The Bullying is Getting Ridiculous...

It's not a secret, everyone knows it. A lot of kids get bullied these days. And not only that, but kids and teens are becoming more ruthless and relentless each time. And it's painful to see people suffer from that. I know what it feels like. I've been bullied all my life and after a certain point, kids and teens will come to expect to be treated as such. A lot of suicides have happened because of bullying. Cyber bullying is no good either. There are many examples of bullying.

The Bullying is Getting Ridiculous...

- Verbal (Calling Names, Verbal Abuse)

- Mental (Making a persons mindset that they are no good)

- Physical (Fighting, Maiming, Harming)

- Cyber (Posting mean stuff online about a person)

I wish we could end this. People suffer daily from this, People DIE because of this. People cut and hurt themselves because of this issue. Please help me end this issue. When you see someone getting bullied, intervene, help them. Make sure they are okay and be THEIR friend, no matter what. Tell an adult or trusted friend. Try to make the bully realize what they are doing. Bullies suffer too. The reason most bullies bully people is because they are hurting on the inside. Help them as well, ask them what's wrong and help them out.

The Bullying is Getting Ridiculous...

What else can we do? People will stop at nothing these days. I will tell you, you can raise awareness, stand up to it and pass on this Take and create other takes based on bullying using this hashtag.

#StompOutBullying

2137

Most Helpful Guy

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 36

• Bullying is sad, but it's never going to go away. There will ALWAYS be bullies out there. I had to put up with bullies long ago in school. It's admirable that you now have these anti-bullying programs in school (at least they don't try to sweep it under the rug, like the old days), and it shows that the school districts understand that there's a problem, but I don't think they really work. Bullies are always going to figure out ways to do what they do, and unless you either hurt them or have a bodyguard to always watch your back, the bullies WILL get you.

They don't understand reasoning or pity, they only understand the concepts of power and fear. It somehow makes them feel good knowing they can make you feel as rotten as they feel. A bully will only go after somebody that they know they can hurt, without any chance of they themselves being hurt. If there's any chance they might be hurt, they'll ignore you and go after a weaker target. It's just the way they are. Unfortunately, there are only two choices when dealing with bullies, you either ignore them, or you confront them.

• I don't think it is getting worse, I think people are just becoming softer. I think that most people today also are taught to react to bullying in a weak way, and I think most of the anti-bullying stuff encourages a weak mindset. I think this take is an example of that too.

When I was a kid I was just taught by my Dad especially to defend myself. If it was physical bullying I was taught to fight back. If it was just verbal stuff I was just taught to ignore it because they're just words, "stick and stones".

As a result, despite being a very quiet, introverted person and being the smallest guy in my year group, I was never really bullied. It was impossible to "bully" me. People would try and I'd either ignore it and laugh it off if it was verbal or if physical I'd fight whether I won or lost - even if I lost they'd choose someone else next time. Bullies prefer to pick on people who'll just cower in fear and make it easy for them rather than give them a fat lip or a bloody nose.

I remember the first parents evening we had to go to my teacher said to them "first of all I just want you to know that you don't have to worry about him because he's not intimidated at all because of his size, I've seen him fight lads twice his size".

In my parents' days they went even further - if my Dad went home crying about bullying he'd get a slap off of my Grandmother or Grandfather too and get told to stop crying and look after himself.

I don't think that the bullying has gotten worse at all, just people's reactions to it. If a kid was treated that way nowadays it would be considered child abuse but it made them a lot tougher and more able to deal with it. Now they're taught that fighting back isn't the answer, that they should just tell the teacher or parent or whoever and let somebody else deal with it for them. In fact sometimes they're even punished if they do defend themselves which is ass backwards. I think that this is the main reason people have turned soft.

Bullying will never go away, assholes will always exist. When these kids get to adulthood they're still gonna have to deal with assholes, although because they've never been allowed to deal with it themselves as kids they'll probably be less able as adults. It's pretty fucked up in my opinion.

