Most Helpful Girl
There are two types of fat
Saturated fats is the most detrimental fat to the body.
It is solid at room temperature.
Too many saturated fats can cause you to get a high cholesterol.
Since that is the case you must be careful in how much you consume.
(Anything in moderation is okay and will not cause significant harm to the body).
It is liquid at room temperature.
Unsaturated fats won't stick on the walls of your arteries like saturated fats will. Consuming unsaturated fats instead of saturated ones will also lower cholesterol level.
So fats in general for you, isn't a bad thing.0
- Show AllShow Less
Most Helpful Guy
1. Is 'dead' weight, making everything you do more taxing on your cardiovascular system. It can be stressful
2. Carries health risks regardless of diet
3. Doesn't look good (generally speaking)
4. Lowers testosterone and heightens estrogen in males. (Not sure what it does to the hormones of females)
5. Compresses your organs (when obese)
1. Are functional weight, more muscle means weight gain but it serves a purpose
2. Help your body move, everything becomes easier when you have well-trained muscles. Having some strength makes your daily life easier in numerous ways
3. Look aesthetically pleasing
4. Often go hand-in-hand with a more healthy cardiovascular system, meaning less stress and a lower resting heart rate
5. Improves chronic conditions such as lower back pain (when the core and back muscles are trained)
6. Boosts your metabolism, albeit not by a lot3