I Am a WGHOW- Woman Going Her Own Way: Here's Why...

I just don't want to be involved with men and sadly, I'm straight.

How it started....

I used to be fat. It was the most harshest time of my life. I was mocked, ridiculed. I was constantly shamed. You know who meted out most insults towards me? Men. Yes. Men.

Guys were downright mean to me. They didn't want to be friends with me. I was bullied by them in school. They acted as if I'm invisible. Girls on other hand, were constantly there to support me (with extreme rare exceptions).

When I started working out in a gym, it was men who made it awkward. They used to smirk when I struggled with machines but never once bothered to help. Their face used to contort in disgust when I passed by.

Be it gym or anywhere else, guys only cared about hot chicks. Guys were the shallowest.

Whereas Women....

When I started working out and dieting, women around me were extremely supportive and encouraging. I owe my weight loss to women around me. In the gym, a few kind girls helped me with my workouts and gave me useful tips.

I had a lesbian friend and her friend who was a bi girl showed interest in me. My lesbian friend is quite active for the LGBTQ community so she introduces me to these people all the time. There were times when girls have shown romantic interest in me, despite my weight.

Whereas guys didn't, and they thought it was perfectly okay to be mean to someone just because you're not attracted to them.

When I lost weight...

The behaviour of women didn't change. They were just as kind and friendly as before. Girls still continued to show romantic interest in me. Albeit slightly more than before.

Guys on other hand......

Guys suddenly wanted to befriend me. They started smiling when I passed by. They tried to chat me up. The number of guys approaching me online and offline skyrocketed. Guys who used to ignore me started warming up to me. Just because of my looks. It made me realise that guys are shallowest.

Guy logic: be hot or else sod off.

I never felt like going out with any guy who asked me out because I would wonder....

Did he ask me out because he genuinely likes me? Would he still ask me out if I were fat? What if he wouldn't? Then it means he's with me for looks only.

It all just made me disgusted by the male sex. This blatant shallowness. It is not just me, social experiments like wearing fat suit on tinder dates prove the same results. This is why I don't want to associate myself with men.

Alas I am straight or else I would've gladly dated the girls who asked me out- because they saw inner me and not my looks.

I don't date men and I associate myself as less I can. I have no interest befriending males either. The only males I interact with are my colleagues and I want to keep it like that.

2792

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not a specific gender that is shallow, rather it's shallow people that are shallow. It's a superficial world and so that's why they tend to judge a book by it' cover, and to be frank, I find it to be fucking awful. But it is what it is and how it is with this kind of a world. The way I see it, too many people are deluded and only focus or focus excessively on the physical appearances of someone, not realizing and not able to see the entire full picture. Physical appearances are NEVER going to last forever, they can and will change with time and aging. One should ask themselves, how fucking certain are they that they'll be "happy" once those appearances fade away. And if not, then what is the point? You'd only be setting yourself up for disappointments and miseries in the future.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 91

• I used to be a shy, skinny kid. No girls liked me then, some would mock me too. I worked on my confidence and put on some muscle, and their reactions changed in the same way men's reactions changed for you. That's just how it works - when you become more attractive people take more notice of you. I can't really understand the bitterness towards those people though that I notice many people have after they've improved their situation and start to get more attention, and the attitude of "they wouldn't have liked me back then so fuck them". If I was a woman I wouldn't have wanted to date me either back then. I think the trouble is that people are told all of this bullshit about how we're all perfect the way we are, we're all special snowflakes, people should love you for you no matter what. That's not how it works and it's a weak attitude for lazy people.

• So u would date a guy that was as fat as u were? Ya right 🙄 women are just as shallow.

• Yes I would and I tried to when I were far myself

• Love can't start 'till attraction does. Being overweight is simply unattractive.

The whole WGHOW thing is an over reaction. But whateves, as long as you're happy.

You could always switch-hit too. :)

• People suck, fact of life. We could all stand to be less horrible to each other, but with things having gotten to the point of MGTOW and now apparently WGHOW, I want nothing to do with anybody.

• You go girl! But men are opting out of long term relationships, don't take it personal, it is not just you. This is happening all over the world. Japan calls these men "Grass Eaters". The birth rates are at an all time low, in fact in America the birth rate is as low as the 1800's.
    Mother nature is doing a little population control I suppose... aka the Mouse Utopia Experiment.
    www.foxnews.com/.../why-men-wont-marry.html
    Perhaps we should now call it PGTOW... People going their own way.

• lol

what a joke, women always try to copy men, even anti-feminist movements.

• But I actually really don't like feminism :/ actually I just don't like liberals

• HEY Guys aren’t all like that over generalize us again I dare ya 😡 I dated several girls who were over weight and they were beautiful in their own way but I loved them so it doesn’t matter you were just around self centered egotistical assholes

• I can beat this entire MyTake to the floor with a single statement.

By this logic, every free relationship that ever happened was 100% shallow and non-genuine.

• there's a appathitical and conditional way to meet people that are assholes in life... Be one yourself. This will definitaly illicit that type of response

• why does everybody make their mundande confessions and realizations a social movement these days xD

• Fat men would have gone tbrough similar experiences.

• Sorry to hear that, congrats on your weight loss, and good luck with what you choose to do with your life!

Although, I must say, I can guarantee that not every guy is like that. Consequently, I'd suggest, since you said that you are straight, and would have accepted dates from girls if you were lesbians, that you don't give up on finding someone.
    It will likely take lots of time and effort, but if you continue to be social, requiring much from potential partners, you can probably separate the wheat from the chaff.
    Your choice tho

• Great job on the weight loss, but please don’t give up on men. There are plenty of great ones. They’re just harder to find sometimes.

