Have you ever been depressed and What's your reason for depression?

• Bereavement/ Loss of loved one or family member
  • Work/Financial difficulties
  • Social Isolation/ no friends
    Vote C
  • Bullying
    Vote D
  • Stress
    Vote E
  • Boredom
    Vote F
  • Traumatic life experiences
    Vote G
Select a gender to cast your vote:

712

Most Helpful Girl

• Lost someone very close to me and just couldn't find the joy in anything for nearly two years, counselling didn't work and I got given medication, never took it. After a while I just found something new to focus and I left the depression behind me and haven't looked back since.

• Sorry for your loss

• Thanks! It's never gonna be easy when someone close to you dies I think I just went in to shut down mode but luckily managed to snap out of it without meds messing with my head and I'm grateful for that!

What Girls Said 6

• Hate to break it to you, but you don't need a reason to be depressed. Mental illness isn't caused by trauma in many cases.

• I have never been depressed.

• None of those. Self esteem and chemical imbalances

• Me = Vote A + Vote E + Vote G

• All of those at once.

• None of the options, mine was down to an eating disorder which started partially because I was a competitive gymnast and partly because I was ignored by my parents while they dealt with my sisters ED! And has been pretty much ever since because I learnt at a young age being thin was all that mattered and I'm not even vaguely, so I loathe my body and thus myself! Pills make it better, but they sure don't help with the weight :(

What Guys Said 12

• I had depression for years, there wasn't really a reason behind it I would just break down out of nowhere. It has left me deeply affected though, now I rarely experience much of any emotion, i'm massively pessimistic and still generally loathe myself yet i'm at peace with that.

• Loss of my dad, completely took me to rock bottom for about 12 months, I tried to keep up appearances, but inside I just felt completely numb and had no spark..
    Then one day, it just started to slowly turn around, and I started getting back to my old self

• I have but there wasn't exactly a reason for it, I think if someone said they were depressed over being bored or having no friends they probably don't understand what depression actually is.

• I may or may not have chronic depressions and no matter how much I surround myself with people via having many close friends and also having an SO for more than two and a half years already, I somehow still feel depressed and alone sometimes. It may not make sense, but it is what it is

• That I have hardly any friends so I'm bored and by myself a ton of the time. I hate school and I get so tired of being there when there's nothing I want to do in school. And another reason is I had surgery and had a lot of problems with it. It just wears me down that I can't do what I want to do because of my physical limitation. I can do a lot more now but sometimes I still have issues and it just annoys me like no other.

• Not exactly no friends, but I had no real friends who actually cared or gave a shit. I still don't to this day after moving from my hometown.

• The loss of my wife and father. They died within about a month of each other.

• I get depressed whenever someone tells me I gonna "win" something and I finally get nothing.
    I get depressed when I don't act the way I wanted, I can handle it pretty well.

• A, B, C, E, and F, but mostly B and E.

• 3-4 of those plus some other non-listed reasons.

• For some of the lists. Watch my to cheer you up

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1679703-funny-videos-old-or-new

• The most I've ever been depressed was due to lack of a girlfriend. I got over it eventually and now like being single. I've had sex multiple times, but still like remaining single.