If a woman wants to pose nude for whatever what reason or cause, do you think she needs to ask her husband/bf about it before she does it?

Or it is only for her to decide what she wants to do with her body?

2458

Most Helpful Guy

• If a woman is married, she absolutely should take her husband's thoughts and feelings into account. When you are in a committed relationship, what affects one of you affects both of you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's her body, and she can do what she wants. And since it's also his relationship, he's free to break up with her for doing that. I can't imagine a man would be comfortable with naked pics of his SO floating around on the internet. If she asks her SO first, but if he says no, she should respect that if she wants to continue the relationship.

What Guys Said 57

• Thats very disrespectful without telling her bf/husband first thats for sure.

• telling them is one thing
      asking is another

• it is her body yes, so she doesn't have to ask.. but she should discuss it with him, ask him if he'd be cool with it etc.

but its her choice ultimately

• Yes, I believe in a good, loving relationship, she should ask her boyfriend/husband for permission. However, the same is true vice versa. For example if I wanted to pose nude and my girlfriend felt extremely uncomfortable about it, I would of course not do it.
    Naturally, it's your body. But just because you have the theoretical right to do what you want doesn't mean it's okay to act like an indifferent asshole. If an old lady asks me to help her across the street, it's of course my right to say "Haha! You look so old and sick, just get across yourself and have fun getting run over by a truck! Bye!" but that doesn't mean it's a nice thing to do.
    Considering I love my girlfriend like crazy, I would never do anything she feels very unhappy about. And I expect her to act the same. It's a matter of mutual love and respect.

• Nice answer :)
      Best of luck with your girlfriend ^^

• If married, any decision one makes can impact both of them. So if she decided to do that, it could lead to problems. For instance, if she did that, his employer might find out and fire him. I do not believe she has the right to cause him to lose his job and have a hard time getting hired elsewhere.

Personally, both my wife and I were photographed nude while at nude beaches and resorts, and we were fine with that. If she had wanted to pose professionally, as long as they were tasteful and would not impact our lives negatively, I would be okay with it.

• Look if your single do whatever you want, but when your married or in a relationship it just ain't you anymore, and for stuff like that yeah you need to get your spouses or partners permission. And if your spouse of partner wanted to do something like that they would need to get your permission to do it.

It's not only the right thing to do, but you need to be considerate of your partner and what they want just like they need to do the same. And you have to put yourself in their shoes like how would you feel if they ran off and did nude poses for strangers without your consent or any consideration to what you wanted.

• you re into art though
      aren t you interested in nude photography or painting?

• I study classical art as part of my studies for my apprenticeship. And that entails studying classical nude paintings but I for the most part don't particularly enjoy it, nor do I ever plan on painting it.

Ehh nude photo's can be tasteful sometimes, but for the most part are not my thing, I don't look at em.

My morals and values take priority over art anyway, so if my partner asked I would most likely say no.

• I mean technically she can do whatever she wants but she shouldn't be surprised if her husband is hurt by it. Like if I am married to a girl I imagine she didn't let me see her nude right away. It was probably a privledge I had to wait for and earn. I would definitely be hurt if she then went out and let some photographer take nude pictures of her for free.

• You should always ask your husband because you are a family, your decisions impacts his life too, not just yours.

Take Trump for example, his wife posed nude even before she became his wife and now he gets shit for it.

• In the end, it is ultimately your decision - not his. However, if you care about your BF/husband, a good GF/wife would ask how her partner felt about it, and would avoid doing things that hurt him.

• Of course she must ask! I have no problem with nudity, but it must be in an appropriate setting and for a legitimate reason. Without communication, there is a huge risk of the relationship failing.

I cannot think of a legitimate reason why she would want to be naked outside the family/partnership. Anything like stripping/porn/camgirl is not on, ever. Even posing for a professional photographer or artist is a no-no for me.

• she should ask but ultimately it is her decision to do what she wants. she just should know that her partner may feel something one way or another if she doesn't even mention she is going to get naked and for what reasonin front of other people

• I agree with the people saying it would be nice if she gave her bf/hb a heads up about it. (Although it's ultimately her choice.) Especially if it's a tasteful, artistic nude shot I don't see a problem with it. But that would depend on what line of work she was in, and the problem that might arise would have more to do with people other than her SO thought about it.

• Yeah, of course.. they are sharing a life, so decisions should be shared as well.

About the:
    "it's her body and she can do what she wants"
    - it's also him mind, and he can do whatever he decides after that

• I think it's fair to at least discuss it first. Many guys would be extremely offended if you did that, and for many guys it would mean the end of the relationship. It would be a betrayal akin to cheating, the same argument could be used to justify cheating "you don't own me, I can do what I want." but it would still be hurtful.

• many of the females say that a woman should not ask her husband/bf because she is free to do with her body what she wants. i think she should ask his opinion, not his permission. if i would turn the roles around and a man was going to pose nude, should he ask the permission of his wife/gf? i dont think many women would be to happy to hear her husband/boyfriend say 'my body my rules'

• She doesn't need permission but it would be smart.

• I think it's probably a good ideatm to run that by your S/O first. It's obviously her body but it is nice to at least give the guy a heads up that its happening

• She should ask her husband or boyfriend for advice on how much to charge for it no?

• She can do what ever she wants, would be kind of a dick move not to talk about it or consider his input though.

• Really depends on the relationship. I think nude pics of his woman in the hands of someone, would piss him off big time. A good thought exercise would be to reverse the situation, and think about it. How would do you feel about it? And remember, what gets on the Internet, stays on the Internet.

