How to Handle Bullying

I saw a little girl get bullied today and so I wanted to get this also out for you guys, already told this girls to stop.

First of all, I know how it feels, I have been there and it's thankfully in the past. Because this part will end.

In short, I’m so glad that we didn’t had much access to social media back then, so I only had to deal with mean comments, jokes and girls trying to lock me into the toilet and guys following me home and trying to push me of my bike and all that. Plus comments that I’m stupid and ugly from my own family.

->So here is my advice for you on how to deal with that shit; disclaimer, this is mostly based on school Bullying

1-Talk to someone

One teacher of mine once heard the things they used to call me and she got so angry that she called them out on their behavior and I swear the next week was pretty calm and after that I must honestly say they started again, but it was only them making jokes.

So yes don’t be scared to talk to a teacher, a teacher who understands and who does care to make something better. Also If you have a good relationship with your parents, go talk to them! Go and tell them what’s going on.

->Raise awareness of your situation!

How to Handle Bullying

Communication is key. You could say it on your own or let the teacher make a lesson about bullying, that it is hurtful and about the outcome of bullying. I do believe that talking about this topic more, could help more people.

->Here, if you see someone getting bullied, say something. It can be as easy as just saying they should stop making fun of this person.

To add, I have a little sister and I already see that this is already a think and when you have little kids, just alone telling them to not be mean, because they could hurt someone and also that they would not want that happening to them, does help to raise awareness in a pretty young age.

2-Don’t listen and ignore them

When I got this advice back then it sounded so stupid to me, like how the hell should this help me. It literally does. The thing is if you don’t show that it is bothering you, they will eventually get bored and stop.

Also one big deal, while you ignore them, you have to learn to love yourself and get your confidence up, cause if you don’t care about the opinion of others, then you won’t even really hear them and it won’t bother you anymore. It won’t hurt you, cause you will know that there is more to life.

How to Handle Bullying

3-Perfection is boring

Remember that you don’t have to follow anything and it’s not important to fit in. you are you, the way you are and you are the only person who has the right to judge yourself.

You are your own person and it is your life. You should be happy and only you can define who you are.

Just cause someone tells you you’re weird or whatever, doesn’t mean it’s true! You define who you are. It’s that easy.

Life will not be defined by those few years.

Your life should not be defined by the words of some stupid classmates. Because you know what, after school this won’t have any meaning anymore.

When school is over, you will start your life and some years after that, it won’t matter. You won’t be in contact with them and start with university or work and there you will meet new people and you will figure out that being different, is actually pretty amazing.

How to Handle Bullying

4-Love Yourself

I started by ignoring what they said to me and tell stuff to my own. Like I used to get called ugly and I would go home, stand in front of the mirror and start telling myself what I like about me.

It started with a simple my hair is beautiful and plus I definitely have a better personality …duh!

Furthermore people reflect their own insecurities on others.

The people who bully you, are self-conscious too and they are human too. Everyone is and some day they will also learn that it was not a good idea and that bullying is not a good thing…cause Karma

This was how it started and here it takes time, Good things need time and if you want to read more about LoveYourself read my last myTake: https://www.girlsaskguys.com/other/a51838-how-to-love-yourself

Moreover, people will receive you the way you present yourself. If you love yourself and show it by being you, people will get the vibe and know they can’t fuck with you.

-> don’t let yourself get pressured into sex or drugs or alcohol! If you don’t want to do something, then don’t do it. Be stronger by saying no to the things you don’t want to do.

->treat everyone the way you want to be treated

Be kind, because revenge is not the solution and yes trust me Karma will take care of everyone.

615
melanieeeB is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• Wonderful take! I used to handle bullying by ignoring them or joining in on the fun, they hated it :D I was confident and self conscious enough to make fun of myself and the bullies had to be disappointed not getting a rise out of me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Thank you for your mytake! I was actually cyberbullied here on GAG by two people. Reading this made me feel better.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 14

• Good take!.. I especially felt the part about there not bein social media around cause that amplifies it big time.. LOL.. But yeah.. Good advice.. Usually the kids I grew up wit always tried to make jokes back.. Lol..

• I suffered a lot as a young child, martial arts, music, and art saved my life, it gave me purpose, discipline, and strength in character. It is always important to have an outlet in life to release negative energy, and fill the well up with peace and happiness.

• Thank you for sharing this with us. I know all about being bullied cause i was a bully victim and i know what a victim goes through it's not easy. Best wishes and I appreciate your MyTake. Take care !!!

• Very good Take. It's hard to handle bullying by yourself, even if you are able to ignore them to prevent them getting a rise out of you.

• Double jab, left hook, right uppercut.

Works every goddamned time, and nothing else works as good.

• When I was a kid my Dad just told me to smack them in the nose, and that worked for me.

• i was always worried the parents would press charges and my parents would get in trouble.

• @VIVANT

Yeah I remember when he first told me to do that I said "well what if I get in trouble", he just told me to tell them to speak to him if they have a problem with it. It works a lot better than just telling a teacher despite being taught that "violence isn't the answer". I think the way most people are taught to deal with bullying just makes people more passive and easy to bully.

• yeah telling teachers does poop.

mostly they see it as a character flaw in the person getting hassled and even if they intervene just makes it worse.

• Learn to knock somebody's block off in self defense and the Bulling Will stop

• I started working out when I was younger and was feared, so no bullying from grade 8 on.
    I was a mean f*cker if you tried to mess with me.

• Or you can toughen up and use your 2 hands god gave you and rock him in his jaw?

Forreal tho why do people think telling anyone about it will help just defend yourself. Bullies will always exist its animal instict to pick on the weak and defenseless. You need to show your not free game for this bully to beat up on and stand up for yourself. Even if you lose (If you lose badly then nothing will change btw) but even if you lose believe it or not you got some respect from that bully and he'd think twice before coming back to bully you knowing he's gonna have a rough time trynna punk you.

• kill the others

• kick them where it hurts

• Just a thought. trump is in the white house right? Do you believe this society takes the problem of bullying seriously. LOL We Honor Bullys!

• I just wish someone had a real answer. This is regurgitated shit that's been on the internet for years and years and apparently hasn't fixed a damned thing. It's getting worse, not better.

• Keep punching back. It worked for me

What Girls Said 5

• The only way I was able to deal with the bullies at my last school was by moving. Yeah, talking to someone and ignoring them sort of helped, but it didn't stop it.

• Kill them with kindness. For example it happens to me all the time here lately I’m just chill or nice about it.

• Here's some advice:
    Kick their asses. Outside of school of course.

• Remove them from you life.

• Could have used this years ago :D the it doesn't matter after school part is just so true! Kids school is not the end of the world just one small part of your life. Get over it