Why don't people want to discuss their opinions?

Quite a few times since I've joined, I've offered to have civil discussions with several other GAG users, but I think I've only had one or two actually engage in a discussion.

Is this website popular with circle-jerkers or something?

Even in real life, people tend to get very agitated when I am skeptical of their arguements.

What is the point in having an opinion if you can't even hold it up against any scrutiny whatsoever?

• I am one of those people (Explain why you tend to avoid discussions)
  • I used to be one of those people (Explain why you used to engage in this behaviour)
  • I am not one of those people, but I've encountered a few
    Vote C
  • I am not one of those people and I've never encountered anyone like that before.
    Vote D
  • Other
    Vote E
Select a gender to cast your vote:

11

Most Helpful Girl

• Yea I'm not sure why some folks get pissy about other's opinions. Isn't that what having a conversation with others about? Talking and listening to others' thoughts?

• Also, it's important to question your beliefs; Otherwise, you're not really thinking.

• Yes exactly! If you don't ask questions how do you learn? Therefore have thoughts other than what you think and/or were taught? Thanks for the MHO!

• I absolutely agree. Spot on!

Most Helpful Guy

• I know exactly what you mean. The number of people who get so butthurt as soon as you question their opinion or call out their bullshit is unbelievable.

• I know, right?

It's not even like you're saying they're wrong, you're just asking questions and then suddenly it's the whole "I'm wasting my time arguing with you", "I don't give a fuck", "That's it. Blocked" etc etc.

• Sometimes I just have to laugh at some of the things I get blocked for.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!