The problem with being a fan of pop music is that when you tell someone "I like pop music", without additional context, they're probably going to assume you mean today's stuff. But as we know, pop has been around much longer than that. A pop song in 1956 is not the same as a pop song in 1986, or a pop song in 2016. So, to make things easier, I've divided the extensive era of pop music into shorter periods. Which era of pop is your favorite?
- 1955-1965: Classic popVote A
- 1966-1979: Groove pop/discoVote B
- 1980-1991: pop-rockVote C
- 1992-2004: R&B popVote D
- 2005-2010: singer-songwriter popVote E
- 2011-2016: modern popVote F
'80-'91 as my favorite, with '05-'10 a close second.