Hip dips, what do guys think of them?

Hip dips are when there is a dip in the break between where your hip joins the leg. It can be just a smooth curved line or there is a dip. Google image if you can be asked (I can't post link) Personally I hate my stupid hip dips and am expending every effort in doing squats/leg lifts to get rid of them!!!
Hip dips, what do guys think of them?
what are hip dips?
what are hip dips?
fat covers hip dips
fat covers hip dips

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• In my honest opinion, I'm down for a girl with a bit of dip hips. I've even seen some girls use it to a curvaceous advantage. And boy, were they something.

Love yourself for who you are. Don't let what you have and who you are get you down.

0|0
    0|0
  • You mean below the love handles? thats a thing? Squats won't help you get rid of that, bells would.

2|2
    1|0
    • bells? yeahh squats I do for my butt mainly and leg lifts for the dips

• Show All
    • i meant hands...

• no, lol not love handles. These aren't caused by fat. They're basically like being double jointed at the hip. you either have a little dip like the girl in the picture or you dont

Most Helpful Girls

• I know what you're talking about... I have it too. I kinda wish I didn't and hat my hips came out so it wouldn't take away from my butt.

But at the sametime it can be pretty sexy.

0|1
    0|0
    • Honestly you shouldn't waiste your time you can excersise you want but it won't change its not like it's a muffin top. Even if you're in the best shape of your life you'll still have the dip/where it caves in because that is your bone structure. It just depends on where our waist starts and how curvy we are then hips eventually start but in the middle is our dip because we have a wider waiste.

what is hip dips
      hip types

It's just the way you were born your body structure and honestly none of s can change it.

• Maybe i can't change them completely, but there is a muscle running along those hip dips, working it will make it larger and hence maybe will reduce the size of the dip

• That thing makes me sick. I've got it on me. On me it looks so disgusting, on others it usually doesn't look too bad lucky for them haha.
    I've got those back dimple things above my butt to which is just as gross as those hip dips. As you can see, the gods were smiling on me when my body was created lol.

1|0
    3|0
    • Huh? Back dimples? Disgusting?
      Omg I swear to god guys go wild for those? Lol I have back dimples, I love them it shows you have muscle tone, so it would be logical to think that guys think theyre attractive

• Show All
    • Back dimples are 😍😍😍😍😍

• @MsMusic about 15%-20% of people have them, I do too and I absolutely hate them. I can't bend over else my "buttcrack" shows.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 90

• Don't see anything bad about them.

I'm gonna go cry about my lower ribs sticking out slightly now.

5|2
    0|0
  • Is this the new "thigh gap" worry for girls? I hope not. Girls don't need one more thing about their bodies to worry about. These dips just aren't an issue.

3|0
    0|0
  • I like a woman with curves and some people may look at certain things as imperfections i view them as unique qualities because despite what some men think no two women are the same so I try to find that one thing that makes you different from all the rest so if its the dips in your hips flaunt them curves baby you are beautiful just the way God made you

0|0
    0|0
  • Men like "love handles". Never heard of this "hip dip" term before.

I can't stand, however, how girls pull their bikini bottom really high up on the hips though. Looks horrid.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a guy/results

Also, I doubt many men care whether or not you have hip dips.

0|0
    0|0
  • Jesus Christ, is there anything women don't hate about themselves?

4|0
    0|0
  • No they are not. Let's stop this before they become the next thigh gap.

4|1
    1|0
  • Guys don’t care. I don't know about girls though. It sounds like this is a repeat of the thigh gap fad. Women y’all gotta stop doing that to yourselves

0|0
    0|0
  • I never notice them until someone mentions them.
    I didn't even know they existed until i came here on GirlsAskGuys.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, means you don't work out your gluteus, I have that aswell and I lost weight for about 50 pounds and still have them, it's also a genetical thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not sure... in one way its good grip to do her... and the other way its like you want the other type too.. lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm indifferent, don't see why there would be a fuss about them.

0|0
    0|0
  • They're hardly noticeable and even really fit women have them slightly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yet another think women obsess about and I could care less about.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like them, they show a girl is muscular (because they literally are your muscles). And muscles are hot.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men look at women like holes. Women are "whole" and make us, whole, too, but not when we treat them like wholes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hip dips or not, the lady pictured looks just great to me. Worry more about yoir figure in general.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care about these things. The things that I see in a girl are
    1 maturity
    2 understanding
    3 polite
    4 caring
    5 beautiful
    6 well educated

1|0
    0|0
  • Are they even a thing? I don't think so. And no I don't have those

0|0
    0|0
  • Those thighs make up for it thanks god. You need a good eating. You're a tasty girl.

0|0
    1|1
  • No, we don't. I didn't know about them until my ex explained me what it is and even today I don't care about them. Is just a girl thing

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not a fan of them, but its not that significant.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont think so yiur flaws make you beautiful i always say so dont worry about it to much

0|0
    0|0
  • Loads of my female friends have hip dips, it's just part of what makes you who you are. I personally think it makes the curves look better tbh

0|0
    0|0
  • No I don't have them, or maybe a bit I do? They're not bad. Weird that anyone would think they are.

0|0
    0|0
  • If i had to choose i would choose no dips. But of course its not important.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys don't mind them at all. I personally little things like that charming and sexy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think id need another photo cause i dont know what hip dips are. That woman just looks normal.

