What do you think of minimalism (as in a way of living)?

I'm kind of becoming a minimalist since living by myself. I don't reallly have much furniture, decorations, etc., I prefer not even having a bed frame but I had to get one at my new apartment because my floor isn't flat anymore. I don't own a TV. I have no dining room, I just eat at a desk. Having a lot of stuff feels like a weight holding me down, it feels more like a burden than valuable. I keep myself entertained via the internet or going outside. Not with the "stuff" in the house.

Would you find this weird? Do you think anyone who might potentially date/be friends with me would be put off by the fact that my house is half empty? Are you a minimalist too? ;)

• It's weird and I would be put off by it
  • It's a little weird but it's your own life, nobody really cares
  • It's not weird at all / it's a good thing
    Vote C
  • I'm like that too!
    Vote D
Select a gender to cast your vote:

12

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, it worked for the Spartans :P Meh, it's not necessarily something I'd do, I'm cool with a lot of the stuff there like the no table seeing as I've never really had one though I'd probably always want a TV. But yeah, it's your life, no one really cares :P

• Can't watch tv when u ain't got a couch. lol.

But seriously yeah that might be nice to have but id only use it for watching movies with friends over at night or something... not sure if worth it.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 2

• I don't care. Unless you're doing it for some hippie spiritual or artsy reason, in which case I don't care but I'll probably be laughing derisively behind your back.

• I'm like that too. I prefer to hold as little necessary possessions as possible. I don't need decorations or a lot of valuables. I do like to have a computer and a TV though.

• Yeah I like a computer and need it for my job anyway. I would only use a TV when I have friends over but I might get one just for that reason anyway at some point haha.