How do you deal with your parents?

My mom is not exactly nice and is somewhat of a bully, unfortunately. How should I deal with it- and how do you deal with your relationship with your parents? Lemme know 😊🌸

310

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to stand up to your mother. Just because she is your mother does not mean you should allow her to mistreat you. Also, if she is unwilling to treat you with the respect you deserve, cut off contact with her. Maybe than she will start treating you better.

My relationship with my mother is great when she is single and terrible when she isn't. She has bad taste in men mixed with a fear of being alone and abandonment issues. So I distance myself from her when she has a new boyfriend because her BF's in one way or another they have always been bad men and I don't need the added drama in my life.

Most Helpful Girl

• both of my parents can act in an irritating way because of old age... how do i deal with? by not hesitating to argue

What Guys Said 9

• For as long as you live at home you're subject to 'House Rules.' Learn to live with the bullying for now. After you move out and live independently you'll develop a more adult relationship with your parentals. They'll always be there for advice but you should feel free to make your own life choices. . . and mistakes.

• Well unless you live with them then they shouldn't bother you to much, I honestly couldn't tell you how to deal with parents though as both of mine are pretty fantastic lol I've rarely ever had problems with them and when I did it was usually justified. I guess finding the root of the problem they have with you or you with them, would be a start.

• I have no expierence like that but this might help
    https://m.wikihow.com/Deal-With-Mean-Parents

• My dad was always the same i just try to love him from afar and don't get involved with any of his drama but he lives elsewhere in local high rise but there's no communication with me and him..

• I have a good relationship with my parents but I found it actually got better when I moved out. Something about multiple adults living in the same house just seems to lead to arguments.

• I superficially satisfy what ever they want yet in reality I do as I please. The trick is to never upset people. Appease then do as you please.

• I don't, that's why I'm getting kicked out of the house soon.
    Currently prepping for my couch-surfing career.

• My dad lives in California, my mom lives in Idaho, and I live in Colorado 😊

• Best thing to do would just be say something to her about it. Number one failure of relationships? Communication.

Most likely just jealous

What Girls Said 2

• I can totally relate (well she's not like a bully) but here's the thing. My parents are pretty wealthy and ever since I was younger my mom has wanted me to act like this high-class sophisticated woman, but thats just not who I am. And we have two completely different views of everything.

Communication is key. When I felt like I had enough I just talked to her. Just Be honest, listen to what she has to say, and remeber to remain respectful because she still is your mother.

• Listen, try to do if I can. if I cannot be succeed than I can say 'at least I tried'
    It shuts their mouth up