Have you ever been depressed and What's your reason for depression?

• Bereavement/ Loss of loved one or family member
    Vote A
  • Work/Financial difficulties
    Vote B
  • Social Isolation/ no friends
    Vote C
  • Bullying
    Vote D
  • Stress
    Vote E
  • Boredom
    Vote F
  • Traumatic life experiences
    Vote G
Select a gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Lost someone very close to me and just couldn't find the joy in anything for nearly two years, counselling didn't work and I got given medication, never took it. After a while I just found something new to focus and I left the depression behind me and haven't looked back since.

0|0
    0|0
    • Sorry for your loss

• Thanks! It's never gonna be easy when someone close to you dies I think I just went in to shut down mode but luckily managed to snap out of it without meds messing with my head and I'm grateful for that!

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• Hate to break it to you, but you don't need a reason to be depressed. Mental illness isn't caused by trauma in many cases.

3|3
    1|0
  • I have never been depressed.

0|0
    0|0
  • None of those. Self esteem and chemical imbalances

0|0
    0|0
  • Me = Vote A + Vote E + Vote G

0|0
    0|0
  • All of those at once.

0|0
    0|0
  • None of the options, mine was down to an eating disorder which started partially because I was a competitive gymnast and partly because I was ignored by my parents while they dealt with my sisters ED! And has been pretty much ever since because I learnt at a young age being thin was all that mattered and I'm not even vaguely, so I loathe my body and thus myself! Pills make it better, but they sure don't help with the weight :(

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• I had depression for years, there wasn't really a reason behind it I would just break down out of nowhere. It has left me deeply affected though, now I rarely experience much of any emotion, i'm massively pessimistic and still generally loathe myself yet i'm at peace with that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Loss of my dad, completely took me to rock bottom for about 12 months, I tried to keep up appearances, but inside I just felt completely numb and had no spark..
    Then one day, it just started to slowly turn around, and I started getting back to my old self

0|0
    0|0
  • I have but there wasn't exactly a reason for it, I think if someone said they were depressed over being bored or having no friends they probably don't understand what depression actually is.

1|0
    0|0
  • I may or may not have chronic depressions and no matter how much I surround myself with people via having many close friends and also having an SO for more than two and a half years already, I somehow still feel depressed and alone sometimes. It may not make sense, but it is what it is

0|0
    0|0
  • That I have hardly any friends so I'm bored and by myself a ton of the time. I hate school and I get so tired of being there when there's nothing I want to do in school. And another reason is I had surgery and had a lot of problems with it. It just wears me down that I can't do what I want to do because of my physical limitation. I can do a lot more now but sometimes I still have issues and it just annoys me like no other.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not exactly no friends, but I had no real friends who actually cared or gave a shit. I still don't to this day after moving from my hometown.

0|0
    0|0
  • The loss of my wife and father. They died within about a month of each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • I get depressed whenever someone tells me I gonna "win" something and I finally get nothing.
    I get depressed when I don't act the way I wanted, I can handle it pretty well.

0|0
    0|0
  • A, B, C, E, and F, but mostly B and E.

0|0
    0|0
  • 3-4 of those plus some other non-listed reasons.

0|0
    0|0
  • For some of the lists. Watch my to cheer you up

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1679703-funny-videos-old-or-new

0|0
    0|0
  • The most I've ever been depressed was due to lack of a girlfriend. I got over it eventually and now like being single. I've had sex multiple times, but still like remaining single.

0|0
    0|0