• YES! Exactly. Bullying has always existed and will continue to exist. The only difference now is that children/teens are not taught how to deal with it. They're not tough at all. They are raised like babies by their very young parents of this new generation.

I was bullied in highschool. Guess where it lead? NOWHERE. I grabbed the bully and slammed them head first into a locker. What happened? The bullying stopped because they realized, despite my small size, I can look after myself.

My parents are of an older generation. They taught me the same way their parents taught them which was to hold your bloody own rather than let people walk over you. Kids now are taught to be victims and everything is other people's fault.

• @Hwlsop Because kids nowadays are weak and haven't been taught how to stand up for themselves. Victim-hood is strong.

• I was taught self defense since little and if I used it once then it was me being blamed, I think maybe yep the problem is the society in general not only one type of people, but it is easier to close your mind and restrict the problem only to the victims...
      Bullies probably have really bad times too...

• When I was a kid bullying also existed. Do you know what was the difference between now and then? We also learned how to defend ourselves and others. This is what the present snowflake generation can't do as "self-defense" is a guilt. No one will stop bullying. You have to learn how to stop it. If you can't stop it, if you can't defend yourself, no one can. Start to be an adult and learn how to protect yourself instead of write countless lines to victimize yourself.

• Uhm. I know how to stick up for myself thank you. This is just a good cause and I am sorry that you don't find it okay. If I was victimizing myself I WOULD HAVE reffered to MYSELF

• I didn't imagine that the opinion owner is so political, it's a bit of a limiting one sided view...
      Sorry for intruding in the opinion, I don't think it's worth continuing, there is no dialogue anymore ❌

• @Plumy Its rather an experienced side of view, something what you'll understand when you'll be older.

• The best thing you can ever do for your child is to minimize, if not completely eradicate, their electronic and social media foot print until they're 18. Kids don't need to be on facebook. They don't need to be on twitter. They don't need to be on snapchat. Kids need to be off the internet until they're adults. Social media is a hot bed for bullying. Having your children removed from it eliminates that avenue of bullying.

• Bullying hasn't just started, its been around since humanity existed and in fact is currently at its most mild, previously bullying involved getting punched in the mouth, black eyes etc. all of which resulted in detention. Now if you call some one a "hurtful" name they get suspended or kicked out of school. So what has this done? Prevented children from developing the necessary mental and physical skills needed to cope with stress and hostile enviroments.

Its made things worse not better. That's actually why rough play as they call it is so vital to a childs development, it makes them take risks and when it gets rough they develop the necessary skills to shrug off pain and stress so they can keep functioning. We don't do that any more and as a result all the things that would have resulted in a scuffle and then that's it ends with either a suicide or school shooting.

Controled stress is necessary but what anti bullying people are completely ignoring is that we will NEVER not have bullying, we will NEVER not have struggle, we will NEVER stop having conflict and in fact we shouldn't because this is what forces us to grow as people. What people like yourself are doing (and I don't mean that as an insult I think your intentions are good but naĂŻve) are demanding that we not prepare our children for the inevitable and then when it comes they, either as children, teens or adults are not prepared to deal with that stress and conflict so instead of growing they break.

This is coming from some one who has experienced far worse then bullying. I was beaten as a child, starved, raped and even stabbed in the head. Imagine being bullied, as all people are, while carrying that baggage? Of being the quite weird one? It was probably worse bullying then most. Yet it made me who I am, it made me capable of dealing with stress, dealing with confrontation and has made me grow as a person.

If you know anything about metal work you would know that the strongest metals are the ones that are forged. Its because every time the hammer hits the metal, it causes the metal to become denser and thus stronger then it was before. A forged piece of metal will outlast any other kind of metal because of the stresses that where placed upon it. That's how people are, the more controlled stress you place upon them the stronger they get, that's why you have people who don't break when they are put in situations where the conflict and stress are not controlled.

