Do you think the British culture is messed up?

I have lived here for 7 years and their culture is heavily biased towards women. i mean British women are very sexist while the men here are too traditional in my opnion. Too many White Knights and all that stuff, people are expected to go back to thier tradidional roles and it's gettting on my nerves lately. When wll UK change into a modern world? i mean other Western countries are already out of their traditional culture and live in a modern society except the UK.

25

Most Helpful Guy

• A modern society sees males and females as equals (like in Sweden), and don't really have "traditional roles". People do what is necessary.

• Yes, people are not equal in UK.

• Hmm... I don't know, then. The majority for example is homophobic, but that might just be the tiny towns where religion is actually still a thing.

• Yes, Eastern Europe is very Homophobic but NOT SEXIST.

What Girls Said 2

• id also say its the opposite, im English and I've never been treated like im on a pedestal and I've never seen anyone be sexist to each other. men and women hold doors for each other and their own genders here out of politeness for example.

• Oh please, men are shunned for hitting women here and calling them names, UK is sexist as fuck.

• both genders are shunned for hitting each other and calling each other names. this sounds like a load of made up dribble especially when i read that you think chavs are open minded, chavs are the worst for being judgmental and aggressive.

• Yes, they are judgmental and aggressive but i haven't seen them being sexist.

• I'd say that it was the opposite. I don't think I've ever been privileged here in England because I'm a woman. I think that, in many ways, we do have a pretty modern culture. The bigger issue than sexism is the amount of racism we have to deal with.

• Racism is a big issue in UK with foreigners.

• The British people are incredibly racist, yes. I think that I've heard more racist remarks than sexist remarks in the UK.

What Guys Said 4

• Wait do you mean men are sexist?

I don't understand, traditional roles for men and woman are sexist, women are housewives, dumb unintelligent etc so why are you saying a culture biased towards women is not out of their traditional culture?

Also I don't agree with you racist comment either, yeah there are racists, like every conutry, and most other european countries are far worse for it.

• Oh please UK has more racists than any other countries in Europe . The hate on foreigners here is really something. I know because I AM a foreigner living here for a long time. Men are sexist because under the British culture you are taught to worship women and do as you are told. Men and Women are not equal in UK either under the law or socially. That's a FACT, this culture is heavily biased towards women.

• Yeh that is what I don't understand, you are saying men are taught to worship women, and that is a traditional role? Nope certainly not in Britain. And yeah I don't agree that to be the case anyway.

I'm honestly not gonna even bother to comment about the racism, yeah it's still bad, but Spain Italy and Eastern Europe especially are much worse.

• You are confusing Homophobia with Racism, UK might not be Homophobic but they are definitely unrivalled in racism towards foreigners. Men here are taught to be White Knights and protect women no matter what etc. Women get way more lenient punishments.

• I never really thought UK culture mixed up - It is just in a transition period - In then end everyone should end up as equal

• I think the opposite. Its mainly chavs who think that.

• You mean the majority of the older population. Chavs seem to be the only people who are living in a modern world.

• You could be living in a housing estate among the chavs lol.

• Lol, what does that comment got to do with anything i am asking?

• Chavs are open minded? Are you serious? Do you live even live in the UK M8?