What about Bible? It doesn't allow it. It is a big sin.

• Interesting

• Thank you, I think I may be bisexual but I’m not sure

• Interesting take

• Nice MyTake! I agree on this.