• I actually believe my lifespan has been shortened due to the dude who now works as a guidance counsellor, which is horrifying considering he behaved exactly like a psychopath in school. He was very influential and manipulative, would influence masses of weak minded followers who were under the misconception that his dark sadistic humour, self proclaimed satanism, and general idiocy was charisma, whereby they would participate in the regular, systematic psychological abuse and humiliation of individual targets. Each target would have a certain amount of time as a target. I was on and off for a while and then was just on for a long time (these people had been my friends in my first two years of school) until I just stopped hanging around with them. The psychopath loved it immensely, the look on his face as he watched his followers humiliate the target was quite terrifying, an intensely sadistically grinning stare while chewing on his knuckles.

I was diagnosed with aspergers after school, hence why I was such a fine target for them, and spent many years as a recluse after school. At the age of 24 I finally started to come of age, starting a university course, and it's only since then that I've become the confident, extrovert, well dressed, popular dude that I was destined to be as a child before my teen years were rudely interrupted by that psychopathic individual. Anyway how do I believe he shortened my lifespan? The psychological trauma he put me through kickstarted my digestive problems, and it took me approx. 10 years to work out said problems. It is clinically proven that trauma can be a primary contributing factor to the onset of digestive health problems. I believe I will die earlier than I would have otherwise, as a direct result of what that person put me through.

I consider it irrelevant now though. I have been reading this amazing book http://amzn.to/2GnQt09 It has helped me to let go of the past, and to let go of the future. To embrace the present. I am working towards spiritual enlightenment and towards reconditioning my body and mind. I advise you RayvenSkyeFlye, to read this book.

• Bullying is absolutely a problem, but it's not going to be possible to fix the problem by fixing the bullies. We let bullies know that what they're doing is wrong, but only they can stop doing it. Telling the parents won't likely help, because the children are probably bullies in part because their parents neglected to teach them how to act. Instead, we should teach children how to effectively protect each other from bullies. I've been bullied before, but it's never amounted to anything significant, except maybe in helping me become a better person. That's because I've had friends who could help me turn rude remarks into methods of reflection and bettering myself. Friends shouldn't just guard each other from points of view, even if given with intent to harm. If a bully tells you that you smell bad, what better way to stop him from bullying than to take showers and wear deodorant? If you just try to shelter people from those trying to harm them emotionally, you're going to keep them from becoming strong enough to survive when you can't be there to help.

• You have to understand. People think they have the right to bully. Just look at the responses. People really do not want to be "nice" to people they either don't like because of politics, culture, race, religion, sexual orientation, or just because they want to be a jerk.

So what you have to do is find that group that will support you, love you, and validate you. You can be certain these bullies have their own tribes.

I agree with you. Bullying has made kids commit suicide, caused them to develop issues with depression, self-esteem, confidence, etc. But these folks just do not care.

And there is no way to create a law to make them stop. All we can do is shame them and what good does that do.

Just find those who will support you. Good luck. Good luck to us all.

• Oh quiet.

I've lived both sides of the issue quite thoroughly. During that time, I realized that in most cases the "victims" are really no better than whoever's "bullying" them.

The only difference between a "bully" and a "victim" is that one uses guilt and sympathy to get others to fight their battles for them, and the other doesn't.

People just jump to the "victim's" side because they're the ones who learned to get their way by kissing ass. They're not these "little beacons of hope and innocence." They're sewer rats, they're petty sneaks, insects who can only get anywhere by leveraging well-intentioned people into clearing the way FOR them. They deserve to be treated as such.

Meanwhile, the "bullies" are the ones made out to be these horrible monsters because they're the ones who are actually pulling they're own weight. What these moral-high-ground idiots don't realize is that most of the time, the "bullies" are trying to get the "victims" to cut the shenanigans! Yes, they are oftentimes very cruel in how they go about it. But let me tell you something, you precious angel you:

PEOPLE.. LIKE THAT.. DO NOT.. LISTEN.. TO GENTLE.. CRACKDOWN..

