If I am secular muslim would I still get hated on in America?

39

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd be lying if i said you wouldn't.
    Some things might be harder for you, but not necessarily "hate" either. Also really depends on the part of America

Most Helpful Guy

• Do bears poop in the woods?

• no i heard they pooped in asshole's faces lol

• Poor @HookingSwan that must have been terrible.

What Girls Said 2

• How are you planning on getting a Visa? And why New Jersey? Will you be living just over the border from NYC? In New York Muslims go unnoticed for the most part.

• My friends are in new Jersey , and the visa isn't actually a problem

• I assume you hope to get there in a student Visa? What is your country of origin? Though I'm strongly opposed to it actually the Visa may very well be a problem. Are you not aware of that? Even if you are born to a country like England or France, the U. S.'s two closest allies getting a Visaay be difficult at the moment.

The U. S. Doesn't trust the EU's screening process in general but more specifically they know that EU countries haven't been screening migrants proper at all with the sudden influx and the UK and France both have home grown terrorists. Even in the EU countries within the Schengen Border are now setting up check points and impeding free movement.

Unless you've been granted admission to Princeton or Rutgers you're going to have a hard time. Trust me the Visa is a problem.

• Most likely not. Secular Islam is very tolerated.

What Guys Said 8

• Only by the assholes... There are a lot of assholes here.

• Only one way for you to find out

• No you'll be fine.

• Lol okay little question: What is a secular Muslim?

• Same thing as a secular Jew... a person from a Muslim family that no longer practices.

• @Dubhlann Ahh. He wouldn't be hated that much even if he were a practicing Muslim. But there are idiots in America.

• You won't be significantly "hated" in America as a Muslim unless you're an avowed Jihadi.

• What is a "Secular" Mislim?

• I hate muslims, I love people even if they are Arab.

• If a shiekh will get hate for simply "looking" like a Muslim. You'll definitely get hate for being one.