Ride or own horses?

I feel like there are A LOT of city slickers on GAG. I don't own a horse but I do ride and help out 4 days a week at neighbors with horses. If you do how many years have you ridden?

• Yes! I own a horse
  • Yes! I take lessons or lease!
  • No, But I want to learn how to
    Vote C
  • Long time ago
    Vote D
  • Don't want to
    Vote E
  • Horses scare me!
    Vote F
Select a gender to cast your vote:

816

Most Helpful Guy

• I own a farm with three horses. I ride almost everyday. My girl is a painted horse.

What Guys Said 15

• own so that you can have your own supply of horse sliders

• I don't want to, but for some reason I've known way more girls who used to ride horses than it is statistically reasonable.

• I've ridden horses before but I wouldn't say I ride horses. :) Yeah, I'd have to drive an hour to get to the nearest location where I could ride a horse. It's not like I can have on in my backyard anywhere around here.

• I like bicycles

• I have a horse and ride a lot in the summer time. I'm also belong to a horse club, Backcountry Horseman of Washington (BCHW).

• I've ridden a few times long ago but never owned any.

• We had three when I was a kid. My older sisters rode but I never got into it.

• I've rode a horse around 10 times in my life and hated it every time. So damn uncomfortable.

• After a while it actually becomes comfortable. Or in my opinion lol

• And that's why I said it's uncomfortable. I would much prefer to walk or hike than sit bowlegged on a horse.

• Okay! Everyone likes different things lol. I totally understand :)

• I only rode a horse once and it was from a carriage on a 5th grade field trip.

• Can anyone ever really own an animal?

• My uncle owns a stable and I sometimes take care of it, I've rode since like 11 and we own 7 horses

• I ride a pony. I have to stand on a step ladder and I know she's enjoying it by the way she looks back at me in a loving way.

• No, I don't support exploiting animals.

• I have broke trained and road horse to some of the most beautiful place in the canadain rockies

• Adopt me!!

• It's always easier to build a 60 foot later then a 50 foot wall

• Lol how did we start with horses to politics? Oh right... ME! -bangs face on table-

• I don't ride horses but there are a lot of girls who ride horses , I've known a few over the years and often see pictures online of girls who ride horses , its a very popular hobby for younger women , not just country girls but suburban/urban girls as well

• Yeah very true! Horses are sweet! I am a country girl lol, With a tad of suburban

What Girls Said 8

• I used to ride horses, I started when I was 8 years old up in Washington state. I rode on a off until I turned 18. I am kind of a city slicker, though.

• Went to horse camp one summer and they gave me the biggest and tallest horse. His name was blue.

He was shit at listening. But he was my horse, temporarily, and I was super sad when I found out he passed away.

• They kinda scare me, they're so big and I am so small :P

• The poll options don't really work for me. I picked a long time ago. But if I had the money I'd totally own horses. I love them.

• I used to, I've ridden horses for 11 years. I have my horse, but I moved, so I dont get to ride anymore, well actually I dont own him anymore, but for me he will always be my horse, money doesn't buy love, so he is still my best friend <3

• Vote G: Used to own horses and ride very regularly.

I don't own any now and I don't have the opportunity to go riding, but I used to be pretty darn good!

• I used to ride regular years ago. A friend just up the road a bit had 5-6 horses.

• I love horses and hope to own another one when I get older. I would ride him occasionally.