0|0
    0|0
  • A guy that is not shallow don't care about your defects that you think you might have

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 50

• I don’t, but one of my girlfriends does and she used to think it was due to fat - not just her body shape. She lost so much weight and got really sick but still had them, it’s just a natural body shape. There is nothing at all wrong with them

0|0
    0|0
  • I have hip dips and I absolutely love them. I think that they accentuate the lower hip joint in a way that is sexy and they make the torso longer in a way that is slimming and athletic looking. I think they are extremely feminine, just a DIFFERENT kind of feminine. When I look at that drawing of the two body types the one on the left to me looks like a woman built to be a warrior and on the other side it looks like a woman built to be a mother. Nothing wrong with either one.
    If it helps, you can maybe see it the way I do and instead of trying to imagine that further hip curve on the right onto your body, just realize that you essentially have a longer torso, your hips are lower and your waist longer, I wear longer cut shirts that rest just at the bottom of the "dip" over my pants and this makes my hips appear to be more sudden and less like I have a weird muffin top. I will sometimes even wear my belt on my jeans where my hip dip is, rather than where the loops are because in my eyes, that is where my torso stops and my ass begins. My boyfriend and all my boyfriendstuff before him have told me I have an incredible ass (almost obsessively), they never have seen my hips as weird or my "muffin tops"as prominent.
    I will however state that in any case where I must tuck in my shirt, my torso cannot maintain this long look because pants are not designed for hip dips and they come up too high

0|1
    0|0
  • I thought I was the only one experiencing this problem. I hate them. But when my butt is more worked out it lifts, so my overall body shape turns to an hourglass, which is what I want. I thought hip dips are created because of the flabby butt, aren't they?

0|0
    0|0
  • god, i used to hate mine SO FUCKING MUCH. I considered surgery to fill the gaps in so my hips could have more curve. but hey, nothing wrong with some dip.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hip dips are completely normal!!! Seriously look it up, it’s basically just because you hips are set higher rather than lower... it’s all good, love your body!!! I have hip dips and I thought it was because I needed to eat more but once I read that it was just because of my body structure, that is wasn’t something I was doing wrong, or some big change I needed to make... it was just me.. and I love them more than ever

0|0
    0|0
  • This is just the way your bone structure is… there isn't anything you can do to change it. i was way underweight and had them and now i am at an average weight and it looks the same. Just own it. Guys will only notice it as an imperfection if you are insecure about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Huh, I have these and I always though they were love handles. I hate them too though, because no matter how much I weigh or what exercise I do, they never go away.

And here's a link, because I can XD
    hip dip pictureship dip example

1|0
    0|0
  • I think most women who have an ass, have hip dips. at last a little

even Jeniffer Lawrence has them. I noticed it the other day.

So now Im not so worried about it lol

by the way those on that photo are some major dips. Im talking about something a bit subtler.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can see why it'd be acceptable, but I don't get the guys saying it's sexy. I have it, and I see it as perhaps my biggest flaw. It turns an otherwise hourglass figure into... Something straightish, I don't know. I'm doing squats, too, to try to get rid of them.

0|0
    0|0
    • Side leg lifts help a lot too!

• Show All
    • Yes lol and thats a very good case scenario! But be careful with knees though anyway, doing squats too much can damage them!

• Yep good luck to you :)

• do guys like hip dips
    Guys don't care about shit like that.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have them, I don't hate them. I think they're just part of my body structure, so I don't mind them.

0|0
    0|0
  • For years I thought I had a weird body but I also recently found out that a lot of girls have "violin hips" too.
    Sometimes it looks weird when I wear high-waisted jeans

0|0
    0|0
  • I have that.
    I love mine!!! I’m naturally thicker at the bottom but over all, I’m very slim. My hips are wide and my butt is round. I personally feel like the dip makes me look more curvy. I do appreciate it, but sometimes it’s hard finding a good pair of genes that fit my body type. Short + slim-thick people should have a true pant size because most of the time petite is still too long and only cater to really big girls and super thin girls.
    But anyways, the dips are lovely additions to the female body. Anyone who finds them ugly can kick rocks and go suck a... an eggplant 🍆

1|0
    0|0
    • Ohhh you know the struggle. I'm very short for where I live, 5'1 and most people around here are African American, who tend to be taller than Caucasian people. So the pants are made for taller people. Im also overweight a bit (I'm losing), and I can't ever find a pair of pants that actually fit me. I can buy Capris and they'll either be too long or too short.

• Show All
    • I've heard of stores like that and I'm going to see if I can find one near me soon

• Good luck!!! And maybe try finding a tailor or sometimes a dry cleaning shop with help you with the tailoring (depending on who owns it)

• Oh god, more of this?

It's time to stay off of social media and these ridiculous fads, like the obsession over thigh gap.

1|0
    0|0
  • It’s cute on the girl in the picture! Some people it’s suits, others not so much. But they’re an easy fix depending on how deep they are.

0|0
    0|0
  • lol so obsessed with bullshit thst dont even matter. smfh

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly this is the shit that only girls find, title, and obsess over. Lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have them. Never knew they were something to be concerned about until this question.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have them and it used to bother me a bit. Now not so much. I doubt most guys will care about such a small "imperfection". Don't worry about it :)

0|0
    0|0
  • i have them and i hate them, but guys dont seem to care.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don’t like them and i used to struggle with them. Bells help tho

0|0
    0|0
  • I have them, they don’t look bad at all. I actually feel like they’re pretty and womanly, also something for my mans to hold onto 😜

0|0
    0|0
  • I have them, and I always rather that, than not having them, just because they indicate me when I'm in my healthy weight.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have it too, but it gets less obvious when I gain a little weight.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't get rid of them, because there is no muscle in this area that you could work on.

0|0
    0|0
  • It looks weird but all women who have them got a big ass

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I don't have them but I don't see nothing wrong with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • most girls have them more or less so don't worry about it

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys love it, embrace your body

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes