Ketchup on the fries vs. Ketchup on the side?

If you don't use ketchup, then substitute for what you do use. I only ever put ketchup on my fries if they're cheese fries. Otherwise, I use honey mustard or honey BBQ sauce and it's on the side.

• On the side
  • On the fries
  • I eat them plain
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:

2130

Most Helpful Guy

• I prefer it on the side.. I like having complete control over my fries. Half of the fun of eating fries is guessing how much ketchup needed for an optimal bite of deliciousness. If the ketchup is already all over everything then it takes that out of my hands.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 29

• Definitely on the side... And now I'm in the mood for fries. Thanks! :p

• people who put ketchup on their fries ruin it! Then you get it on your hands and they can become soggy... ugh. If I could tell all the times someone just drenched a boat of fries for sharing with ketchup instead of putting it in a separate container... and lets not get started on double dippers...

• Ketchup on the side. Also garlic aioli sauce on fries is also so good.

• I like malt vinegar or a barbecue sauce on freedom fries.

• Fries on the ketchup! Drown that shit!

• Ketchup on the side. The weird warm congealing effect of ketchup on them doesn't always sit well with me, and it also make it messy to eat them.

If I don't put ketchup, I put mayo.

• Depends on the fries. Most fries I have ketchup on the side, however there's a bowling alley in my town with some great fries that somehow taste better with ketchup on them. I dunno why this is, but it is.

• Plain or on the side, all depends whether I have to pay for that ketchup or not :)

• Lol when do you ever have to pay for ketchup

• When you in England and much of Europe and Australia.

It isn't something that is given away freely worldwide like it is in America.

• That's interesting. I mean we have to pay for extra sauce here but seldom ever is it ketchup.

• 1|0
  • I prefer it on the side. if I put it on the top then there is too much on top and nothing on the bottom ones

• Fucker, drizzle it on for me; I ain't your maid!

• i don't really like ketchup that much anymore i find it 2 sweet maybe its because i don't eat sugar that often i use to put a ton on the side now i just drizzle some on sometimes with sriracha and eat it with a fork i don't like grease fingers...

• Ketchup on the side for me to dip my fries in.

• Either is good, so is no ketchup depending on the fries.

• I eat them plain. I like to taste the potato

• Yuck, I hate ketchup on fries. It makes it all warm and nasty. On the side definitely.

• On the side always

• I like to dip my fires

• Ketchup masks the taste of food so use tiny amounts

• I like my ketchup! in the bottle, that way I can put ketchup on each individual fry as I eat them.

• BBQ Sauce On Everything!

Usually con the side but if I'm at home I'll go crazy with the Ketch!

• oh tough, on the side i think else risking an over load

• I dun care mane as long as I eat ma fries

• Plain is amazing, you get to taste the salt, not the sweet ketchup

• Try ketchup and ranch mixed on the side, or on the fries. I can't be the only one who does this.

• Mayonnaise. I don't even care where. Just no ketchup.

• I prefer tapatio hot sauce on mine

• I enjoy switching it up from time to time and practice both methods.

• Typically on the side unless it's cheese fries.

What Girls Said 20

• On the side! Always. Lol I feel uncomfortable when I see people put ketchup actually on top of their fries... haha!

• On the side! Dipping is half the fun and you don't run the risk of accidentally drowning all your friends in ketchup lol. I'm the same way with burgers. Besides, I like mixing sauces.

• Ketchup on the side 😍 so it doesn't make the chips soggy lol and the chips need to be EXTRA crispy 😍 oh yum!

• Definitely on the side. Otherwise all you can taste is tomato and it's soggy and just eww :/

• Both on the fries and on the side! So I just avoid ketchup whatsoever because I can't contain myself around it :P

• On the fries, if they are boiling hot (too warm) - I don't want to fry my tongue :P

• ketchup on the side please

• I have my fries plain.

• On the side so I can smother them in it. :D

• I hate mushy Fries!

• If I use it, which sometimes I don't, then I prefer it on the side. On the fries can get messy.

• Not on fries its just gross I don't know why :P

• I eat fries plain. Hate ketchup 😷

• I'll take my fries any way I can get them.

• I prefer mine on the side unless I have cheese fries.

• On the side just like my hoes... lol

• Ketchup all the way with mayonnaise 😊 yum.

• Ketchup on the side :)

• i like to dip get the right amount that way plus fries dont get soggy super fast

• On the side. I like complete control over my food and dips lol