Do you think you have met or know a real sociopath or psychopath?

Do you think you have met or know a real sociopath or psychopath ?Do you think you have met or know a real sociopath or psychopath?

• Yes a sociopath
  • Yes a pyschopath
  • Yes, Both
    Vote C
  • Maybe
    Vote D
  • I am a sociopath
    Vote E
  • I am a psychopath
    Vote F

912

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I have never met a sociopath but there is a guy I actually know very well who is almost certainly a psychopath. However, he's not physically aggressive or violent in any fashion. He's not the type of psychopath who would go around killing people. Instead, he's more like the psychopaths who sit in the highest positions of investment banks. He's very well adapted to social life although he's actually a very asocial person. He's smart and very well read, friendly and relatively easy to talk to. If you just meet him in a bar, you may be excused for thinking that he's just a nice and well educated (maybe somewhat odd) fellow. However, I have known him for years and I actually find him a very scary person. He lies CONSTANTLY, even about things normal people don't lie about (where it doesn't make much sense to lie). He's also incredibly good at spontaneously coming up with excuses and explanations if he gets caught lying. He's very manipulative and knows exactly what to say to sway people his way. Also, he seems very kind but he actually doesn't really mean it. You have to know him well to see this but most of his feelings (especially the positive ones) are actually just acted (yet, he would never admit that). He also has all kinds of strange projects, most of which he never actually realizes because he only uses them to brag to people. He has never harmed or threatened me in any way and I doubt he would but there is something very, very creepy about him that I have never experienced with any other person.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE