My parents want me to pledge Delta but a part of me doesn’t want to for these reasons:
****Warning**** some of my reasons are shallow.
1) I don’t like being around only black people. I like to have a diverse group of friends.
2) I don’t like stepping anymore. I was on the step team for 3 years in HS and it wasn’t the best experience. I did enjoy stepping but I was often mistreated and overlooked because I didn’t act black enough.
3) I’m not really interested in black guys, I feel like if I join a predominantly black sorority it lowers my chances of meeting a guy I’m interested in. I like Asians :O
4) I'm interested in things other black people may not understand. For example, I like anime, rock music and speaking other languages, like German. My own mom thinks it's weird that I like music in Japanese and German.
I would like to be apart of a black sorority for these reasons:
1) I am black
2) It is a sisterhood
3) I’d experience a lot of different things
4) I could make great lifelong friends
- YESVote A
- NOVote B
- MAYBEVote C