• And? You sound just like the whiny MGOTW movement types.

• while i don't agree with everything you've said, i can see how you arrived at this conclusion about men after just reading some of the answers given by men. how creepy and embarrassing:

"you could always switch hit"
    "That's your loss and indicates shallowness and delusion"
    "Being overweight is simply unattractive"
    "it is hard wired instinct"
    "You are missing out"
    "Men want to make sure that the potential mother of their children is healthy and capable of caring for multiple brats while cooking, cleaning, laundry, and taking care of our "needs", too."
    "I love thick women lol"
    "women's judgment of a man's worth is much worse and more shallow"
    "if you can't get dick as a woman there must definitely be something wrong with you"

i guess most men truly are pigs. i hope you some day encounter some who aren't and are able to pursue a relationship with one if you choose

• First, you are generalizing. Second, double standards. I've been through hell and back in elementary and high school. People suck, both sexes. There's just seems to be more horrible people than nice people. People love to put down others to make them feel big. I did not say that's the I'm not talking to all people lol. I know there so e good people out there. And then there's the fat thing, don't get offended, it's my opinion. Fat usually equals to " I don't give a shit about myself or my health. There's people that have diseases and can't lose weight. Then there's the people that are fat because they addicted to lazyness, and bad food, or too much food. Just cause it tastes amazing doesn't mean it's good for you. Know that you took "care" of yourself, you body thanks you, hopefully you are happier, healthier and a better version of yourself. Life is meant to be lived, so live life!

• What made you want to lose weight? If it was so guys wouldn't be mean to you, then you got it. If that's not enough to satisfy you then your expectations are too high.

• There are good guys out there, maybe, somewhere. Just think yourself lucky, there could have been plenty of pointless romances, and all the bad sex, you missed out on.

There are ladies only gyms in Oz, they are really useful for most women, no one wants to exercise with people gawking and ridiculing them.

The other thing to think about is the guy that never harmed you and treats you with respect, fate made you meet, now not 15 years ago, you shouldn't punish him because he was never nasty to you in the first place.

• Men are attracted to looks. That's it. If you can't stand that then leave and don't come back when you're 45 and alone! ✌️

• Women do the exact same thing, if anything, worse.
    Women who are 4's or 5's can act like they're 10's just by posting a bikini selfie on instagram and no matter how ugly they are everyone will be like OMG SO BEAUTIFUL and they won't accept any guy who isn't 6'3 and rich, and ride the cock carousel throughoutt their 20s. once their eggs start drying up then they con you into marriage, complain that they're not happy, divorce you and take everything that a MAN has worked for because courts are fucking sexist.

• Sad to see men woudln't give you time of day when you were overweight. But as soon as you started losing the weight, they took notice of you and quickly took notice.

• WGHOW is nothing new , " I don't need no man " " a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle " and so on , has been female popular culture for decades. As you point out , yes women generally do support other women and form very close friendships ( men generally do not with each other ). Another female advantage in staying singe , is a far lower sex drive than your male counterparts.

I am saddened by and sorry to read your bad experiences , but girls / women are equally as mean and nasty towards boys /men and just as shallow. People in general are mostly a negative.

• Sorry this happened to you. It's rather shocking to me cause I don't see any of my male friends being this way.

• Excellent. Like they say to MGTOW, why aren't you gone yet. BYEEE.

• First, just like with MGTOW, I think judging the opposite sex as if they are all the same is just immature and a waste of time.

Second, of course people will judge your appearance. Few people want to date fat people because it's often unattractive and unhealthy. It's natural selection, adapt or perish. I'm the type of guy to be shallow, but appearance is important, not everybody is beautiful unlike these body positive morons will tell you.

Now, something that I admire in your story, is that you had the courage to actually lose weight instead of joining the body positivity and be a lazy slob.

Once again, not every men are like this. There are a lot of genuinely good men out there and you're missing out a big opportunity, especially if you would like to experience couple life. I would suggest to think about it and try to meet guys at parties with your friends, not necessarily for dating, but just to see that indeed there are some nice guys out there.

• "appearance is important, not everybody is beautiful unlike these body positive morons will tell you"

Amazing. You're probably the first person I've seen that isn't one of those 'body positive morons'. But then again, I live in Massachusetts which is a liberal cesspool.

• @SkittleMayn May god have mercy on you, living amongst liberals... I hope they are not all libtards...

• Lol, I love how MGTOW was a reaction to feminism and WGHOW is a reaction to MGTOW.

• Look at it from a hunter-gatherer perspective. An overweight person means less active, hire maintenance, unhealthy. So a male hunter who considered mating with that woman is going to have to work harder just to copulate. She would also require more work (hunting) to keep her fed. Let alone all the other things required for rearing a family.
    Modern society is battling our baser instincts in that you don't need to be fit to survive. In some ways, our instincts are correct regarding rates of obesity, we're not well suited for sedentary lifestyles.

For both guys and girls, in my opinion, you increase attractiveness just by being within healthy BMI. There are many other factors that play into it besides weight.

I think you find people who can't find gainful employment, disabled, diseased, criminals, and others face similar discrimination. Life is harsh even in peacetime.

• Better than the MGTOW crowd, I will say that

• so you're a dike now?

• That's how it starts for most men: they're fat.

• Show more from Guys
    31

What Girls Said 27