Boyfriend won't give me a belly button piercing?

So my boyfriend does piercings and I said that one day I wanted a belly button piercing. He said no and that I shouldn't get a belly button piercing because they were for whores...
do you agree with him? Are they really that trashy?

72

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not the worst, but it does nothing to enhance your appearance or your reputation.

Most Helpful Girl

• You have to decide for yourself... its not just your bf!!!

What Guys Said 1

• I see it as trashy, yeah. He probably knows better since he knows the kinds of people who get them.

What Girls Said 6

• For goodness sake we've got some super judgmental people up in here!
    You do you!! I've got a belly button piercing because I like them and I'm the least whoreish person you'll ever meet. Video game profile pic, virgin until 17, only ever been with the guy who took it (and he's still mine to this day <3).
    And if I was a whore, WHO GIVES? My choice!
    My point is, piercings say nothing about personality! Just do whatever YOU want because that's what matters!! :)

• Belly button piercings are not trashy. It is a shame the piercing is associated with a negative stereotype.

• Ahah you post made me laugh. First of all is your body no need to ask your boyfriend for permission if you want it get it at the end is your body. Belly piercings are not for whores I have belly piercing and many others.

• uh i dont see them as trashy... I've always wanted one actually but from the infections I've seen people get that sorta changed my mind aha

• Infections are super rare if you get pierced at a reputable place!! Mine and my friends' were totally fine :)

• I would say yah, just a bit, just like nose piercings... my opinion tho.

• ... And you're under 18.

• I said I wanted one "one day" meaning when I'm 18