The difference between High School and College?

I live in UK and most of the time I got confussed when using this two terms, can someone patient explain it in plain and easy English?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• High School/ Secondary level education = Second level education

College/University= Third level education or Higher level education

• So basically speaking College is higher than High School? LOL, I always thought it was other way around.

• After I posted the response, I realized that this is different in other countries. Here in the US, we have junior colleges (2 year degrees which allow you to continue on for bachelor's degree, or vocational certificate), colleges (4 years, bachelor's degrees) and universities bachelor's, masters, Ph. D., and professional degrees.

What Girls Said 2

• i'm from the UK too but my understanding was high school is what we call 6th form or college and then college in the USA is what we call university but Americans feel free to correct me if i'm wrong!

• Highschool is grades 9-12 and college is like university for you guys

What Guys Said 5

• I think college is UKs university

• I don't think so because we have College and after when you finish the subject you doing, depending what grades you will get, you can apply to the university.

• In UK college is A-levels that is still second level - In america college is third level

• High school comes before college, graduation after grade 12. College is school you pay for to Pursue a degree in a certain field you plan to utilize for your career.

• College is much strict and harder

• Highschool in the US is their secondary school and sixth form, and their college is equal to university, and our university has no equal.

• Highschool is a bunch of sex. College is more sex.