Do you think segregation was the best thing for black people?

We had our own bank, stores, homes, jobs, etc... I'm tired of people saying "segregation just encourages racism." No! Racists encourage racism. "Being separated won't end racism." As you can see, neither does being together.

• Hell Yeah
  • ... No... (You're a liar)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

54

Most Helpful Girl

• I sort of agree. I don't see the point in being around people who dislike us. When I was younger I used to think White people should live in Europe, Black people in Africa, Jamaica, etc... Native Americans, in America and Asians in Asia. I was a fucked up kid, but that's just what I thought. Either way, I don't care because I only socialize with black people anyway. I can't take the stupid shit white people say... I just, no..

• Your age shows as does your maturity. Get an education, develop a brain cell and stop being a cretin and you'll go far in this life.

• @IronChinnyChin whatever, I'm allowed to have an opinion. If segregation is what it takes to strengthen the black community, then so be it. I didn't say he was all correct, but I see where he is coming from. Get out your feelings, don't come for me 👌

• No offense. Your 16 , Your a kid. You have not experienced life or seen the world. U. S. A is not the world. no doubt their is a universal issue with discriminating against skin color , and their needs to be an honest open conversation about it without being PC.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you're a little too young to truly know just how bad segregation was. If you choose to live around people of your own race, choose to do business with people of your own race, etc., then that's your decision and right. But that's not what Jim Crow laws and forced segregation were about.

What Girls Said 4

• I think you are forgetting the hate, discrimination, and the physical abuse that were attached to segregation during those times.

• Another missed opportunity for abortion. Sigh.

• I'm happy I wasn't born in that gen. I would not have liked having to live like that.

• You sound like one of my English teachers lol. But I do have to disagree with you. It is true that racists encouraged racism, but segregation was a huge factor as to why there was racism. Back then, African Americans were not considered "humans". Racist whites thought they were superior because for many generations, they enslaved African Americans before the 13th Amendment was passed. If there was no segregation, both races would have to be forced to adapt together as one community.

What Guys Said 3

• segregation promote inequality, inequality leats to aggression, agression leads to voilence. we don´t need violence in our life since we are all humans. why am i even answering this dumb question? it will get deleted anyway.

• Letting go of the bigotry and hatred will make things better.

Black people and white people burying the hatchet, starting a fresh and building towards a better tomorrow will help make things better.

The problem is people are stupid and too set in their ways.

• Deliberate segregation codified in law was definitely not. Forming homogeneous communities to help one another in the face of prejudice could be, provided they were not starved of resources for self improvement.