Which animal can't jump?

65

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 5

What Guys Said 5

• Well, I must confess, I didn't know this one. Which is pretty sad for a biologist. BUT I did find this on the web:
    "First of all, just so you know, it is true that adult elephants can’t jump – if by jumping we mean the state of having no feet on the ground at the same time after propelling oneself from a stationary position. But contrary to the popular myth that it is is the only mammal that can’t, it is joined by a few others. Firstly, the sloth is unable to jump which suits its lazy lifestyle rather well. Also, rhinoceroses and hippopotamuses also cannot jump, though unlike elephants, when they run it is possible for them to have all four feet off the ground."

• Barnacles can't jump.
    But if a barnacle were the same size as a human, its penis would be the length of Nelson's column. So, swings and roundabouts really...

imageweb-cdn.magnoliasoft.net/.../jb24425.jpg

• White people.

• Snail, slug, starfish, coral, jellyfish, etc.

There's a lot of them

• An elephant.