Hotter summer in Southern Hemisphere or northern?

Since the sun is closer during the winter in December here but it's summer in Southern Hemisphere

Well I was wondering if it was because I know it's the angle of the sun that gives us the summer but we are further from it when the northern hemisphere has its summer but the Southern Hemisphere is closer when they have theirs so I wondering if it was noticeable even being equal distances from the equator

21

Most Helpful Guy

• Southern hemisphere without a doubt

• That's what I would say to but it's kind to hard to know unless you have lived there

What Girls Said 2

• It radiates out evenly from the equator. And the seasons are opposite.

• Yeah I knew that because of the angle we face the sun but our orbit brings us closer to the sun during the Southern Hemispheres summer so I was wondering if they experience a few degrees more than the north would during their summer

• Nope, not really.

• Southern, well not thw extreme like Antarctica of course but the tropical region is always hotter than USA

• Well I was wondering if it was because I know it's the angle of the sun that gives us the summer but we are further from it when the northern hemisphere has its summer but the Southern Hemisphere is closer when they have theirs so I wondering if it was noticeable even being equal distances from the equator

• That's a good question. I'm not sure of the answer. I'm sure it has something to do with earth's orbital with the sun

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!