How do you describe colours to a blind person?

I know it's completely irrelevant but I'm being dead serious. How do you describe a colour to a blind person? I know they can't see but what if that blind person wants to know what colours look like, how do you go about describing it?

45

Most Helpful Guy

• You can only associate colors with feelings that are evoked within you. For example: blue makes me feel sort of sleepy and hypnotized, red makes me feel aggressive and lustful, orange makes me feel somewhat energized but not too much, yellow makes me feel energetic (the sun), white makes me feel pure, black makes me feel lost and confused, brown makes me feel dirty, and yada yada yada

What Guys Said 4

• u cannot... it's technically impossible i guess

• You simply can't. Tell them it's be like trying to describe texture to a person with no sense of touch.

• that would be almost impossible

• You can't. Ask a blind person

What Girls Said 4

• They care more to feel for sounds, voices, outlines, lumps, softnesss, warmth or dampness than colours. Colours are insignificant in their mind perceptions.

• I would help her or him to translate colours in emotional moods, fragrance/smells/scents and temperature (using the fan, iceblock, getting near a fire place)

• I don't think it is possible.

• I have no clue.

• First, how to do you describe a color?