I Am a WGHOW- Woman Going Her Own Way: Here's Why...

I just don't want to be involved with men and sadly, I'm straight.

How it started....

I used to be fat. It was the most harshest time of my life. I was mocked, ridiculed. I was constantly shamed. You know who meted out most insults towards me? Men. Yes. Men.

Guys were downright mean to me. They didn't want to be friends with me. I was bullied by them in school. They acted as if I'm invisible. Girls on other hand, were constantly there to support me (with extreme rare exceptions).

When I started working out in a gym, it was men who made it awkward. They used to smirk when I struggled with machines but never once bothered to help. Their face used to contort in disgust when I passed by.

Be it gym or anywhere else, guys only cared about hot chicks. Guys were the shallowest.

Whereas Women....

When I started working out and dieting, women around me were extremely supportive and encouraging. I owe my weight loss to women around me. In the gym, a few kind girls helped me with my workouts and gave me useful tips.

I had a lesbian friend and her friend who was a bi girl showed interest in me. My lesbian friend is quite active for the LGBTQ community so she introduces me to these people all the time. There were times when girls have shown romantic interest in me, despite my weight.

Whereas guys didn't, and they thought it was perfectly okay to be mean to someone just because you're not attracted to them.

When I lost weight...

The behaviour of women didn't change. They were just as kind and friendly as before. Girls still continued to show romantic interest in me. Albeit slightly more than before.

Guys on other hand......

Guys suddenly wanted to befriend me. They started smiling when I passed by. They tried to chat me up. The number of guys approaching me online and offline skyrocketed. Guys who used to ignore me started warming up to me. Just because of my looks. It made me realise that guys are shallowest.

Guy logic: be hot or else sod off.

I never felt like going out with any guy who asked me out because I would wonder....

Did he ask me out because he genuinely likes me? Would he still ask me out if I were fat? What if he wouldn't? Then it means he's with me for looks only.

It all just made me disgusted by the male sex. This blatant shallowness. It is not just me, social experiments like wearing fat suit on tinder dates prove the same results. This is why I don't want to associate myself with men.

Alas I am straight or else I would've gladly dated the girls who asked me out- because they saw inner me and not my looks.

I don't date men and I associate myself as less I can. I have no interest befriending males either. The only males I interact with are my colleagues and I want to keep it like that.

2792

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 92

• It's sad that you don't associate with any men now. You are missing out. I'm proud that the men I know are not so shallow, and it's not like that kind of guy is scarce. I'm glad that you feel empowered from your weight loss. Maybe you will trust men again after you do your thing of being an acronym label for a while. It is great to be single sometimes.

• I hate to disappoint you but WGTOW will never exist because you women are too chicken shit to punk out of society and make it on your own, seriously I know we MGTOWs are bruising a lot of people's egos nowadays but this does not mean you all have the right to imitate us so please stop it.

till then even if WGTOW does rise into existence its just gonna further proof that feminism was a total failure after all

• So you renamed Feminism but have the same old excuses. Not too creative.

• Although that is what you experienced, I think that is unfair to men to generalize your experience to all of us. Plenty of us are happy to help women trying to get into shape or date bigger women.

• So, how many ugly guys did you date? How often have you been the shallow one, the one who took one look at a guy and decided he wasn't the one for you, because of some surface infelicity? In fact, aren't you guilty of the very thing you deplore, rejecting these guys as "shallow", by assuming they rejected you because you were "fat"? No, you aren't standing on any moral high ground, here. You're four years old, going "Nyah, nyah! My toys are better, now. but you can't play with me!"

You weren't desirable before, because you didn't take care of yourself. Now, you've gotten past that. I congratulate you on the hurdle, but I'm afraid it's given you an overinflated sense of self-worth. You're not dating material yet. When you set aside your unreasoned hatred, THEN you might dip a toe back in that pol. In the meantime, please keep up the workouts. Better an arrogant ass in good shape than a morose one in bad shape. If nothing else, it improves the view.

• I like how you're assuming things here.

I've dated guys who society thought were ugly. But it didn't work out in once case and in other, the guy cheated with a hot chick.

• And fat guys feel exactly the same way you do...
    Which means some people are just shallow man or woman...

• WGHOW is just women who can't get dick at all and if you can't get dick as a woman there must definitely be something wrong with you

• Copy cat initiative. Nothing new about that. If they were genuinely going there own way, what would be their problem? Are they fed up with their privilege in politics, media, law, dating, relationships and marriage?

• Well it is your right not to enter relationships and not become a mother if you want. However, all men don't think as you may assume. Some men care about women far more than her physical appearance.

• I used to be a shy, skinny kid. No girls liked me then, some would mock me too. I worked on my confidence and put on some muscle, and their reactions changed in the same way men's reactions changed for you. That's just how it works - when you become more attractive people take more notice of you. I can't really understand the bitterness towards those people though that I notice many people have after they've improved their situation and start to get more attention, and the attitude of "they wouldn't have liked me back then so fuck them". If I was a woman I wouldn't have wanted to date me either back then. I think the trouble is that people are told all of this bullshit about how we're all perfect the way we are, we're all special snowflakes, people should love you for you no matter what. That's not how it works and it's a weak attitude for lazy people.

• So u would date a guy that was as fat as u were? Ya right 🙄 women are just as shallow.

• Yes I would and I tried to when I were far myself

• Love can't start 'till attraction does. Being overweight is simply unattractive.

The whole WGHOW thing is an over reaction. But whateves, as long as you're happy.

You could always switch-hit too. :)

• People suck, fact of life. We could all stand to be less horrible to each other, but with things having gotten to the point of MGTOW and now apparently WGHOW, I want nothing to do with anybody.

• You go girl! But men are opting out of long term relationships, don't take it personal, it is not just you. This is happening all over the world. Japan calls these men "Grass Eaters". The birth rates are at an all time low, in fact in America the birth rate is as low as the 1800's.
    Mother nature is doing a little population control I suppose... aka the Mouse Utopia Experiment.
    www.foxnews.com/.../why-men-wont-marry.html
    Perhaps we should now call it PGTOW... People going their own way.

• lol

what a joke, women always try to copy men, even anti-feminist movements.

• But I actually really don't like feminism :/ actually I just don't like liberals

• HEY Guys aren’t all like that over generalize us again I dare ya 😡 I dated several girls who were over weight and they were beautiful in their own way but I loved them so it doesn’t matter you were just around self centered egotistical assholes

• I can beat this entire MyTake to the floor with a single statement.

By this logic, every free relationship that ever happened was 100% shallow and non-genuine.

• there's a appathitical and conditional way to meet people that are assholes in life... Be one yourself. This will definitaly illicit that type of response

• why does everybody make their mundande confessions and realizations a social movement these days xD

• More from Guys
    52

What Girls Said 27