However, I would have dug a nice, pro boudoir photo set of pics, of my woman, for me to admire her femininity, sensuality as a keepsake.

Complicated, err on the side of caution.

Your call, baby

• Yes definitely she has to ask her husband.. About it. Because it's called respect for your partner...

Ifcshe doesn't ask them if disrespectful making her a bad gf/wife

• I dont think she particularly 'needs' to ask for permission but considering its a senstive situation, consulting him is probably ideal. For either his support or even for the mere fact of including him in a big decision.

• Well not ask, just tell him at least.

• I think she should do as she wants , but talk with her significant other about it in case she isn't confident enough

• Okay that's a tricky one because you have every right to pose nude if you want, I would think talking to the husband would be best, but if he's not supportive do it anyway

• Technically no, but really it would be considerate if she did. Exactly the same as if it was guy whether or not he should ask his wife/gf.

• She could ask to know if the boyfriend is alright with it although it's her body and decision. He may not be comfortable with that choice and would you be with someone whose opinion wouldn't affect you

• She needs hubby's permission. If he is okay with his wife being a dirty sloot, then she can go ahead and sloot it up.

• Yes I do think you'd have to ask them. Even if it's meant to be a surprise, it's kind of risky.

• Her body her choice!

• I don't think she needs to ask her husband or boyfriend for permission but she should also accept that her husband or boyfriend has a right to object to her doing it and walk away from the relationship.

If I had a wife or girlfriend who posed nude and then came and told me about, she'd be getting dumped right then and there. No arguments, no drama, I'm off.

• Definitely you should ask your bf/husband first

• More from Guys
    27

3 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 23

• You should discuss it with them.

- Come on, would you want to find out your hubby/boyfriend posed nude and didn't tell you?

I wouldn't. Not the actual nude posing that would upset me, but that he didn't feel comfortable enough to tell me. Or that I wasn't important enough to tell.

She can still pose nude, but she should talk it out with him/her first.

- - Do you plan on doing this? ;) Is that why you're asking?

• It s just a general question haha
      And of course she should tell him but not ask for his permission especially if it s for art or a cause

• Never mentioned anything about permission. That's one part where I would be conflicted about it.

Talk it out, yeah. Even if he doesn't agree or approve, she has informed him. He could even come with. lol, fun on the bun!

• exactly ;)

• i don't think she *has* to. but i would ask, out of respect.

i've been thinking of volunteering as a nude model for an art class at school. still not sure if i'll do it or not, but i ran it by my man anyway, since i care about his feelings and the relationship enough to make sure he's okay with it.

• I d love to do it for art too. I got a dude asking me if I wanna volunteer too and his pics are so beautiful

• one might say that :)

• Pose nude or also publish the pictures? There's a big difference

I don't think when posing nude you should be obligated to tell your husband, it could be a nice surprise as well. However when plan to publically display the pictures, I think you should at least let me know

• I mean, I'm not saying she should outright ask for permission, but I feel like if she respects her spouse she should bring it up... Marriage is about mutual respect, after all.

• I think she should let them know it's happening but it's absolutely up to her whether she's going to do it or not after all.

• Would you do it?

• Oh yea 😎
      You mirin? πŸ˜‚

• The confidence? Totally babe πŸ˜›πŸ˜‚

• It is her body and she can do what ever she wants with it, though that doesn't mean her boyfriend or husband will want to stay with a woman like that.

• I would hope that she would talk to her husband about it. If her husband doesn't like the idea of it then I don't think she should do it. I guess it depends on how much the couple respects each other, and what they're comfortable with their spouse doing.

• Agreed. She may be an individual with her own beliefs, but they have chosen to be a couple and must agree on many things.

• She should ask. If you're in a relationship, you're a reflection of your partner. I know the guy I'm talking to now would never approve of that and would leave if I did that.

• She doesn't need permission but she should want his opinion if he's really important to her.

• give a heads up sure. but not ask. no.

• She definitely should tell him. They are married they are coupled. That is why I don't have a husband or boyfriend. I can pose nude anytime I want

• Well if she is not being nude in front of others or in public then it doesn't matter.
    Its totally her choice

• Posing nude for others or self? If it is for others, she should ask, or at least discuss with her partner. Posing nude for self or partner could be her own decision.

• No so much ask for permission but ask if they're OK with it or at the very least let them know it's what you're doing

• Unless it's like for porn or something then no

• So if your man wanted to pose nude without telling you, you'd be cool with that?

• lol you're young, you'll find this out the hard way it seems

• @Toad-1 I prob won't I'm not into posing naked

• I think she should at least discuss with him, especially if it's her husband.

• She absolutely does not require permission to pose nude, it's her body and she can do what she wants. I do however think it's a good idea to make him aware prior to doing it. Communication is an important factor in a relationship.

• do you think if a man was about to pose nude, would he then just make his girlfriend aware of it prior to doing it?

• @anonman32 I see what you're saying, but not all women are control freaks.

• @larosie yes i agree, it would be quite stupid to think they would be control freaks.

• She doesn't "need" to but I think it would be common courtesy

• I don't think she should ask for permission but she should tell him and discuss it with him.

• nope

• Nah only to tell him

• I think she should ask and If the husband doesn't like it, she shouldn't do it

• Of course! I mean, there shouldn't be any secrets in a relationship, especially one where the woman is exposing her body for money. I think when you are with someone, you should discuss everythingg and anything with them. Thats how good communication works.

• There is a different is telling your SO and asking him. And doesn t have to be for money

• Yea, I dont think its right to ask for permission, just have a discussion about it. And oh ok gotcha

• Difference**
      Okii, it s not my case though haha
      Just a general question ^^