If you are sad, what kind of music do you listen to?

When you are sad, do you listen to sad music or cheerful music?

• I listen to sad music
  • I listen to cheerful music
  • I don't listen to music
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:

2017

Most Helpful Girl

• to music that is even MORE sad than me! rs278.pbsrc.com/.../Crying2.gif~c200
    haha i don't know why I do that... maybe it's because i want all the sadness to come out... I don't know :p! just feels more right, than to listen to cheerful music...

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 19

• It can go either way! If I want to reflect on something and cry it out, I listen to sad. If it hurts too much to think about and I want a distraction or a portal to let out frustration, I listen to higher energy and/or happier tunes. And then there are those times you want your brain to shut off and so I just sleep in silence to clear my head a little.

• other- avenged sevenfold...
    why?
    because its calming, the guitar riffs are absolutely mesmerising.. lol and brian hanner jr is HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!! and i just love their music.. lol

• Where is the "I listen to both sad and cheerful music" option? It really depends on how bad I'm feeling. If I'm kinda sad, I'll still listen to cheerful music. If I'm really feeling bad, I'll listen to sad or angry music because I can relate to the lyrics.

• I chose cheerful but it is both sad and cheerful. When I am sad about a guy I CANNOT listen and deal with love songs happy or sad. But I try to keep it upbeat with happy songs. Sometimes a sad song relates to the situation and it makes me feel uncomfortable.

• I would feel like such a twat if I looked up sappy music when I was sad.

• When I'm sad I begin playing death metal. some of it sounds like satan has a garage disposal in this throat. it helps me a lot tbh

• It really depends. If I'm like feeling sad/down, I listen to slow, sad music lol. If I'm feeling angry/upset I listen to pumping music.

• Sad music, for sure.
    When I'm sad, cheerful music does nothing but annoy me.

• Sad music which only makes me even sadder, haha x)

• I guess it depends but I like to listen to music I can relate to. That helps.

• Carmen by Lana Del Rey or any birdie music

• Sad definatly

• Metric and Snow Patrol

• Cheerful music would make me cry more

• I guess sad music

• *sometimes B = edm = no vocals to make my sadness worse
    *sometimes C = any music can upset me

• I listen to cheerful and sad music :P

• Bebel Gilberto. It maybe melancholy. It maybe cheerful. Always escapist.

• fool of me by me'shell ndegeocello

What Guys Said 16