Love Yourself

In this myTake I’m going to tell you my advice, hope it might help

Love Yourself

1. Stop criticizing yourself!

We are our worst critics and we tend to compare ourselves with people who seem to have it all.

Most of us try to fit into society and act as a different person just to be accepted.

1.1 No one judges as much as you think

I have a close friend who is nearly always thinking that nearly everyone is judging her. They don’t. People are way too selfish, to care that much about a stranger.

Most people are living in their own world and won’t even notice the things you have in your head.

1.2 Stop comparing yourself in an unhealthy way.

Realize that we all are humans and every one of us have their own problems, appreciate the hard work everyone puts in their own life and let it go.

It worked out for them, great, but just because that`s someone else’s path in life, doesn`t mean it has to be yours.

Compare yourself to your past self. See what you have already reached in life and where you are standing now. Look at your success.

"Don`t force yourself to be perfect. Nobody is perfect!"-Me

2. Work towards the future you want for yourself.

Plan out your life, set goals and figure out why you want this, to do list are really helpful by the way, get your ass up and don’t give up. Change something.

Change is important and healthy.

Learn to let go of negativity and try to be positive -Be grateful

Figure out what makes you happy and what you want to reach in your life.

Where do you want to be in a few years?

Your journey to your goal should be full of happiness, realize that happiness is not something you get through being “perfect”. Be happy while processing your goal. Don’t waste your time hating yourself when you can love yourself and work towards your goals.

Love Yourself

Great things need time.

3. Take care of yourself!

You are the first person in your life and so it`s your job to take care of yourself. If you don´t do it, who the fuck will? Improve yourself to be the best you that you can be.

3.1 Looks

Feeling good about yourself and the way you look, can be pretty helpful in the journey of loving yourself. Your appearance allows you to present your personality, the way you want it.

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. The magic behind beauty is, that first of all beauty is in the eye of the beholder and moreover you must find yourself beautiful.

It`s your life, your body and you have to be happy when looking in the mirror. You alone.

3.2. Self-Care

Moreover self-care doesn`t only have to be about looks and fancy clothes, self-care is also making sure that you do things in your life that makes you happy.

Eat healthy and do sport, it can be whatever makes you happy. You love basketball, then go out and do it or if you don`t maybe just go for a long walk every day.

Your body is your temple and you should treat it well.

Keep care of your body and your health. Stay hydrated and eat well.

Don`t have to do a died, healthy eating means that you aren`t eating fast food every day, healthy eating is to take care of what you eat and still eat things that you want to eat. Just have an eye on your eating habits.

You deserve to feel good. Be selfish sometimes and take the time for yourself! Take time to make your soul happy. Don`t allow negativity to be part of your life. If something is bothering you, cut it off.

I also like to clean, because when my environment is clean my head is in peace. It makes me feel good.

Love Yourself

4. You're unique and great therefore love yourself!

Self-Love isn`t only liking your appearance but also loving yourself as a person.

You are a unique human being. You have a personality.

First of all figure out who you are, well if you don’t know it.

Spend time alone and look at your thoughts you have. Watch out how you react in certain situations, look at how you feel and then analyze why you feel that way.

Figure out who you really are. What do you truly wish for? What are your dreams? What defines who you are? What has power over you? Do you let anyone else define who you are? What are topics you care about?

If you know who you are accept this person.

You can`t expect others to accept you if you can`t even do it on your own.

Accept who you are and why you are this way.

Doesn`t mean you should stay this way. If you are totally happy with yourself, then let it be.

But we all have some aspects we would like to improve. Some also have aspects we would like to change.

Figure out who you want to be and then figure out how you could become this person you want to be. Not meaning you should imitate someone, but work towards being the best you, you could be.

5. Don't you dare to listen to others! They are not the ones walking in your shoes!

Everyone has their own story, some have more to tell, some less. Everyone sees the world differently. There is only one you in this world.

"Got everybody watchin' what I do; Come walk in my shoes and see the way I'm livin' if you really want to" -Rihanna , Live your life

Love Yourself

6. Breathe, enjoy life and Love Yourself

...Unless you have a better idea tho

2541
melanieeeB is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. The saddest thing anyone can do to cause the to have depression is compare themselves to others, and to wonder if someone's "judgment" of them means that they are worthless and use that to measure their self worth. My brother is suffering, because he wants to be married with 6 kids, but he is single and 34. He judges himself on the basis of how my mom judges him, so he stays depressed and can't get out.
    2. working towards a career is a good idea... but my brother thinks that once he has "reason" to work towards a career then he will... until then he will be "depressed" and blame everyone for his problems and go and drink. Don't do that. Just work towards your career so that you have enough money to be living a decent life.
    3. Yes please take care of yourself, exercise for physical health but also do stuff for your mental, spiritual and emotional health as well. Learn to read books on how to empathize with yourself and others (nonviolent communication), learn to grow your spiritual health (if you are a Christian, read "the search for significance") and also your mental health needs some thing like a good friend or two.
    4. yes everyone is important and special and have a part to play in this life, don't shame yourself. Just grow from your mistakes. Don't shame others. Just let them know your feeling, and tell them why you thought it was wrong but remember what you think is wrong might be right for them. I had a problem with this old lady, she had her son climb up the slide and my son coming down the slide. she was not monitoring her child, and my son hit her son accidentally. I made my son apologize but she was not happy and she called me all sorts of names and lashed out at me as if I was "evil" and she was the "victim" but what I did was RIGHT in my eyes... and what she did which is shaming and degrading and bullying was WRONG in my eyes... but I just ignored her and let her go on her way while she continued to bully my son every once in a while... remember GOD will fight for you... you need only to be still. Be able to have the nonviolent communication when people are being violent and extremely HATEFUL.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 40

• Self love is cutting my thighs and putting out cigarettes on my arms for all my disgusting flaws. Self love is going to the beach at night and watching the stars before passing out drunk on the sand. Self love is reminding myself to cut deeper every time a friend ghosts me

• I commend the spirit of the topic, though have issue with a couple/few things:

- critcism and ridiculte are different things. Command of language is important.

- listen to all. Use what has use to you.

- the 'unique' thing is a bit trite. We're all out of kindergarten, right?

• Well still we are unique, not meaning special as hell but everyone is different and no one is exactly like the other one

• Look everyone is really different in personality and looks too, like I said again not meaning special as hell different but small differences that define you as a person

• As I intimated, people are oftenly trivially different.

• Great Take!.. I'm still learnin to love myself and not be validated by people's opinions...

• I just have a question.

Why are there only girls here?

• Very true.

Too many people spend their time obsessing over what other people think of them.

• As the great Winnie the Pooh said

• Why should I love myself when all my attempts at self improvement fail?

• Well maybe just try a new way for self improvement

• Like how? I got a master's degree in cyber security and no job. I quit my full time job for a three-month cyber security contract for experience and still no luck. Now, I'm currently unemployed.

• Well when you're unemployed then go out and search for a job, see how you could represent yourself the best way and work on your resume

• Good take. A lot of people need to hear this more often.

• This is partly true. But trust yourself is not a good strategy. Human being is sinful and errornous. Better trust Jesus and try to imitate him. And he and his word has the right to criticize you. Don't bury our heads in the sand.

• Yes I agree with a lot of your take on life. If you don't love your self how can you love someone else.. Thank you I enjoyed your thoughts xxc

• I'm sure this myTake isn't trash, but I don't feel like reading it, but I want the xper, so thanks anyway.

• A quote I live by: only you have the power to affect how you feel / react.

• Very well written thanks for sharing this MyTake of yours :D :-D

• To feel loved is to express love first to someone else , then once reciprocated, others that feel your love for them will show you how well you're loved back.

• I tried. I only ended up more disappointed and sad. I'm not someone to be loved, by myself or someone else.

• Well here it is... until you have self acceptance you will be incomplete

• Thanks, I needed that today

• Nice 👍

• Interesting

• More from Guys
    20

What Girls Said 24

• I like practical advices ad here are some. Really nice writing.

• thank you! i have social anxiety and it can be hard to love myself

• Thanks for the advice.
    I'm already my own favourite person though.

• Nice Take :)

• Thank you it was helpful

• Nice take :)

• Thank you so much for this!

• Nailed it!

• Wow i like that 😊

• Great advice!

• Thank you

• This is absolutely lovely and so true :)

• Very nice myTake, I like it :) 👍

• It meant learn to let go with a good logic.

• i really liked the way you explained everything and for a while i was captivated and thought life is so easy on the basis how you put it so easily but when i think of it now our life is just like playing a video game and we all are busy to get more out of it

• I needed this

• Great take

• Great mytake—still working on not hating myself, lol... but yeah, good mytake :)

• I love me long time. lol

• Thanks. Interesting I think. lol

• More from Girls
    4