It's what gives them their power!!!
    The only way to make people like that stop is to go in, and go in hard. MAKE them realize that, until they stop using other people as weapons and start actually being credible on their own, they are nothing.. dirt.. a waste of human biology.. the cumshots that their mothers should have spat out.

If they learn their true place, great. If they break under the pressure: lol one down, the rest to go.

• I believe you are morally corrupt, possibly beyond repair. Quite frankly you sound like a dangerous person. I also believe you sound like you are trying to make excuses for your horrifying behaviour, and in doing so you must know on some level that your behaviour has been truly horrifying. I believe you have guilt that you are not adequately dealing with.

• @Electric_Dreams
      Could be. I'll admit I've done some things I'm the total opposite of "proud of." But I still don't see it as particularly likely because I've owned those things and worked my ass off to make sure those mistakes don't happen again. What I say here comes from my experiences.

• Modern education lacks moral values, especially discipline. That's why people are making disgusting or cruel things for fun and think it's not a problem. Bullying is one of these things.

• However, you see Japan has a good value system education, yet there is a great number of bullying and suicide due to it.

• @Mi2mi2a Japan is known for it's exhausting work routine, many parents get no time to spend with their kids, and when they have it, they can confusing education with overzealousness (which is bad for kid's development and makes them being potential victims for bullies). The japanese schools are highly focused on academic achievement, that's the primary role of a school, but it doesn't prevent juveniles from being bullied. The parental education and the values of the society must be rethinked in Japan as well as in western societies.

• You don't think there was bullying in the past?

• If kids were treated with more discipline by parents, then they'd be ready to tell the bullies to step off by the time they get to middle school. Soft bullying needs to start in kindergarten: like critical comments from adults and banter with other kids. If you treat a kid like a flower, she'll learn to wilt when there's no sunshine.

• It's nothing new, though the cyber stuff makes it ever more difficult to escape. I had an older teacher once who described how he was terrified of one of the guys at his school, and would cross the street if he saw him anywhere near. And this was in the 1950's.

• The whining and victim-hood culture is also getting way beyond ridiculous. The 'everything is okay' mantra isn't helping anyone either. Not everything is good or okay - there is actually bad stuff.

• It is every easy to bully the bullies. You just have to think. Go get some weed and put it in their locker and tell the teacher there is a strange smell coming from the locked etc...

Or grab some mace.

• It's been happening for Decades... and back then the parents use to down play it.

I think it will take kids being expelled, schools being sued, teachers/principals losing their jobs (not being able to teach again)... before it's actually address.

Until then their will be stabbing/shootings by kids that have no other option. The DUMB thing is those instances, people think the kids are BAD/evil... and Don't see the underlying cause.

Also the WHOLE school atmosphere breeds bullying... Team sports, cheerleading/ clicks mainly teach group/gang mentalities.

• "schools being sued, teachers/principals losing their jobs" That right there is a major part of it. Schools turn a blind eye to the bullying that goes on right under their noses and see it as kids will be kids.

• A couple of things here. Those who are or have been bullied should band together, stay together. There is strength in numbers. Never let a bully, or group of bullies, catch you alone if you can help it. Then, go stand up to them whenever they are bullying someone else, and afterwards, get that person to join you. Once people are no longer afraid of bullies, but are instead are willing to stand up to them, the bullying will stop. Bullies bully to feel powerful, usually because they are powerless in some bad situation at home.

Another effective way to deal with anyone who is aiming negativity your way, whether it's anger, hatred, insults, bullying, whatever, is to laugh. Laughing takes the wind out of their sails, makes them feel foolish, frustrates them that you are not getting angry or upset or afraid. It shows them that they have FAILED. Everyone hates that feeling, and they will not come back for more from you.

• You should try to ignore the bullies. If that doesn't stop them, then tell a teacher, or your parents or someone. There's plenty of other things I could tell you (and that other people have mentioned), but I'm sure they're illegal.

