- Yeah, I'm only interested in dating fresh young girls.5%(1)16%(9)Vote21%(8)
- Nope, I actually prefer to date women 25- early 30's. They're maturity level is more attractive.11%(2)19%(11)Vote23%(9)
- Nope, I actually prefer to date older women around their 30's or 40's. Maturity and experience is more attractive.0%(0)2%(1)Vote3%(1)
- Nope, I'd prefer to date a younger girl but I wouldn't reject a woman for being 25 or over.5%(1)12%(7)Vote15%(6)
- I don't have any preference. No age is a deal breaker (except illegal age or grandma age of course!)79%(15)51%(30)Vote38%(15)
Most Helpful Guy
If most men were being honest, they would say that women are at their peak of physical attractiveness around 20 years old (let's say 18-25). Men of any age will always find women in that age range attractive - it's simply how we're built; from an evolutionary perspective, women around that age are the most fertile and most likely to have healthy babies, so that is when men are instinctually programmed to find them the most physically attractive.
Now, that doesn't mean that no other women of any age are attractive, and while what I wrote above speaks to PHYSICAL attraction, it doesn't take into account attraction to personality, compatibility, or other attributes that are important in a relationship.
A single guy (of whatever age) just looking to have sex with a girl doesn't need to care about personality, compatibility, or other issues that come up in a relationship, because he's not trying to have a relationship - he just wants SEX. Thus, guys who just want sex will tend to want to have it with younger girls - because for JUST SEX (with no relationship), physical attractiveness is all that really matters.
But a guy looking for a relationship is (if he has a brain in his head) going to care a lot more about personality and compatibility, and thus he's likely to find more age-appropriate women more attractive overall - personality and compatibility balance out the age issue.7
Most Helpful Girl
I think it's sort of unfair to say to an 18 year old, which do they prefer the 20 year old or the 40 year old. At different points in your life you want different things in your own life, and what you want in whomever you're sleeping with or trying to start a relationship with. On the flip side, I wouldn't want to date an 18 year old now because they are trying to figure out what the hell they want in life, they are probably struggling to support themselves a bit, and don't have the best situation. To them I might read as someone old who wants them to settle down, which is why our paths would rarely cross, and it's not offensive at all. It's just the truth. Now strictly speaking of sleeping together, old or young, if all you want is to have sex, age is but a number (well, maybe not 85), but relatively speaking. :)1