Ideas On English Teaching Games?

I teach English to a veriety of ages from elementary to adult.

For my elementary classes i commonly have to do games with them. i really need new ideas.

2 examples of the ones i tried are.

(Focus was on alphabet fluency)
Game. 3 teams, they have a piece of paper each. I write a scrambled sentence on the board. They have to decipher the sentence using their alphabet.

I. e it's the letter before the one i wrote. i. e car would be written as dbs and they'll figure out it says car. First team to find is winner. So they're using their alphabet for that

Another game
2. I do a pie chart with crosses and smiley faces. I give a dice. 2 teams. I ask them a sentence, they have to answer correctly. The person on the team that answers it correctly gets to roll the dice. Winning team will have landed on the least crosses.

21

What Girls Said 2

• I think it`s really great that there are a lot of methods of teaching. Not only books and ordinary programs. Games help more than traditional teaching, I know it cos my mom has been working with students for many years. She tries to be more modern than her colleagues and to speak with her students the same language. That`s why she uses digital language platform (https://www. robotel. com).

• Those sound fun!

What Guys Said 1

• ironic that you had to misspell variety, being an English teacher :P

• I know grammar inside out but typing on my phone and using swype i don't really mind