Simples...

• How to deal with non-violent bullies: get thicker skin.

How to deal with violent bullies: git gud at martial arts.

Ez.

• Since everyone has cell phones these days, record the action on video or audio for evidence. Then report the bullying to a teacher, professor, principal, etc.
    If it's cyberbullying, take screenshots of the posts for evidence. Then report.
    Think of ways to embarrass your bullies.
    Learn how to fight back. You can take martial arts classes or learn online and practice with a friend or parent. If you get physically attacked, you will know how to protect yourself and take bullies down.
    I was bulliest verbally at first but I turned it into physical bullying because that's what I'm good at. I learned martial arts early and had all the confidence to stand up for myself. I won every fight. Just be sure you are not the first attacker or else you will become the suspect. Wait for them to attack. There are several ridiculously easy techniques to take down anyone.
    - So, keep your head up, your evidence ready, your brain in creativity mode, and your body's defense mechanism up to date.

• We live in a world that only knows how to combat bullying with bullying. Look at the biggest stage ever. The Presidency. Our president has some serious bullying tendencies, but the way the liberals try to combat it is worse. They try to shame him and make him feel like nothing, verbally abuse him, post horrible things about him and his family online (cyber) and if it wasn't for the Secret Service, people would physically abuse him too.

We teach our kids that bullies are so bad that we should out bully them. That's just not an acceptable lesson and is a vicious cycle. We as humans have lost sight of what love is. It isn't destroying a bully with bullying tactics. It's loving a bully and melting his cold heart.

As long as people bully bullies as some sort of righteous act, I promise you we will NEVER EVER see the end of bullying. It will only get worse. So don't #stompOutBullying because that encourages bullying. #letLoveWin

• More from Guys
    16

What Girls Said 21

• I agree, though... Some people online mock others if others are hurt over words because they consider that as being over sensitive and they will care only for their own side of feelings...

• I think people are more wimpy than they used to be. Bullying has always happened but now people want to be a victim so everyone feels sorry for them. My dad and grandad had bullies at their school that beat people up. Now adays people cry if you call them a name. Bunch of wimps. Get over it.

• YOU THINK WE ARE WIMPY? Why don't you try getting the shit beat out of you because you simply tossed someone a glare? IF you think were such WIMPS, then why don't you come to school and see what it's like today. And just because your older than me doesn't mean I can't stand up for myself. People today are ruthless and people like you just egg them on. I don't exactly think back when you went to school people could spread wors about you like fire behind your back. You need to tell YOURSELF to get over it because obviously YOU'RE still crying about what probably happened to you. Telling us to get over it is like telling people not to breathe. Shed your fake hard exterior and try to save some fucking lives!

• YOU THINK WE ARE WIMPY? Why don't you try getting the shit beat out of you because you simply tossed someone a glare? IF you think were such WIMPS, then why don't you come to school and see what it's like today. And just because your older than me doesn't mean I can't stand up for myself. People today are ruthless and people like you just egg them on. I don't exactly think back when you went to school people could spread words about you like fire behind your back. You need to tell YOURSELF to get over it because obviously YOU'RE still crying about what probably happened to you. Telling us to get over it is like telling people not to breathe. Shed your fake hard exterior and try to save some fucking lives!

• Great Mytake!
    My problem is, you got actually bullied. But people who are teased maybe twice claim they've been bullied make me mad. There are too many people who falsely claim to be bullied and that makes people more desinsitized to it, which means that people who are really being bullied don't always get the help they need

• Just like that metoo movement. The real victims are overshadowed by the everyone is a victim mentality.

• People bully simply because they can and they receive no consequence in return. But as a teacher, every bully I've ever had in a classroom or in the hallways were the offspring of parents who just sucked. Some weren't in their lives, others were abusive, but most just condoned the behavior.

Parents these days aren't parents anymore. They're far more interested in being their child's friend and that does the kid no justice at all.

• My brother was choked in school. He got suspended.

I could post news stories about way worse stories form my school but I don't know if anyone wants to read them lol. rape, attacks, jumps, beatdowns.

• Wait, HE got suspended and not the one who choked him? This should call for an investigation.

• @kespethdude Yes, and we are suing the school. there is way more to it than that lol, he's been bullied for years until we took him out last year after he got choked.

The thing is, it's all on camera. and it happened in the lunch room. The kid said he was playing around, but he was serious.

My brother is one of the lucky ones. There are kids with broken bones, who've been blinded, a rape in the high school. and it's always the same thing, the victim getting punished. One girl was beat by over a dozen kids, dragged off of the stairs and attacked. She got suspended for 10 days, a few of her attackers got expelled, and others I think just suspended.

Our elementary, middle, and high school are all right next to each other. The school system is horrible

• It's so weird to me, growing up I didn't really get bullied.. i was just kinda the insivisible kid but not bullied. And i didn't see much bullying going around either, there was some fights but no bullying.

• It is getting ridiculous. These kids used to call me Richard (look up nicknames) and I never said shut up or stop I just ignored them until one day I exploded. Don't explode They still call me Richard but I say stop and they don't but sometimes you just gotta toughen up.

• Seems like the online bullying may be worse, because the person's words stay there basically forever unless they delete them.

• I was cyber bullied a lot as a pre teen. all because of what an avatar in an online game looked like. wtf? people tend to find the stupidest little shit so they can pick on someone. what kills me though is those kind of people who think theyre better than anyone. but like the most helpful guy said, the first step is to realizing we're all human. there have been a few times where I've stepped in for people being bullied because I hate seeing bullying happen. I've helped out online and real life, yet online I still get people telling me "stop being heroic and mind your own business"

• In that case, shoot their ass in the game. They are a bunch of ungrateful bastards in the game anyway... However, do NOT, no matter how much you are tempted, shoot them in real life.

• No problem. You're still young, things will get better.

• @kespethdude yeah, I didn't defend myself much at the time. I've dealt with some idiots on here too before, but believe me I took care of them then lol

• you can't end this, it's just natural
    yes, wanting someone to commit suicide is natural for some people

• I'm bullied by my family. I'd rather be bullied at school than at home...

• I have a nephew with Asperges so believe me we know about bullies. We often found that there were reasons these bullies were the way they were. The followers are the ones that get to me. The ones who stand around and do nothing, the ones who don't do anything for fear of being bullied themselves. They exclude and bully themselves purely by saying nothing. These kids will go nowhere in life being a follower. And am saying to parents, if there is bullying at your children's school and your little precious is doing nothing or saying nothing, you have got a little non-entity on your hands. They should join the Republican party asap.

• true

• yes bullying is getting very outta hand.

• Thank you for this post. I hate bullying too.

• This is why we can't have nice things

• Honestly I think getting bullied is apart of growing up. It's where you discover the type of person you want to be and how to cope with others. There has always been bullies but now there is so much light being brought to it. Suicide and cutting are increasing because that is what bullying victims are being told to to do.

• "Suicide and cutting are increasing because that is what bullying victims are being told to to do."

Woah woah now.. best not be using common sense on this thread unless you want to be drowned in the tears of nobodys.

• @FĂ˝rdracaDĂłcincel
      I didn't realize how much of a jerk I sounded here. But what I meant is that suicide and cutting surround teens on the internet making it seem like one of the best ways to cope. We need to help push this outta their heads and tech them better ways, liking solving it. They need to learn to stand up for themselves like they'll need to do in the real world.

• I agree

• Bullying will never end, people are always gonna have a hater or someone who's jealous. The best thing we can do is grow stronger instead of letting the bully get to us. Stand up for yourself and others if they can't defend themselves but don't let them get dependent on you.

• Amen have to agree it all needs to come to an end, fatshaming, skinnyshaming ALL of IT

• More from Girls
    1