Why are so many gager's so quick to pull the " im offended card". ?

Is everyone that precious on gager that if someone who's views are in the minority must be so politically correct to ignore their own opinions and beliefs or face being shouted and beat down by the over powering voices of the majority?

52

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a joke when someone actually is being a prick about something, they're called on it and they play the "I'm Offended Card". Can't have it both ways. It's a crutch to have the discussion skew away from the original comment that caused the reaction in the first place. They got caught and hated it, especially on a site like this when you can't edit or delete what was said. :) It's cute.

What Girls Said 4

• I'm just going to quote a take. See if you failed those tests.

"So when is a person being rude and when is a person actually properly utilizing "Everyone is Entitled To Their Opinion"? I offer a two limitus test; if the person fails even one point they are likely being rude:

1. Was saying it necessary to understand the opinion?
    2. Was saying it able to generate a debate versus an argument?

This is big. The first point focuses on core necessity even if it's perceived as rude by a reader versus being intentionally disruptive. For instance let's take the man who likes to pick girls up during his sexytime and can only lift 150lbs. for a prolonged amount of time. His statement in totality does make sense, all of it is essential, and he isn't doing anything that could be considered cruel. Now if we take the height element calling shorter people midgets is relatively rude and unnecessary; the statement without the word is just as effective.

The second point focuses on positive versus negative communication. "I date people who are fashion forward..." is probably positive; one could ask what that person considers fashion forward and not end up in a terrible debacle about who is right and wrong. Meanwhile going back to the circular logic someone saying "I think thin chicks are hot because..." and giving a definition of a thinner woman is probably not looking to be kind and it probably won't generate anything worthwhile."

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a9659-three-types-of-satements-in-logic

• There is a fine line between an opinion and just saying something offensive and ignorant. That is why most people get offended. For example: if someone says "I think black people are selfish and stubborn" vs "I hate black people they're all assholes". The first is an opinion the second is just ignorant and obviously offensive because some blacks aren't as described.

• I have seen black people ask offensive question about white people and know on gets offended. I have seen gays get offended when christians declare gay marriage and christians get offenedwhen gays talk about their right to gay marriage. Surely everyone has their right to their own views even if its considered predudice racist, homophobic, anti athesist, anti christian, anti muslim, anti government, anti foriegner, anti pro life, anti pro choice, anti jew, anti feminist, anti chauvinist and so on as people are always offended by something and are so quick to pull out the offended card because they dont agree. Surely there is room for everyone can express their opinions no matter how of base free from censor. Isn't that what free speech is for?

• I agree 100%

• Your really triggering me rn asker

• thats just how people are.

What Guys Said 2