What is the best wisdom/advice that anyone has given you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Be present in the now, mindful about the past and hopeful about the future. But whatever you do minimize worrying because what shall be will be. I fond this advice very helpful for school, money, relationships and problems.

I also learn that it is not best to react based on emotion but on reasoning. Because emotions cloud our judgement.

Most Helpful Guy

• I remember way back in middle school/junior high, there was a teacher who taught religion class (I went to a religious Christian school). Interestingly enough though, he said that everyone should think for themselves, look at both sides of everything, and make logical choices from that. We shouldn't just accept one side for the heck of it, but we should question it and choose it after investing time and effort into researching it. We should actively think instead of passively assume.

From that, he would set up his lectures in ways that he would split up each side with the for and against, and then he would state "as for my personal opinion on it..." before saying anything not fact-based.
    Back in middle school for me, this was all pretty mind blowing. When you are that age, you tend to get told things that you should do. Rather, this was the first instance of some guy saying to think for yourself-- it was even more interesting with him being a religion teacher and all.

I feel like this advice has really influenced me in how I perceive the world nowadays. I'm not perfect by any means, but I feel it has helped me make less bias decisions and judgements when it comes to ideas and notions thrown at me.

What Girls Said 7

• 1. Don't take life to seriously... Most things work themselves out. The rest really wasn't that important anyway.
    2. You are special, unique, and can achieve anything, but the world doesn't evolve around you. be considerate and kind to those around you!
    I am sure mum had other good advice, but can't think of any more right now.

• -Happiness is a choice
    -You must develop thick skin in this world. Take criticism that you are given and learn from it.

• Follow your bliss.

• It's closed but i need to say mine.

For me it'd be from redeyemindtricks on here

"You either walk around like you own the world, or you walk around like the world owns you"

sorry! and thanks

• @SweetHomicidalQueen Likewise, and keep being complicated young sister.

• Trust me, I will. :)

• um always show a smile to every one and a bit of kindness

• Treat other how you want to be treated

• surround urself with people who inspire you

• "Do unto others as you would have done unto you."

What Guys Said 8

• One of the wisest "advice" I ever received is there are no small jobs only small people. It's a reminder to be humble and treat everyone with dignity. The most encouraging advice is you only fail when you quit doing.

• Life is like a spring rocker, it may go up and it may go down
    but it won't even start without you wanting it to.

• "Don't argue with IDIOTS on the internet. Even if you win, you still lose. . ."

• Even if you win no one knows because they lost interest halfway down.

• Don't give a fuck what other people think.

Don't be political correct or be as tight as a bed spring.

Enjoy life and be yourself and don't let anyone tell you what you can't or cannot do.

Among other advice given to me by a variety of great people.

• - Don't give out free fucks

- If I had your brain I would definitely be using it better than you. (Compliment + insult + advice by dad)

- Don't fall in love. Too much to lose.

- If you don't know what to do, do everything. Its always better than doing nothing.

- Expect nothing from others. Regret nothing that you do. The key to happiness.

• They all look the same in the dark

• "Don't put that in your mouth"

• "khajit has wares if you have coin" lol